PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 05:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: cmcc

honking is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: BigE Rom Build 23511 V 1.2 (updated 12/30)

Quote:
Fixed sounds and notifications bugs
Hey, man. Can you please tell me how to fix the bugs, I have the same bug when I build a rom for my gsm tp. I have tried many times by defient way, but nothing works.

The problem puzzled me for a long time, would you please share your work for me? If you can , please zip and upload these folders from the kitchen which you work on (foldres: 'oem', 'sys', 'ext').

Thank you so much!

Last edited by honking; 01-05-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Iusacell

ekthor is a n00b
Re: BigE Rom Build 23511 V 1.2 (updated 12/30)

Hi all,

I have a Sprint Treo Pro, with OEM ROM. Trying to install this with RUU I always get ERROR 262. The phone never gets updated and it all goes to the same point in a setup RUU LOOP, I have tried some 7 times with no luck. The phone however works (with no update) after a reset.

I'm using Vista and Windows Mobile Device Center. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Old 01-05-2010, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Plam Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaypro is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekthor View Post
Hi all,

I have a Sprint Treo Pro, with OEM ROM. Trying to install this with RUU I always get ERROR 262. The phone never gets updated and it all goes to the same point in a setup RUU LOOP, I have tried some 7 times with no luck. The phone however works (with no update) after a reset.

I'm using Vista and Windows Mobile Device Center. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
I can only "try" to help you by recollecting what I did when i did mine:
1. Make sure you plugged your usb cable between your treo & pc
2. See that WM has activated & your pc screen says that ur connected
3. Click on the cab filr named "ROMUpdateUtility.exe" in zevot's build rom
4. after several instruction on ur pc screen (just click ok to all)..
5. You should see tyhe multui-colr screen on ur treo..
6. From this point just follow the instructions on your pc & treo screens!!

I hope this help!!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Iusacell

ekthor is a n00b

Thank you jaypro, but I have done all that. After the multi-color screen on my Treo, then the Status Bar % appears to always stay in 0% in both sides the Treo and the PC... then the RUU on the PC side throws the error 262. The troubleshoothing part of the guide says it is somehow expected, that the next time the RUU will run without problems, but the Error 262 appears again and again

I will try running RUU in a netbook with XP. Any other idea?
Old 01-05-2010, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Plam Treo Pro

jaypro is just getting started

I saw on several postings that unplgging-then-plugging the usb cable most often resolve the freeze and free your treo to continue the process. I suggest u do the same with no fear. The worst could happen is that you'd have to restart all over, and this sometime, is really a good idea (just like rebooting our PCs). Good luck!!!

Other things you might try..
1. Re-install MWM (or see if you have the most recent version)
2. Try another rom (zevot offers several good ones, and they're almost the same!
3. Unplug everything.. reboot your PC, and whern connecting, use completly different usb than the one you were using when having the freeze problem (trust me this works sometimes)
4. Try discussing the problem with zevot using his private email

Best of luck!!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo PRO
Carrier: alltel

wombat25 is a n00b

Has anyone been having problems being able to get their emails up and running?? i got my replacement treo today and set them up on it, but thought better to try a new rom since its a fresh device. same settings, same everything, and it says there is an error connecting to the incoming server. also wondering how to remove the sprint programs on there as I am a legacy alltel (now vzw) and have no need for them.

Much thanks
Old 01-05-2010, 08:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat25 View Post
it says there is an error connecting to the incoming server.
mine did that too, i waited(sumtimes an hour, sumtimes to the next day) and it let me set it up. dont think the rom is the issue, since it did it while the rom was stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat25 View Post
also wondering how to remove the sprint programs on there as I am a legacy alltel (now vzw) and have no need for them.
total commander. go to /windows/start menu/programs/highlight what u dont want, delete...but there are sum programs u can remove from remove programs under the system settings.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:17 PM
avd
N00b
Pocket PC: palm pro
Carrier: sprint

avd is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekthor View Post
Thank you jaypro, but I have done all that. After the multi-color screen on my Treo, then the Status Bar % appears to always stay in 0% in both sides the Treo and the PC... then the RUU on the PC side throws the error 262. The troubleshoothing part of the guide says it is somehow expected, that the next time the RUU will run without problems, but the Error 262 appears again and again

I will try running RUU in a netbook with XP. Any other idea?
unplug and then re-plug in your phone, and it should progress
Old 01-05-2010, 10:25 PM
avd
N00b
Pocket PC: palm pro
Carrier: sprint

avd is a n00b
96 dpi question....

some programs have different versions depending on screen size and resolution.... straight out of the box with this build, should we be using the vga or qvga versions of software (or does it matter since it is a square screen)??
Old 01-05-2010, 11:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 96 dpi question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by avd View Post
some programs have different versions depending on screen size and resolution.... straight out of the box with this build, should we be using the vga or qvga versions of software (or does it matter since it is a square screen)??
treo pro=QVGA
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro > CDMA Treo Pro Development