PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankbear View Post
I have used 6.5.3 with 28005 and 28008 and Google Maps 3.2.1 cooked in from the kitchen. Once I loaded 3.3, it stopped working.

P.S. I have used Manila 2.5.1920.2525 and 2.5.1921.1619 with the above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
i have tower based location working with this kitchen. im using it as i type this.

ext-6.5.x
sys-28008
xip-28008(though all xip's are the same)
old google maps 3.2.1 not 3.3
no manilla files what so ever
Thanks guys, maybe it's a WM 6.1 specific issue in the kitchen. A newer version of Google Maps came out (3.3.1 #0, check software forum) and tower based location works and layers are fixed. But even with the older 3.2.1 version, tower based location doesn't work when cooking a 6.1 ROM. It simply says "unable to determine your location" or something like that. However, my location with Manila 2.1 (Sense) works fine. Tried all the fixes posted (quickgps, soft resetting after quickgps, my location then google maps.) and none of them worked.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Windows CE | 5.2 Build 5006 (November 29, 2009 15:49:16) | WMD

28009 | Dump+xip.bin | DPI 192 RESH 480 RESV 640, RESH 480 RESV 800 | LANG 0409

Tested for VK

Thanks go out to Monkeybape at Xbeta

Changes from 28008:

BaseApps
doclist.dll
pimstore.dll
browsingie
browsui.dll
MediaOS
wmcore.dll
Shell
pimutil.dll
shell32.exe

Improved memory management
Languages unchanged

http://www.mediafire.com/?lmmjqmkurmn

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post

Tested for VK

Changes from 28008:

BaseApps
doclist.dll
pimstore.dll
browsingie
browsui.dll
MediaOS
wmcore.dll
Shell
pimutil.dll
shell32.exe

Languages unchanged

And I was just about to cook a new 28008 ROM when I get home tonight. I guess I'm skipping 28008 and going straight for 28009.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:54 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
i have tower based location working with this kitchen. im using it as i type this.

ext-6.5.x
sys-28008
xip-28008(though all xip's are the same)
old google maps 3.2.1 not 3.3
no manilla files what so ever

No matter how I build a 6.5.x ROM I can't get text messaging to work. I don't use manila either. When I build one, if I click new in SMS nothing happens. If I receive a text, I click to open it and nothing happens. I don't cook in the Messaging Client that is selectable, but the HTC Messaging that is in the OEM I leave in.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 12-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Super Saiyan 3

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
No matter how I build a 6.5.x ROM I can't get text messaging to work. I don't use manila either. When I build one, if I click new in SMS nothing happens. If I receive a text, I click to open it and nothing happens. I don't cook in the Messaging Client that is selectable, but the HTC Messaging that is in the OEM I leave in.

Anyone have any ideas?
Same here with the 6.1 ROM...
Old 12-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
here, try this out, its from xda and for Wvga devices w/ 6.5 cab is attached in the post

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=587631

it'll get rid of the hexagonal icon positioning and consolidate you programs into a single column scrollable list assinged to start button
Awesome find, thanks alot. I don't care for the honeycomb start menu.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

icon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good workicon123 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post

Tested for VK

Changes from 28008:

BaseApps
doclist.dll
pimstore.dll
browsingie
browsui.dll
MediaOS
wmcore.dll
Shell
pimutil.dll
shell32.exe

Languages unchanged

Once again, can someone help with the directory structure of this version for Calk's kitchen. I don't see where to put the files. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Almost a VIP

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon123 View Post
Once again, can someone help with the directory structure of this version for Calk's kitchen. I don't see where to put the files. Thanks.
What I did, and I could be wrong, was:
-put the folder I extracted from the archive here in the SYS folder
-copied the 28005 folder from ROM/Shared, pasted it somewhere else and renamed it 28009 and then cut/paste it back in ROM/Shared
-Repeated above step but with ROM/Touch_Pro2

Someone correct me if those are the wrong steps.

Last edited by WisdomWolfX; 12-07-2009 at 12:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
What I did, and I could be wrong, was:
-put the folder I extracted from the archive here in the SYS folder
-copied the 28005 folder from ROM/Shared, pasted it somewhere else and renamed it 28009 and then cut/paste it back in ROM/Shared
-Repeated above step but with ROM/Touch_Pro2

Someone correct me if those are the wrong steps.
Well that's not it. I keep getting errors when trying to build a ROM using this method. Guess I'll have to wait for someone else who actually knows what they are doing to come along and straighten us out. Back to the drawing board in the meantime.

EDIT: HMM it appears that we need xip files for the ROM/Shared folder like Calkulin provides with his 28008 SYS.

EDIT2: I found the 28009 XIP (it was in another RAR folder inside the 28009 folder that I extracted), but even after copying and pasting that to the right area in ROM/Shared and then copying and renaming the 28005 folder in the ROM/Touch_Pro2 Folder I can't get it to build. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by WisdomWolfX; 12-07-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:51 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Well that's not it. I keep getting errors when trying to build a ROM using this method. Guess I'll have to wait for someone else who actually knows what they are doing to come along and straighten us out. Back to the drawing board in the meantime.

EDIT: HMM it appears that we need xip files for the ROM/Shared folder like Calkulin provides with his 28008 SYS.

EDIT2: I found the 28009 XIP (it was in another RAR folder inside the 28009 folder that I extracted), but even after copying and pasting that to the right area in ROM/Shared and then copying and renaming the 28005 folder in the ROM/Touch_Pro2 Folder I can't get it to build. What am I doing wrong?
sounds like you're doing it right after your second edit, I personally haven't cooked the 23009 yet, because i downloaded it to the phone and i just tested importing 23008 following the directories carefully and copying renaming the oemxip and i built a ROM with 23008 just fine no errors in the build process.

Im thinking its because Calk did not assemble the 23009 directly, was the file structure in the ROM and SYS different than the 23008 ROM and SYS? you mentioned you found the XIP after a bit of searching
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development