PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-11 ][ v1.4 ][ 23518 / 21888 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
this command should be runcustomer, as if default it doesn't find the .txt its going to error out if i'm not mistaken.
I rather stick with native support as I figured out how to make it happen. You know Mighty if there is command to set in the lua file to not delete cabs?
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 1-11 ][ v1.4 ][ 23518 / 21888 / 21056 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
I rather stick with native support as I figured out how to make it happen. You know Mighty if there is command to set in the lua file to not delete cabs?
ugh i haven't figured that out, although making all your files in your sdconfig "read only" solves this

It doesn't delete after install.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
ugh i haven't figured that out, although making all your files in your sdconfig "read only" solves this

It doesn't delete after install.
Thanks Mike. I'm trying to use sdconfig.txt to autorun Sashimi to install some cabs, import some reg. settings and setup my exchange mail account via a xml and a cer. What other options do I have to get this done? XDA_UC seem to give me problems and never installed the certificate.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon123 View Post
Thanks Mike. I'm trying to use sdconfig.txt to autorun Sashimi to install some cabs, import some reg. settings and setup my exchange mail account via a xml and a cer. What other options do I have to get this done? XDA_UC seem to give me problems and never installed the certificate.
Did xda_uc install anything?

Did it prompt to run after flashing?

I use it for exchange certificate, and does the trick.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
this command should be runcustomer, as if default it doesn't find the .txt its going to error out if i'm not mistaken.
Mike, I changed to that and I still got an error. Here is my runcc .lua:

chk = oem.checkfileexist("\\Windows\\config_operator.txt")
if chk == 1 then
runcc.addrun("RunDefault", "run", "\\Windows\\config_operator.txt")
end
chk = oem.checkfileexist("\\Windows\\Manila.txt")
if chk == 1 then
runcc.addrun("RunExtra", "run", "\\Windows\\Manila.txt")
end
chk = oem.checkfileexist("\\Windows\\Config.txt")
if chk == 1 then
runcc.addrun("RunExtra", "run", "\\Windows\\Config.txt")
end
chk = oem.checkfileexist(“\\Storage Card\\Sdconfig.txt”)
if chk == 1 then
runcc.addrun(“RunCustomer”, “run”, “\\Storage Card\\SDconfig.txt”)
end
Old 01-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Did xda_uc install anything?

Did it prompt to run after flashing?

I use it for exchange certificate, and does the trick.
When I first tried it, I tried to make it do everything I had Sashimi do which was to install a couple of cabs, copy my ringtones over, ringtone and alert reg files, contact card reg, owner reg., exchange mail certificate and exchange mail settings. It didn't seem to do much, but opened up task manager which I found kind of weird. So when I tried again I tried everything except copy files and set ringtones and alerts since I wasn't sure if I was doing the coping right. It seemed to work better and I think my cabs were installed and exchange account was setup, but I noticed my certificate wasn't installed since when I tried to sync it gave me a certificate error. This is when I gave up and went back to Sashimi, which works well but seems to be a bitch to autorun. I just copied my cert.cer to the XDA_UC folder on my storage card. Thanks for any help.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
I used OEMizer http://tiermann.net/index.php?option...sktop&Itemid=3 to create my exchange and gmail accounts. It then creates the mxip_myProv_100.provxml file. I put a dot between the prov.xml and use dot fred task manager http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm to import it and it works.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
When I first tried it, I tried to make it do everything I had Sashimi do which was to install a couple of cabs, copy my ringtones over, ringtone and alert reg files, contact card reg, owner reg., exchange mail certificate and exchange mail settings. It didn't seem to do much, but opened up task manager which I found kind of weird. So when I tried again I tried everything except copy files and set ringtones and alerts since I wasn't sure if I was doing the coping right. It seemed to work better and I think my cabs were installed and exchange account was setup, but I noticed my certificate wasn't installed since when I tried to sync it gave me a certificate error. This is when I gave up and went back to Sashimi, which works well but seems to be a bitch to autorun. I just copied my cert.cer to the XDA_UC folder on my storage card. Thanks for any help.
It may not know what to do with a .cer file. I have a cab file that adds mine.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
It may not know what to do with a .cer file. I have a cab file that adds mine.
How do you do that?
Old 01-17-2010, 07:21 PM
DavidMMorley

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
How do you do that?
xda_uc is set to silent on .cer and most (including mine) need a password to install. so unless you can disable the password prompt xda_uc seems to just copy and not install them as desired.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development