PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omni 2 and droid
Carrier: verizon

Dmordarski is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile ---> Android: Who has made the switch?

I've had a ton of winmo phones, MDA 8125 8525,touch, imagio, omnia, omnia 2, And I got to say android and their market place are great, switch to a droid and I don't see myself switching back. Any phone that can run weeks without a restart is a winner in my book
Verizon
Old 03-22-2010, 09:17 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
I did.. and havent looked back!!!! though i do miss wm alittle. android is way more fun..Plus using the hero kinda reminds me of using the vogue..lol
what is it that you miss about wm?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:29 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Didnt really realize how behind wm was until I switched. Pretty amazing how google was able to jump past wm so fast with only their second version of their OS.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I've had EVERY winmo phone Sprint has ever had. I know have a nexus one and will never go back to windows unless they create something mind boggling.
Google is the next skynet
Old 03-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

I made the switch. I've had 8 consecutive Window Mobile devices, but it's been pretty clear they were dying. All I needed to push me over the edge was the announcement of WP7S and the fact that not only did I have to change platforms and get new apps no matter what, but MS made all the decisions I've hated on the iPhone. No multitasking, no side loading, no microsd, no copy/paste? Not for me. I went out and got a Moment for now. When the Evo is released the Moment goes to my wife.

Considering switching to a Hero instead of Moment while waiting on Evo. I really want Sense UI. I miss the smart dialer.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I heard Microsoft is buying Google.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro soon to be TP2

Zero_Shadow is becoming a great contributor

I know im seriously considering it my first smartphone was the TP and I liked it and loved the TP2 that I have but this world in which we live has left our dearly beloved WinMo for new ventures and thus support has almost died. I hate to leave it behind but I think this sealed the deal for me. Android and Evo here I come hate to lose my SERO tho
Old 03-24-2010, 09:51 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Shadow View Post
I know im seriously considering it my first smartphone was the TP and I liked it and loved the TP2 that I have but this world in which we live has left our dearly beloved WinMo for new ventures and thus support has almost died. I hate to leave it behind but I think this sealed the deal for me. Android and Evo here I come hate to lose my SERO tho
It's time you start paying full price! HA HA
At least you're sticking with HTC, they seem to make rock solid phones, I know I enjoyed the heck out of my TP and TP2, the only two HTC devices I've owned.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO (but no 4G yet!)
Threadstarter

shappy0869 is keeping up the good workshappy0869 is keeping up the good work

My TP2 is going up on ebay as soon as the Evo comes out. Bye Bye to SERO for me too! Great job Sprint and HTC!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:55 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I heard Microsoft is buying Google.
Man please... at the rate Google is growing and taking over everything even Microsoft couldnt afford that.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion