PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (Titan)
Carrier: Sprint

NityanandaChandra is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Use and activate Android without Data plan?

My company is renewing their contract, voice & texting and no data. Sprint reps, say that the Android phones will not activate nor operate unless is there is a data plan.

Now I am not sure if I should believe that because on this thread it seems like there were trying to say the same about the Mogul. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54895
I own a Mogul, bought new, but not from sprint, was able to activate it and works fine without data.

No does anyone know if Hero will work without data? and has anyone here successfully activated the phone without the sales rep selling you a commissioned data plan?
Old 01-07-2010, 12:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Use and activate Android without Data plan?

The system wont let them add it to your line, with out a data plan. I had free data, but they made me upgrade to the Everything Data so im paying $50 more a month for what i already had. But the kicker is, even the shitty Istinct will be sold that way. So, any touch screen phone with need a data plan REGARDLESS. However, phones like the TP/TP2 can get away with it. For now. The Pre cant be added to your plan without it, at least i was told that.

Thats mainly because you HAVE to sync OTA to either gmail or Exchange servers. Im sure you can do the same with wifi also, but since you cant turn off the data completely, im not sure theres a way to test it.

At least on 1.5.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Tags
android data activate