PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Treo Pro Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Treo Pro CDMA HardSPL (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84822)

cmonex 09-15-2009 12:27 AM

Treo Pro CDMA HardSPL

4 Attachment(s)
Panther_CDMA (treo pro CDMA) Hard-SPL is here now!

thanks to CFay for testing :)

Instructions:

first, if you have GSM treo pro (NOT CDMA, NOT SPRINT/VERIZON/TELUS), this is not intended for your device. see this post on GSM treo pro's current status: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=55

steps:
0) if you have Vista or Windows 7, make sure you have latest WMDC.
1) download Hard-SPL package from attachment, extract to an empty local folder.
2) you must Have Phone Synced with PC in Windows Mobile!
3) run PANTHER_CDMA_HSPL exe from the folder
4) follow steps in the program!
5) it should go to tricolour screen now, i.e. SSPL mode, and show 0.32.SSPL. now follow steps in the RUU that's launched by now.
6) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done. if you get any errors, follow the instructions offered by the program.
7) to confirm you got it installed, go into bootloader mode (tricolour screen!) and verify the screen shows 0.36.CMONEX.

NOTE: you will not see the SPL version during normal boot!
to enter bootloader mode to see version: with the device turned on, press and hold the Camera button along with the Power button, then press the reset button with the stylus tip, then release the Camera and Power buttons when bootloader tricolour screen appears.

NOTE 2: anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically or problems with USB connection after SSPL was loaded, please copy SSPL-Manual-PantherCDMA.exe from the SSPLManual.zip attachment to the device and run it. then once the screen is in SSPL, run RUU manually. i.e. you run the RUU on the PC, if it isn't obvious.

NOTE 3: this is unsigned Hard-SPL. no limitations on flashing ROMs. also, this has overwrite protection, if someone needs to revert to stock SPL for warranty reasons, a stock SPL downgrade package will soon be posted.

NOTE 4: do not use this RUU to flash anything else! this is only intended for flashing the HardSPL.

finally, if you wish to thank me with a donation, you can do so by clicking the link the HardSPL program offers, or here: http://hpcmonex.net/htc/pantc/panther.htm

enjoy

cmonex 09-15-2009 12:32 AM

Re: Panther_CDMA (treo pro CDMA) Hard-SPL is here now!

Troubleshooting tips:

- read the instructions
- read the instructions
- read the instructions
- if you have USB issues:
1. anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically or problems with USB connection after SSPL was loaded, please copy SSPL-Manual-PantherCDMA.exe from the SSPLManual.zip attachment to the device and run it (make sure USB is plugged in). then once the screen is in SSPL, run RUU manually. i.e. you run the RUU on the PC, if it isn't obvious.
2. if it still has connection error in SSPL screen, try unplugging and replugging the USB
3. try different USB port, PC, etc.
4. when there are sync issues, the program also suggests installing this file on the phone: http://hpcmonex.net/roms/enablerapinew.cab, just making a note here too.
4. it's been verified that you can flash HardSPL from SD in SSPL, see instructions below.

Updates:

HardSPL NBH file is now downloadable from 1st post! you can flash this from SD now; rename this NBH to PANTIMG.NBH, put it on a fat32 formatted SD, and then run SSPL-Manual-PantherCDMA.exe on the phone.

steps for stock SPL restore:

0. only use this for warranty service! for no other purpose!!! also before flashing this, make sure you already have stock ROM flashed.
1. download Stock_SPL_Restore_036.zip attachment from 1st post, extract it.
2. get customRUU and flash this file. can also do SD flash (PANTIMG.NBH).

Zoen22 09-15-2009 12:34 AM

Haha you can have your second post i suppose.. thank you!

CFay 09-15-2009 12:35 AM

Hello World :) ;)

budney 09-15-2009 12:39 AM

Thank you cmonex for taking the time to make this unlocker. 8)

KillAByteZ 09-15-2009 01:01 AM

this will work on ALLTEL TREO PRO,right??

kthxbyelolz 09-15-2009 02:03 AM

Oh, Cmonex... you're amazing. Thank you so much for this!

Malatesta 09-15-2009 03:51 AM

Ugh, I have the dreaded "It syncs with WMDC but disconnects when in SSPL mode" issue. Tried two different PCs with the same result as well as SSPL-Manual-PantherCDMA.exe--the latter just disconnects (red charging light goes out instantly, WMDC disconnects)

Running WM7 and the latest WMDC of course and have tried all the various connection options, etc.

Is there anyway to do this flash via microSD/.nbh method instead of RUU?

CFay 09-15-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta (Post 1166577)
Ugh, I have the dreaded "It syncs with WMDC but disconnects when in SSPL mode" issue. Tried two different PCs with the same result as well as SSPL-Manual-PantherCDMA.exe--the latter just disconnects (red charging light goes out instantly, WMDC disconnects)

Running WM7 and the latest WMDC of course and have tried all the various connection options, etc.

Is there anyway to do this flash via microSD/.nbh method instead of RUU?

Once device boots into SSPL mode, try unplugging the usb cable and plugging back in. Im on Windows 7 too so I know it works.

Lancerz 09-15-2009 08:20 AM

The same thing is happening here, the device disconnects in sspl mode and WMDC disconnests also. I tried unplugging the usb cable but that didnt work either. I'm on Vista by the way.