PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 09:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-14 ][ v1.2 ][ 6.5.5 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maan76 View Post
state caller ID is working good for 6.1 build . I have it
Well, I am using 21885 not 6.1 build. Either way it does not work in the kitchen I have.
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-14 ][ v1.2 ][ 6.5.5 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
just tried a hard reset afer flashing with the Swype.zip you posted earlier in the thread and installed SIP change, but it only shows the standard MS keyboard

Anyone whip up a working Swype EXT, i tried but the English HTM would not load, i might try my hand at it again, but anyone who gets it first gets the thanks
sorry. im not sure what the deal is but it is working here. ill do some digging and see what I can come up with
Old 12-17-2009, 12:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Here are a few things i managed to configure in the kitchen and some i did not.

I managed to cook in the Volume Enhancement keys into the kitchen, it originally had two blank icons, one to emulate pressing the Vol key and one to go into options. I eliminated the first button and just left the options. Tested/Working on WM 28014 build.

I also figured out that if you leave out HTC 2.1 Manila Input options (htc keyboard SIP) you'll have an easier time putting down the SIP in WM 28000 builds as it disables anything from popping up on the right side of the sip. A long press on the keyboard icon when minimized, brings up SIP options to quickly switch sips.

And finally, i got tired of the SIP alignment problems on the 28000 builds and ported over all the updated EXT and OEM's from the v1.2 kitchen over to 1.0 (w/ build 6.5.1 (23506)

I decided i'd sacrifice the 2.01 USC drivers for a better feeling functinal ROM with Kitchen 1.0 but that was soon diverted by having the 1.0 Kitchen crash on me. Kitchen error is " ROM Kitchen Executable has stopped working"

So Calkulin if you're out there, can you reintegrate a 6.5.1 build into the kitchen, it would make December great!

attached is verified/working Volume Enhancement Keys for Calkulins v.1.2 Kitchen

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: better beliEVO!
Carrier: Sprint

meeklo062704 is keeping up the good workmeeklo062704 is keeping up the good work

Is there a way to dump a rom as a .bin from the kitchen?
Old 12-17-2009, 02:01 AM
Super Saiyan 3

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
Here are a few things i managed to configure in the kitchen and some i did not.

I managed to cook in the Volume Enhancement keys into the kitchen, it originally had two blank icons, one to emulate pressing the Vol key and one to go into options. I eliminated the first button and just left the options. Tested/Working on WM 28014 build.

I also figured out that if you leave out HTC 2.1 Manila Input options (htc keyboard SIP) you'll have an easier time putting down the SIP in WM 28000 builds as it disables anything from popping up on the right side of the sip. A long press on the keyboard icon when minimized, brings up SIP options to quickly switch sips.

And finally, i got tired of the SIP alignment problems on the 28000 builds and ported over all the updated EXT and OEM's from the v1.2 kitchen over to 1.0 (w/ build 6.5.1 (23506)

I decided i'd sacrifice the 2.01 USC drivers for a better feeling functinal ROM with Kitchen 1.0 but that was soon diverted by having the 1.0 Kitchen crash on me. Kitchen error is " ROM Kitchen Executable has stopped working"

So Calkulin if you're out there, can you reintegrate a 6.5.1 build into the kitchen, it would make December great!

attached is verified/working Volume Enhancement Keys for Calkulins v.1.2 Kitchen

Would this work on 6.1? :P
Old 12-17-2009, 03:03 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Would this work on 6.1? :P
I don't foresee a reason why not, all it does is launch a standalone .Exe that takes care of the volume bar.

Its very unintrusive, if you're in another program it doesn't block the whole screen like the stock HTC Volume enhancement does and it also a bit snappier, just make sure to disable the HTC Volume Enhancement first
Old 12-17-2009, 05:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)

Snager is just getting started

Does anyone know where to look to modify the Default Start Menu Links?

Like Windows Media Player, Calculator, Internet Explore ...... I'm trying to put the Windows Media Player link into a Folder called Multimedia ect.

Just trying to cook a cleaner Start Menu.. Thanks.

Last edited by Snager; 12-17-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: vzw

validoption is keeping up the good workvalidoption is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snager View Post
Does anyone know where to look to modify the Default Start Menu Links?

Like Windows Media Player, Calculator, Internet Explore ...... I'm trying to put the Windows Media Player link into a Folder called Multimedia ect.

Just trying to make a cleaner Start Menu.. Thanks.
Look for a program called reStart, authored by--I believe--Showaco
Old 12-17-2009, 05:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)

Snager is just getting started

Thanks but im looking at a way to modify the kitchen so its cooked into the rom ..not modify it after its flashed ..thanks though
Old 12-17-2009, 06:18 AM
Super Saiyan 3

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snager View Post
Thanks but im looking at a way to modify the kitchen so its cooked into the rom ..not modify it after its flashed ..thanks though
There are a number of places you can accomplish this, but the one where it all takes place is here,

"\OEM\Touch_Pro2\0409\OEM_Lang_0409\initflashfiles .dat"

edit this file in notepad and you will see how shortcuts get added to the start menu. this is the raw method of doing it... I'm sure you could use something like RunCC to accomplish this as well...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development