PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 06:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G and Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

xdalaw is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: IconROM Win 6.5 CE OS 5.2.23563 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by icongene View Post
Sorry. A friend of mine is also using this rom for the past 2 days. No problem.

@xdalaw did you have any problem during installation?
No, I didn't. Only problem was that my PC had to reinstall the driver software after I got to the bootscreen during the ROM load. But, I didn't disconnect my device and instead, while connected, re-ran the rom upgrade utility and it loaded fine.

And, FWIW, I was using Vista home basic when I did the upgrade.

UPDATE: I have had a few ringer issues. Seems to ring fine after soft reset. But, after it's "off" for a while, I wasn't hearing my ring. (Screen would how incoming call, but no sound, and sound was turned on.) I hadn't applied the Sprint ringer fix cab, but have just done so and will see if behavior continues.

PLUS: minor request: could you add the WM 6.5 lock screen to a future build, instead of the older 6.1?
(PDA/Phone History (some of the names/models might be off due to my aging memory): Casio BOSS, Sharp Pocket Organizer, Palm IIIe, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Dell Axim X5 Advanced, Dell Axim X3i, Dell X50v, Cingular 8125, Palm 700Wx, Palm 700p, Sprint Mogul, Palm 800w, Sprint Touch Pro, Palm Treo Pro, LG Optimus S (wife's) and HTC EVO 4G)

Last edited by xdalaw; 04-26-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro 850

spiicytuna is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
UPDATE: I have had a few ringer issues. Seems to ring fine after soft reset. But, after it's "off" for a while, I wasn't hearing my ring. (Screen would how incoming call, but no sound, and sound was turned on.) I hadn't applied the Sprint ringer fix cab, but have just done so and will see if behavior continues.
Please report back about this..... ugh... the ringer always seems to be an issue lately.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

icongene is keeping up the good workicongene is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdt View Post
Installing the ICON Rom, we'll see what happens.

In post #3, I assume that the "Disable phone skin" box should remain checked, is this correct? (It would be helpful if you indicated that in the instructions). Thanks.

So far so good.

Thanks tomdt. Post #3 updated with detailed steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
No, I didn't. Only problem was that my PC had to reinstall the driver software after I got to the bootscreen during the ROM load. But, I didn't disconnect my device and instead, while connected, re-ran the rom upgrade utility and it loaded fine.

And, FWIW, I was using Vista home basic when I did the upgrade.

PLUS: minor request: could you add the WM 6.5 lock screen to a future build, instead of the older 6.1?
xdalaw: Thank you for your detailed test and feedback.
RE: 6.5 Lock Screen. I didn't include this intentionally because it was taking lots of space. If you want i can upload this tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiicytuna View Post
Please report back about this..... ugh... the ringer always seems to be an issue lately.
spiicytuna: Please try installingsprintringer fix cab.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:51 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

man icon you've outdone yourself on this one buddy!!! this thing is freakin fast, slim everything I love in a rom great work man!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 04-26-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Getting a couple random resets and lockups. Fixed with a soft reset, but not sure what's causing it. Can't seem to notice a particular pattern or misbehaving app, etc.

spiicytuna-Haven't had chance to keep testing the ringer. Will try this afternoon when I get a chance.

icongene-No need to add the 6.5 lockscreen. I'd rather it be lean and mean, too.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

tomdt is just getting started

Well, my experiment with your ROM did not go so well. Installed ROM and 96dpi. Worked well for a while. When I transfered my pim.vol over to the root, and calendar/address book stopped working, and I kept getting stuck in the windows start menu. The only way I could get out was to launch IE and then quit it. Repeated soft resets did nothing, so had to hard reset.

After the hard reset, transferred pim.vol to the root again, but this time immediately did a soft reset. Calendar and Address Book worked fine. Installed MemMaid, and both of the soft buttons did same action ("jump to" - I could not get to the "menu" to enter my registration code). Same experience with another program. Did another hard reset and reinstalled MemMaid, still had the same problem.

