PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i think ppc is gonna start to change

with all the changes m$ is making to winmo i think we are going to be seeing alot more defectors to this side.
1 no more sd cards
2 no 3rd party apps
3 only 3 form factors
4 no more overlay ui's
i think that these are all gamebreakers for winmo
how about u guys
Old 03-24-2010, 10:02 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: i think ppc is gonna start to change

You had me at "Hello".

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Since we're still 6+ months away from its release, hopefully they will come to their senses.

The SD card thing I could live with as long as there's 16Gb or more of internal storage, not the crappy 4Gb like we had in the Diamond.

The 3 form factors is probably alright. My guess is you'll have a full touchscreen, one with a slider, and one like the Trophy.

I think the 3rd party apps is still up in the air. By default, Android (at least the Nexus One) turns off installation of apps outside of the Market, but its an easy checkbox to turn it on.

With that being said, I love my Nexus One. I can still install custom ROMs and I think its a good option for WM users.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rshyffer is a n00b

I agree, I have been a long time WinMo user, and was very excited to hear about WP7S, but once the details were revealed I have really kind of lost interest. The Evo announcement yesterday from Sprint (my current carrier) may be the nail in the coffin for me and Windows Mobile.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:32 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

get ready to make a forward DNS records from PPCGeeks.com to AndroidGeeks.com
Old 03-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I think many will leave WinMo for Android in the next few months, with even more when the EVO 4G and Nexus One are released on Sprint. Android just works, and people are tired of hacking to hell their phone just to use it.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:05 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I think many will leave WinMo for Android in the next few months, with even more when the EVO 4G and Nexus One are released on Sprint. Android just works, and people are tired of hacking to hell their phone just to use it.
Agree on all counts. I'm just tired of WinMo in general. Flashing to fix, flashing for the sake of flashing. I know, just stay with stock or a well known ROM, but at the end of the day my TP2 is just too damn slow now I've played with some of the Android devices.

Believe it or not, one of my biggest gripes about switching would be the lack of posts / threads here on PPCG for the newer Android devices Sad but true, but hopefully over time that will improve.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

We have added many new users as of lately that are Android users and more and more of our WinMo users are converting, so I think we are growing nicely. In time, if Android keeps on with the momentum that we have seen thus far, I would be shocked to not see a pretty even number of Android and WinMo users here.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

I agree.. WM is getting tired and old...and with the direction wm7 is going.. where else is everyone gonna go!!! Android...Why.. cause like rain said it just works... plus its open source.. and plenty of hacking to be done.....We have a nice small android group here on ppcgeeks... but im gonna say this time next year it will be pretty even...That is if most of the wm users here can let go of sero...lol.. I think that is another factor for why alot of people put up with wm..
Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sorge is becoming a great contributor

Depends...android will need to kick it up a notch to compete with wm7 but yeah this summer i want to see new iPhone....if it doesn't have snaP dragon and 8 meg camera ill just left.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion