PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 Other Manufacturers > Dell Venue Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 03:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who's getting the Dell Venue Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
Do you mind if I ask where you got yours because the TMO site does not have it listed and I am supposed to be able to buy a few thousand to kick off my site ( www.WindowsForPockets.com ). My Dell rep has no answers, nor does my MS rep so I am a little miffed that any other company is anticipating any certain delivery date.

matt
It's out on Dell's site now... the 8gb and 16gb models for $99 and $149 respectively. Dell Venue Pro Windows Phone 7 Smartphone Details | Dell
Old 12-02-2010, 05:32 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Dell Video Shows Venue Pro in Full Glory

Dell Video Shows Venue Pro in Full Glory
Old 12-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So if I understand correctly, you can't just walk into TM and get this phone today?
Old 12-20-2010, 03:27 PM
smu
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

smu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsmu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
So if I understand correctly, you can't just walk into TM and get this phone today?
That's correct...they don't even have demo models that you can hold, so I'm waiting until my neighbor gets his before I make a decision on it.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell Venue Pro
Carrier: T-mobile

zigg is a n00b

I got mine in the mail today... It certainly is a very nice device. The screen is awesome, the responsiveness is awesome, the sound is awesome, keyboard is nice and wp7... awesome.

I can't wait for some updates though. I do kind of feel that something is missing... not quite sure what that is at the moment.

Cons:
I hate that it uses the mini-usb; as if I needed another something different to connect to my PC.
I've had some random freezes. Not exactly sure what has caused it, as they have occured at differnt times while doing different things.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 & Moto Droid (wife)
Carrier: VZW

The Machinist is keeping up the good workThe Machinist is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigg View Post

I can't wait for some updates though. I do kind of feel that something is missing... not quite sure what that is at the moment.

Lack of navigational arrow buttons... on virtual and physical keyboards... realized this when I tried to edit a spreadsheet for work and wanted to select multiple cells. Never a problem on the 'ol TP2! ...makes editing certain text a PITA too...

random freezing has been an issue for every owner. I'm a little less than pleased with the device.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

roblord is just getting started

Just got mine about 2 weeks ago, It is definitely a great device, I actually never use the physical keyboard on it. WP7 is definitely too easy to navigate coming from TP2 and WM6.5.3, but it gets you in and out in seconds(not like my wife says), it is super quick and the screen is more amazing than any I have run across and I sell all 4 carriers, wish the service was better(t-mob). It is sufficient, but from what I hear Dell is upgrading radio, wifi, etc in a patch around April 28th. Nice phone, and a great improvement over tp2 where landscape is always an issue. Streaming Netflix is probably the most impressive feature currently. Many more to come when xbox live portion catches up.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: airtel
Carrier: nokia

avinkool is a n00b

Even if they put it out... they've already had SERIOUS defects with it and the aggregation is closing the adaptable administration down... why would you buy it? That makes NO sense. Even if t mobile takes over the adaptable administration whose traveling to accomplish replacements afterwards January? I deceit see any argumentation in that one... at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 Other Manufacturers > Dell Venue Pro