Before I take the hours to reinstall all of my software piece by piece, I need some more confidence in the stability of your ROM and that the core features will work. My experience with MemMaid may be an aberration, but I don't want to invest hours only to learn that some of my other key software will not work. For now I went back to BigE's 1/31 version (you are right I had 38MB of RAM with yours vs. 31MB with BigE's), but wanted to provide feedback and encourage your efforts. Thanks and please keep up the good work. Would love to have a stripped down ROM that is stable, and it looks like you have a good start.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:27 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

well im on one full day using this rom with no hicups s2u2 installed all contacts/cal events working just fine, good ram usage, all my lil programs seem to load up faster and run smoother imo. one thing that everyone need to realize is that all phone will not react the same with these custom roms. i know that when i got my replacement treo pro i had to toy with the flasher to get it to work.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdt View Post
. . .

After the hard reset, transferred pim.vol to the root again, but this time immediately did a soft reset. Calendar and Address Book worked fine. Installed MemMaid, and both of the soft buttons did same action ("jump to" - I could not get to the "menu" to enter my registration code). Same experience with another program. Did another hard reset and reinstalled MemMaid, still had the same problem.

Before I take the hours to reinstall all of my software piece by piece, I need some more confidence in the stability of your ROM and that the core features will work. My experience with MemMaid may be an aberration, but I don't want to invest hours only to learn that some of my other key software will not work.
I use MemMaid, too. I've contacted Dinarsoft about my inability to access all the settings menus when using a 6.5.x ROM, i.e., start menu on bottom of screen. This is something I saw with all of my 6.5.x ROMs, but not on the more traditional 6.5 ROMs. Unfortunately, when I contacted Dinarsoft about this a couple of months ago they were still waiting for an official 6.5.x SDK (I think) before they were going to address it.

I ended up setting up my settings on a 6.5 or 6.1 machine, saving the REG entries with Sashimi, and then have it set up to automatically re-import these settings after each hard reset or restoration. Not perfect but it's working for me.

Was the other ROM you were/are using 6.5.x also? If so, did it work on it as you wanted?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Update to my ringer-issue (i.e., ringing after soft reset and then sometimes not.) I think the issue was actually not ROM-related. I had been using Voice Command to announce incoming callers and sometimes that made the ringer silent as it prepared to announce verbally.

Since I de-selected this setting my ringer hasn't missed a call.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jblat1 is a n00b

Icon- Thanks for the work to date! 'Originally' I loved the rom... After one days worth of normal use, a couple of things:
1. I'm not a 'techy', so all this is fairly new to me. (only done 6-7 rom upgrades)
2. Issues I've been having are that I'm not receiving incoming calls, nor am I even connecting to the Sprint Network. However, if I press 1 (as if I'm checking vm) all of a sudden, the phone connects and updates. At that point texts along with vm's come in and I see that I've missed quite a bit of incoming info.
3. Internet works amazing, there haven't been ANY issues and it's super fast.
4. Signal strength is always at 'no bars'.
5. Performed a hard reset, this didn't alleviate any of the issues.

I'm assuming that something didn't go right when loading the initial rom. I see that you've made some adjustments today to the MMS along with a few other tweaks.

I'm going to re-install from scratch and follow all of your instructions exactly

Thanks again for your help! For people such as myself, you're work is really appreciated. I'd much rather learn from all of you, and try to upgrade my phone the way I want it, then go back to Sprint and hand them over another few hundred $'s!!!

Update- Reloaded everything from scratch. Same issues. Installed ringer fix, didn't resolve issue.

Phone is still not registering to sprint network. In fact when I looked in SETTINGS> SYSTEM, the phone is dated for Sep 2009, apprx 11am on the Eastern time zone. Not where I'm located, which tells me that my phone just isn't picking up the service.

Thoughts or fixes before I just scrap everything and go back to another ROM?

Last edited by jblat1; 04-26-2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Further issues found
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development