PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Telus

delly47 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updated! [OCT/29] MatBee 6.5 ROM - 5.2.21872

this rom works well on a telus phone? no outstanding bugs?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ok thanks man, i think i did somethin like that when i changed my start menu icon on the touch pro 2.... out of curiosity do you run realvga?
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidhax View Post
You have to open shellres.#.dll in a resource editor, and delete the waiting icon images. Solved.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 850e (Pro)
Carrier: Sprint

gksmithlcw is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to gksmithlcw Send a message via AIM to gksmithlcw Send a message via MSN to gksmithlcw Send a message via Yahoo to gksmithlcw

I've found that the Option+OK key combo is not set in this ROM. I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can get it set to Task Manager? TM doesn't show in the list of available apps in the Buttons applet...

eNVENT Technologies
Use your imagination.
--
Sprint Treo 850e (Pro)

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: SprintPCS

darjin77 is a n00b

Bugs that I've found:
1.) When scrolling through contacts, all names get blurry except for the one that is highlighted. By blurry I mean its as if the contact's name is still in the same place on the screen, but another contact is in the same place as well (like writing your name on a piece of paper, then writing another name on top of that). As I scroll down, more names are moving to that same spot.
Also, when I scroll down towards contacts that are off the screen, it starts highlighting each one in blue as if they are selected.

2.) The alarm clock doesn't allow me to change the tone. Its a simple beep which does not even come close to waking me up in the morning. Also theres no way to have the alarm go off when the phone is on vibrate. Perhaps an Event line item for alarm could be added in Sounds & Notifications menu.

3.) Pressing X on applications is very slow.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

TheDarkStranger2009 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjin77 View Post
Bugs that I've found:
1.) When scrolling through contacts, all names get blurry except for the one that is highlighted. By blurry I mean its as if the contact's name is still in the same place on the screen, but another contact is in the same place as well (like writing your name on a piece of paper, then writing another name on top of that). As I scroll down, more names are moving to that same spot.
Also, when I scroll down towards contacts that are off the screen, it starts highlighting each one in blue as if they are selected.

2.) The alarm clock doesn't allow me to change the tone. Its a simple beep which does not even come close to waking me up in the morning. Also theres no way to have the alarm go off when the phone is on vibrate. Perhaps an Event line item for alarm could be added in Sounds & Notifications menu.

3.) Pressing X on applications is very slow.
i think 3 is just nature of this phone. the UI is kinda bulky, i don tthink 6.5 was meant for treo pro. so ya everything runs kinda slow.

something else i noticed that runs slow.
when u first turn on ur phone. the time is behind from the las ttime you turned it off. it takes like a second or 2 to catch up to the real time for the big main clock display. nothign u can do bout it tho i dont think
Old 11-05-2009, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkStranger2009 View Post
okay thats what i thought. sounds good.
i flashed it since 8pm today. so its been almost 8 hrs ive had it.

1. email button doesnt work by default, its not set to anything, i set it to 'email'. works now
2. i think there is some roaming funky thing going on? its searching for signal a lot and its low in bunch of places. i think before it used to be low and high in most places. now it went from low (to searching) and from high (to medium) as a result of installing this rom.

i remember reading in some other threads or forums that theres some kind of bug where the phone will keep roaming or disconnecting from servers. are you sure thats not an issue in this rom?

i will give it a few more days maybe just the satellites were moving around near me who knows

i take back #2. i don thave a data plan. and i think what was happening. i would see it trying to connect to sprint vision and failing.

i had to remove that crap off the phone and now i think the phones just as good as before.

good job on the rom!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

donated, thanks!

keep up the good work!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

aldburg is a n00b

my phone is frozen. On boot up once it hits the main page it freezes. Sometimes freezes with it saying "windows PC synchronized today 2:16PM" Worked before but now I cant seem to get it to work. Everytime I do a soft-reset it freezes. Any ideas how to fix that?
Old 11-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Tel9000 is just getting started
Re: MatBee 6.5 ROM - 5.2.21872 - CDMA ONLY

Acidhax,

Is the text autocompletion file you posted in one of your other roms the same as the one built in to this build of WM? Also, with this build, did you cook in the TreoRingerUpdate?

Thanks.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

acidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuffacidhax knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to acidhax
Re: MatBee 6.5 ROM - 5.2.21872 - CDMA ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel9000 View Post
Acidhax,

Is the text autocompletion file you posted in one of your other roms the same as the one built in to this build of WM? Also, with this build, did you cook in the TreoRingerUpdate?

Thanks.
No, I haven't touched this build in a while... I should put up a new version.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development