PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 02:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JustinAF is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I tried running old Google Maps (3.2.1) and the same thing. It's not GoogleMaps.
It was working perfectly on Energy's ROM with GoogleMaps 3.2.1

I think this Imagio thread has a strong hint of the problem.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91094

What is really strange though is the Weather Location is working (which uses the same technique I think).
However my Weather has always bounced between the State and the town and right it's showing the state. When I go to work it's locked nicely on the town and I'll try again then.

I tried updating PRL etc. and no change.

I think as the thread above indicates it has something to do with provisioning/PRL etc.

One other thing is I could swear there should be a GPS Location Icon next to Sprint in the phone and it's not showing with location on or off.
I'm running Sprint, 28005, 2.5 Manilla and I'm not having this issue. I haven't made any modifications to the kitchen itself, just chose the options I wanted.

So far, as long as I let the My Location update on its own before opening Google Maps, it works just fine.

I'll attach my .ERV file if you want to give it a shot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 002 M25_1921_28005_65x.zip (2.7 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

mizofizo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mizofizo
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Text sends fine for me on Sprint.
Are you using the JMZ provisioning or just the Sprint carrier settings? Also, I'm trying to make a build without Manilla. I've got it working with the SSK kitchen but for some reason the same package choices don't work with Calkulin's...
Old 12-03-2009, 03:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinAF View Post
I'm running Sprint, 28005, 2.5 Manilla and I'm not having this issue. I haven't made any modifications to the kitchen itself, just chose the options I wanted.

So far, as long as I let the My Location update on its own before opening Google Maps, it works just fine.

Just wanted to add, if you run quick gps and soft reset, it works for me. =)
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

mrimage is just getting started

i built a sprint manila sense 2.1 rom but when i went in the text message i see htc message from manila 2.5 which one in the kitchen i should deselect to remove the htc message?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:22 AM
VIP Member

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrimage View Post
i built a sprint manila sense 2.1 rom but when i went in the text message i see htc message from manila 2.5 which one in the kitchen i should deselect to remove the htc message?

Yes deselect it. Hopefully sometime in the future the HTC replacement sms app will work with 2.1
Old 12-03-2009, 03:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinAF View Post

What about the new Bing- does it get your location (presumably instantly) too?
Old 12-03-2009, 03:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizofizo View Post
Are you using the JMZ provisioning or just the Sprint carrier settings? Also, I'm trying to make a build without Manilla. I've got it working with the SSK kitchen but for some reason the same package choices don't work with Calkulin's...
I'm trying to make a build without Manilla too and having no luck...
Old 12-03-2009, 03:28 AM
VIP Member

If anyone here is a flash junkie, the final 1.1 kitchen does not include the skip welcome screen. I made a ext package which it will simply skip the tap here to begin and will go right into either runcc or auto config setup.

Get the package below.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic

Windows CE | 5.2 Build 5006 (November 29, 2009 15:49:16) | WMD

28008 | Dump+xip.bin | DPI 192 RESH 480 RESV 640, RESH 480 RESV 800 | LANG 0409

Tested for VK

Thanks go out to Da_G at XDA

http://www.mediafire.com/?ydmvn2mjgez

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!

Last edited by DigitalAttic; 12-03-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Corrected reported CRC errors; refined a bit.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:45 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
I tried running old Google Maps (3.2.1) and the same thing. It's not GoogleMaps.
It was working perfectly on Energy's ROM with GoogleMaps 3.2.1

I think this Imagio thread has a strong hint of the problem.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91094

What is really strange though is the Weather Location is working (which uses the same technique I think).
However my Weather has always bounced between the State and the town and right it's showing the state. When I go to work it's locked nicely on the town and I'll try again then.

I tried updating PRL etc. and no change.

I think as the thread above indicates it has something to do with provisioning/PRL etc.

One other thing is I could swear there should be a GPS Location Icon next to Sprint in the phone and it's not showing with location on or off.
You're right, just tested it.

Let me know if you find a fix.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development