PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > CovKid66
Register Community Search

Notices

Conversation Between CovKid66 and bizuser
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. CovKid66
    04-08-2010 12:47 PM - permalink
    CovKid66
    I think you've really got to try them for yourself and decide. There are pros and cons to both. SPB MS is highly customizable, but Manila 2.5 provides a great interface too. Personally I'm liking the simplicity of Manila over SPB MS right now, but the fun is having the choice

RhodiumW is another name for the CDMA / World version of the TP2. Rhodium is the gsm-only version.

Manila is the user interface HTC added to its devices like the TP and TP2. It's a "Today Screen" replacement basically. It is also known as Sense/SenseUI although I always thought Sense was Manila 2.5, and not 2.1, but I may be wrong!
  2. bizuser
    04-06-2010 11:17 PM - permalink
    bizuser
    I was talking about your post on the 1st page of the "Post Your Touch Pro 2 Home Screen" thread. would you recommend Manila 2.5 instead of Spb Mobile Shell.

Also, I'm kind of newbie to hacking windows mobile devices, so excuse my ignorance. What is RhodiumW and Manila 2.5? Are these just names for the ROM and which one should i use?
  3. CovKid66
    04-04-2010 11:01 PM - permalink
    CovKid66
    ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║ now, but it depends what you were looking at when you say "I've been able to customize it". I had an older home screen layout posted, but that was when I was using Spb Mobile Shell. I've gone back and forth between that and Manila. I'm liking Manila 2.5 on Mike's latest ROM I just linked to.
  4. bizuser
    04-04-2010 07:15 AM - permalink
    bizuser
    what ROM are you using on your TP2? It looks like you have been able to customize it pretty well.