PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 12:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-31 ][ v1.3 ][ 6.5.x \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganlowe View Post
Something I noticed on two Win7 64bit machines... After cooking and flashing 6.5.x with this Kitchen, it crashes WMDC hard. It might freeze the PC even.. Now I am still trying to figure out if its the computers or something in the ROM, but anyone here notice any strange activesync behavior?
im using 7 64 bit on my desktop and laptop and no problems on either one
Old 01-03-2010, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!! TP2 Toughbook CF19 Sprint WWAN
Carrier: SPRINT

morganlowe is keeping up the good workmorganlowe is keeping up the good work
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-31 ][ v1.3 ][ 6.5.x \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

it must be me then, but now I broke something else. I put in that XDA_UC package, and now on two machines I get 8.62MB MBH files. Not quite enough there for a ROM... running as Admin and UC is in the OEM / Common folder with the rest of the SYS stuff... Trying one without it.

Ok, so dont put it in Sys... it worked now. Also i found out how much my little Acer netbook sucks at processing >.<

Ask me about cutting Vinyl Stickers in a PM!

Last edited by morganlowe; 01-03-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Thanks. Be nice if it was a standard part of Kitchen Hint Hint

How robust is this compared to SDConfig.txt in that if I included cabs that prompted in sdconfig.txt it would hang.

I think sdconfig.txt is a little better because you often need to control order things get installed and you can also add tweaks (reg edits etc.)

Be nice if kitched had both. I believe Calkulin already uses it for his own customization and just requires an extra line in his script to look on SD Card for another script.

EDIT: Looks like XDA_UC does it all.
Just a follow up that this worked great.

Here is some more info on it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=562568

I asked Calkulin if he could add it to next kitchen.

I have it installing all my cabs, including one that promptes with questions.

And 3 registry scripts.

I also built a great lean ROM.

Flash, Sync with Exchange and I'm up and running except for configuring a few apps.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:11 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
thanks... .is there one that makes the icon on the taskbar invisible?

anyone? for the sony x2 task manager... the edit or cab that makes the icon for the task manager invisible.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:33 PM
VIP Member

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

In case any newbies have been lurking here nervous to try building their own ROM I wrote up a soup to nuts description in the main forum.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104496
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S
Carrier: Sprint

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Anyone...

I am trying to make a cricket carrier package for the kitchen. Since I have verizon phone I am working with the verizon carrier package.

Heres what I've done so far:
Changed out the mxipupsate_oemoperators_101.provxml
Changed out the mxipupdate_oemoperators_104.provxml

Both of those are from Calkulin's old Cricket carrier package from the diamond kitchen. I have test it and it works, but would like to know what in the verizon package that I DON'T need.

Example: I would like to get rid of the verizon phone numbers... *86, #225, #3282, and etc

Can someone help? Need cricket setup on verizon phone...
Old 01-04-2010, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

I just noticed the ROM I built doesn't have the Bluetooth Hangup with data active issue.

Does any one else see this?

I'm curious if it's the Provisioning Calkulin uses, Calkulins Tweaks or all the junk I stripped out that fixed it.

I used the single Sprint provider selection.

Follow the link in my signature for kitchen if you want to try the ERV file.
Remember though it has Sprint provider selected.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I just noticed the ROM I built doesn't have the Bluetooth Hangup with data active issue.

Does any one else see this?

I'm curious if it's the Provisioning Calkulin uses, Calkulins Tweaks or all the junk I stripped out that fixed it.

I used the single Sprint provider selection.

Follow the link in my signature for kitchen if you want to try the ERV file.
Remember though it has Sprint provider selected.
it was calkulin who fixed the bluetooth issue, he updated the kitchen with the newest version. This was fixed in kitchen 1.2z
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
anyone? for the sony x2 task manager... the edit or cab that makes the icon for the task manager invisible.
if you are using enhanced notification, that task manager will not work.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:52 PM
VIP Member

I just noticed in the Energy ROM thread that Energy posted a patch for disabling
the Document Indexer to get back some resources.

His cab to do it is at http://digs.by/16vw

I created a registry script and stuck it in my XDA_UC folder to disable a bunch of these HTC manila services I don't use.

Note I just appended an underscore to kill the service in case I want it back. Energy renamed .dll to .bak in his cab for just the document indexer.

I don't know how much difference this really makes if the manila tabs for these corresponding manila services are disabled. You would think HTC wouldn't load these if the tab is disabled.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\HTCService]
"DocIndexerService"="DocIndexerService.dll_"
"FootprintsService"="FootprintsService.dll_"
"TwitterService"="TwitterService.dll_"
"YgosrvService"="YgosrvService.dll"
"WorldClockService"="WorldClockService.dll"
"WeatherService"="WeatherService.dll"
"SettingService"="SettingService.dll"
"messaging"="manila_messaging.dll"
"LauncherService"="LauncherService.dll"
"InternetPushService"="InternetPushService.dll _"
"HomeService"="HomeService.dll"
"contacts"="contacts.dll"
"CameraAlbumService"="CameraAlbumService.dll"
"AudioManagerService"="AudioManagerService.dll "
"AppointmentService"="AppointmentService.dll"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development