PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

jlylereeves is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Potential Android newb questions

Looking for a few quick answers from some Android experts. I am a longtime WM user with a failing HTC Titan/Mogul on Sprint. I am considering the jump to Anroid if I can setup the following options through the OS. Maybe you can quickly tell me if this is possible. Does Android:
  • Support full Gmail access? (so I can dump all my POP3 accounts into one for better mobile access)
  • Support full Google Docs & Apps access? (so I can move my documents and calendar online with mobile access, elminating a sync to a PC)
  • Have a document editor suite or Apps tie-in (to have a mobile desktop)
  • Have a LogMeIn app or support through the browser (for client remote desktop control)
I'm working between 3 different office locations and would like to move everything online going forward to simplfy access and workflow. I can do most of these thing with WM in some way or another but like the idea of having everything online and tied straight to my device. PPCGeeks have been a great resource to this lurker for some time. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Potential Android newb questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlylereeves View Post
Looking for a few quick answers from some Android experts. I am a longtime WM user with a failing HTC Titan/Mogul on Sprint. I am considering the jump to Anroid if I can setup the following options through the OS. Maybe you can quickly tell me if this is possible. Does Android:
  • Support full Gmail access? (so I can dump all my POP3 accounts into one for better mobile access)
Yes, via the Google Mail app (preinstalled) or via web browser.
Quote:
  • Support full Google Docs & Apps access? (so I can move my documents and calendar online with mobile access, elminating a sync to a PC)
Yes, web browser or GDocs or other app options.
Quote:
  • Have a document editor suite or Apps tie-in (to have a mobile desktop)
Yes, Documents To Go and other app options.
Quote:
  • Have a LogMeIn app or support through the browser (for client remote desktop control)
Yes, Logmein works fine, as well as a couple of different RDP app options.
Quote:
I'm working between 3 different office locations and would like to move everything online going forward to simplfy access and workflow. I can do most of these thing with WM in some way or another but like the idea of having everything online and tied straight to my device. PPCGeeks have been a great resource to this lurker for some time. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Threadstarter

jlylereeves is a n00b

Thanks, I was seeing mixed answers with some other forums, mostly dated respoinses though. Thanks again
Old 03-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

No problem, that's what we're here for. If you think of any other questions, you know where to ask
Old 03-19-2010, 12:26 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah, not here. Ask over in the official Iphone forums, im sure they will help you out. J/K Lol.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion