PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 11:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

NightRaven is keeping up the good workNightRaven is keeping up the good workNightRaven is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CDMA Treo Pro Kitchen WM6.5 build 21857

CDMA Treo Pro Kitchen WM6.5 build 21857
Attached Images
File Type: jpg home.jpg (28.0 KB, 330 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Start.jpg (24.9 KB, 226 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg about.jpg (36.2 KB, 206 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg memory.jpg (27.4 KB, 216 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by NightRaven; 09-22-2009 at 01:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: CDMA Treo Pro Kitchen WM6.5 build 21857

Great post, thx!
Old 09-22-2009, 05:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Telus

flash67 is just getting started

Whats the difference between a kitchen and a ROM?
Old 09-22-2009, 05:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

NightRaven is keeping up the good workNightRaven is keeping up the good workNightRaven is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash67 View Post
Whats the difference between a kitchen and a ROM?
A kitchen builds roms.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Malachi is a n00b

NightRaven, rookie here, but, it seems that the kitchen comes with 2 builds of WM 6.5. Can we flash these to our phones just as they are? Anything special about them? Customized by you maybe?

Any chance for a brief intro to using this kitchen for rookies? I messed around with Ebag's 700wx kitchen and cooked a couple ROMs for myself, but this seems WAY different. I mainly need to remove stuff like Games, unused ringers, etc and maybe make a few reg changes such as replacing left soft key "Contacts" with "SMS" that links to Palm Messaging (Treo 800 threaded sms by Hannip). I managed to edit the registry on my phone and do this, but would like to cook it into the ROM.

Unless this is not a do-it-yourself kitchen for rookies...

BTW: Thanks so much for this. I expect it to open the door wide open for some really nice custom ROMs.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Red face Re: CDMA Treo Pro Kitchen WM6.5 build 21857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
NightRaven, rookie here, but, it seems that the kitchen comes with 2 builds of WM 6.5. Can we flash these to our phones just as they are? Anything special about them? Customized by you maybe?

Any chance for a brief intro to using this kitchen for rookies? I messed around with Ebag's 700wx kitchen and cooked a couple ROMs for myself, but this seems WAY different. I mainly need to remove stuff like Games, unused ringers, etc and maybe make a few reg changes such as replacing left soft key "Contacts" with "SMS" that links to Palm Messaging (Treo 800 threaded sms by Hannip). I managed to edit the registry on my phone and do this, but would like to cook it into the ROM.

Unless this is not a do-it-yourself kitchen for rookies...

BTW: Thanks so much for this. I expect it to open the door wide open for some really nice custom ROMs.
20765 is the original 6.1 build. 21857 is the newest 6.5.0 build. If you want the original 6.1, just select 20765 for the XIP and the sys. If you want 6.5, select 21857. As for removing games, if you want to get rid of them all, disable the entertainment package by double clicking it. If you want to remove specific files, you will have to remove them from the sys folders manually. As for customizing the kitchen, all I did was take a few apps out of the OEM and converted them to ext packages. This is to show a sample of how they should be implemented.

For detailed information on how to use the kitchen search xda-developers.com for an Ervius Kitchen guide. There are many out there. I choose not to write my own, because I didn't feel it was necessary or time effective to reinvent the wheel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544445

I created this kitchen so I could put 6.5 on my fiancés Alltel Treo Pro, and only posted it because I promised to build on in June, and no one else has posted one. With that said, I really don’t have a device to test with. When my 700wx died, I choose to goes with a Touch Pro because it has much better specs and I figured Palm was about to dump all windows mobile development. I can help with some issues, but won’t be able to help with anything that may require testing.

Last edited by NightRaven; 09-22-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yes, thank u kindly for sharing
Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
I created this kitchen so I could put 6.5 on my fiancés Alltel Treo Pro,
Thank you for this. Did you use to reflash her rom already? If so, any issues that I/we should be aware of post flash?
Old 09-23-2009, 12:33 PM
to0
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

to0 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to to0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDon View Post
Thank you for this. Did you use to reflash her rom already? If so, any issues that I/we should be aware of post flash?
They're good ROMs. Everything's been fast and stable for me.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

petrafan007 is becoming a great contributor

How does everything display with the latest rom? If you click on a menu (that pops up), how does it display? Normally? And all the buttons/dialog boxes/check boxes/etc? Normal or very large?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development