PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 01:25 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile ---> Android: Who has made the switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I heard Microsoft is buying Google.
I think your horns made you go deaf cause you didn't hear that! HAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Man please... at the rate Google is growing and taking over everything even Microsoft couldnt afford that.
Yeah, they're even getting into the ultra-high speed internet service
Old 03-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

when htc brings out a snapdragon phone with a keyboard running 2.1 or better they will have me on board. on that note can anyone recommend a good android forum besides here and xda. ive found a couple but theyre pretty small with not a lot of info, good droid blogs would be appreciated as well.

thanks

Last edited by redd214; 03-25-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:32 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
when htc brings out a snapdragon phone with a keyboard running 2.1 or better they will have me on board. on that note can anyone recommend a good android forum besides here and xda. ive found a couple but theyre pretty small with not a lot of info, good droid blogs would be appreciated as well.

thanks
I'm not really caring about a kb on my side of this haha, I hardly find myself using my TP2 kb, but here is an android forum I don't know if you have gone across but I'm going to become a member on it as it looks pretty active. WM seems to be a bit tad dead lol

http://androidforums.com/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I'm not really caring about a kb on my side of this haha, I hardly find myself using my TP2 kb, but here is an android forum I don't know if you have gone across but I'm going to become a member on it as it looks pretty active. WM seems to be a bit tad dead lol

http://androidforums.com/
thank you for that, i just registered there, put you as the referrer. dunno if you get anything special for it but i appreciate it!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

id switch in a heartbeat if i could find a phone i like, full qwerty keyboard. i dont like the ugly moto droid phone.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:52 PM
brr
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: Sprint

brr is a n00b

Mogul -- TP --- Now HERO....
Best switch I have ever done!
Few tweaks are needed but more user settings than anything. Out of the box and straight to use it has been the best phone I have had my hands on. I was looking at iPhone options and this is the closest thing on my service I could get and from what I read it's on par if not better than the i Phone! I wonder if a droid os is going to come out for a pc..lol
Old 03-26-2010, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

After many years of using a windows device I too am thinking of witching to the Sprint HTC Evo. Not because I am tired of WM (not a fan of WM 7) but because I love the hardware and design of the Evo. I have been waiting for a touch HD (big A screen) type phone to come to Sprint. I noticed the HD2 was not going to make it to Sprint so I upgraded my Touch to the TP2. My question is what is everyone using to take notes? I use word and excel often to reference information along with jotting down a quick note. I can see were email, text, and web are equal if not better but having access to files is a must as well for me. I know with Linux you have the option of open office is there an application similar. I did see were the Hero came with open office but that is too limited for me.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Im making the switch to Droid as soon as november comes around (my contract end date). My brother has the MotoDroid and ever since I saw the pictures of the Incredible ive been antsy. My biggest fear is that Verizon will somehow cripple the Incredible...in some ways they have since its been underclocked(now this may be HTC's fault but I dont blame them NEAR as much as I do verizon). Basically im just sick and tired of havng gimped phones is why im switching to Droid....plus a brand new device is always exciting.

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 03-27-2010, 01:03 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

The KB is holding the cavemen behind.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Used a Hero for 2 weeks, loved Android to death, everything just worked on it, and very few minimal tweaks needed. My only beef with the Hero was the sluggishness of it, especially when messaging, and that caused me to take it back, but I played wit a friend of mines Hero which was rooted and running the latest Fresh ROM, and WOW! I'm trying to hold out until this summer for the Evo to definitely part ways with WinMo, but it aint gonna happen lol

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion