PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Dell Venue Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=276)
-   -   Who's getting the Dell Venue Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=136793)

Clipp 12-02-2010 03:29 AM

Re: Who's getting the Dell Venue Pro?

Quote:

Originally Posted by livejazz (Post 2005224)
Do you mind if I ask where you got yours because the TMO site does not have it listed and I am supposed to be able to buy a few thousand to kick off my site ( www.WindowsForPockets.com ). My Dell rep has no answers, nor does my MS rep so I am a little miffed that any other company is anticipating any certain delivery date.

matt

It's out on Dell's site now... the 8gb and 16gb models for $99 and $149 respectively. Dell Venue Pro Windows Phone 7 Smartphone Details | Dell

darren.wlsn1 12-02-2010 05:32 PM

Dell Video Shows Venue Pro in Full Glory

Dell Video Shows Venue Pro in Full Glory

oldpueblo 12-06-2010 12:51 PM

So if I understand correctly, you can't just walk into TM and get this phone today?

smu 12-20-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldpueblo (Post 2008262)
So if I understand correctly, you can't just walk into TM and get this phone today?

That's correct...they don't even have demo models that you can hold, so I'm waiting until my neighbor gets his before I make a decision on it.

zigg 12-24-2010 01:52 AM

I got mine in the mail today... It certainly is a very nice device. The screen is awesome, the responsiveness is awesome, the sound is awesome, keyboard is nice and wp7... awesome.

I can't wait for some updates though. I do kind of feel that something is missing... not quite sure what that is at the moment.

Cons:
I hate that it uses the mini-usb; as if I needed another something different to connect to my PC.
I've had some random freezes. Not exactly sure what has caused it, as they have occured at differnt times while doing different things.

The Machinist 12-29-2010 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zigg (Post 2019249)

I can't wait for some updates though. I do kind of feel that something is missing... not quite sure what that is at the moment.

Lack of navigational arrow buttons... on virtual and physical keyboards... realized this when I tried to edit a spreadsheet for work and wanted to select multiple cells. Never a problem on the 'ol TP2! ...makes editing certain text a PITA too...

random freezing has been an issue for every owner. I'm a little less than pleased with the device.

roblord 03-12-2011 10:26 AM

Just got mine about 2 weeks ago, It is definitely a great device, I actually never use the physical keyboard on it. WP7 is definitely too easy to navigate coming from TP2 and WM6.5.3, but it gets you in and out in seconds(not like my wife says), it is super quick and the screen is more amazing than any I have run across and I sell all 4 carriers, wish the service was better(t-mob). It is sufficient, but from what I hear Dell is upgrading radio, wifi, etc in a patch around April 28th. Nice phone, and a great improvement over tp2 where landscape is always an issue. Streaming Netflix is probably the most impressive feature currently. Many more to come when xbox live portion catches up.

avinkool 06-20-2011 07:50 PM

Even if they put it out... they've already had SERIOUS defects with it and the aggregation is closing the adaptable administration down... why would you buy it? That makes NO sense. Even if t mobile takes over the adaptable administration whose traveling to accomplish replacements afterwards January? I deceit see any argumentation in that one... at all.