PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > Diamond Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 07:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

overtheair is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [VGA] HDWall-Like Mod for Sense 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
What version of manila are you using? The cab just overwrites 2 manila files (1 for top and 1 for bottom curtain). Try installing the cab, going to settings-today-items, uncheck sense, hit ok, to back to today-items, check sense, and wait for it to load. If the curtains are gone, then the cab/files are working. If they come back, then something is deleting the file and restoring the version in ROM (though I don't think I've ever heard of anything like that).
Running 2.5 2012 on OMJ's latest. That's what I've tried several times, and have tried uninstalling/reinstalling your file, as well as switching to Windows Default before switching back to Sense. No go with any of those - the top and bottom curtains are still there. At least I was able to get transparent clock and slider, so 2 out of 3 is better than none.

Last edited by overtheair; 03-24-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Threadstarter

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheair View Post
Running 2.5 2012 on OMJ's latest. That's what I've tried several times, and have tried uninstalling/reinstalling your file, as well as switching to Windows Default before switching back to Sense. No go with any of those - the top and bottom curtains are still there. At least I was able to get transparent clock and slider, so 2 out of 3 is better than none.
Ok, I'll look at the cab later. I may have messed something up since it should work on 2.5.2012. I didn't actually test the cabs since I cook all of these things into my rom.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:17 PM
N00b

Quote:
Ok, I'll look at the cab later. I may have messed something up since it should work on 2.5.2012. I didn't actually test the cabs since I cook all of these things into my rom.
Just occurred to me that maybe I'm the one who messed up by not following all of the mods you outlined. I don't know if this would make a difference, but I've only installed the 4 transparency cabs listed in post #1. I didn't install the mushroom cab or any of those in post #2. For the wallpaper, I'm using some 480x640 background images I found elsewhere on this site. I'm not sure what distinguishes the Start Menu curtain from the bottom curtain (the Start Menu link in the ROM I'm using is on the bottom), but my top and bottom bars are still opaque. And I just now noticed the bar with the date and time is still opaque also. This is not a big deal, as it was primarily the clock that I wanted to be transparent anyway. So thanks for helping make that possible.

Last edited by overtheair; 03-25-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:30 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheair View Post
Just occurred to me that maybe I'm the one who messed up by not following all of the mods you outlined. I don't know if this would make a difference, but I've only installed the 4 transparency cabs listed in post #1. I didn't install the mushroom cab or any of those in post #2. For the wallpaper, I'm using some 480x640 background images I found elsewhere on this site. I'm not sure what distinguishes the Start Menu curtain from the bottom curtain (the Start Menu link in the ROM I'm using is on the bottom), but my top and bottom bars are still opaque. And I just now noticed the bar with the date and time is still opaque also. This is not a big deal, as it was primarily the clock that I wanted to be transparent anyway. So thanks for helping make that possible.
The transparent curtains are part of manila. The bottom curtain is where the slider is and the top curtain is where your operator text appears. If those are transparent, then the cab worked. The only way to get the softkeybar and taskbar to be 'transparent' is to install a png of the portion of the wallpaper which would appear above and below the 536 pixels of the wallpaper (104 pixels are used for softkeybar and taskbar).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:09 PM
N00b

Quote:
The only way to get the softkeybar and taskbar to be 'transparent' is to install a png of the portion of the wallpaper which would appear above and below the 536 pixels of the wallpaper (104 pixels are used for softkeybar and taskbar).
OK, that's the problem then. I didn't complete your mod by installing a png to make the softkeybar and taskbar transparent. That's a project for another day. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Bell Mobility

ZALI- is a n00b

Hey mwalt, Thank you so much for putting this up. I appreciate your hard work!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: gsm

RR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuff

awesome mwalt2 as usual
Old 04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Hey mwalt... thanks for this set of easy-to-follow directions. Are there some easy steps to follow if you want to cook this mod into a rom? I found in OMJ's tweak folder where I can replace the stwater files but wasn't sure where the taskbar and softkey files might go and if converting the WM6.5VGAHDWall cab to an EXT then including it in a build would work or not.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:20 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormygal_indy View Post
Hey mwalt... thanks for this set of easy-to-follow directions. Are there some easy steps to follow if you want to cook this mod into a rom? I found in OMJ's tweak folder where I can replace the stwater files but wasn't sure where the taskbar and softkey files might go and if converting the WM6.5VGAHDWall cab to an EXT then including it in a build would work or not.
If you want to cook it into a ROM, you'll probably need to edit whatever tsk you are using and delete the registry entries for the taskbar/softkeybar images. Then just make an EXT from VGAHDWall cab and have it get processed after you sense files. If you need further help, feel free to shoot me a PM (though I'll be out of town the next couple of days). Also, you may be interested in volDeus's new program here. It gives the same effect and lets you have different portrait and landscape wallpapers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Also, you may be interested in volDeus's new program here. It gives the same effect and lets you have different portrait and landscape wallpapers.
I'll take a look at that too. Thanks for the info! And thanks for the offer if I have questions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > Diamond Themes & Software