PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

So has anyone been able to build a ROM that does not have Manilla? I am not having any success with this at all. Once I remove Manilla, I get a check HTC log error during the customization process.

I'm trying to get rid of manilla altogether and use SPB Mobile Shell as the interface, with the standard Windows Mobile messaging. I don't want any of the HTC interface stuff...
Old 12-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
So has anyone been able to build a ROM that does not have Manilla? I am not having any success with this at all. Once I remove Manilla, I get a check HTC log error during the customization process.

I'm trying to get rid of manilla altogether and use SPB Mobile Shell as the interface, with the standard Windows Mobile messaging. I don't want any of the HTC interface stuff...
you must not have read the very post before yours.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

I'm back to wanting to strangle myself.. I flashed NRG and got all the MMS and SMS settings where I wanted them... then flashed back to Calkulin and then imported the registry entries for SMS and MMS, but things aren't working like they're supposed to. I also can't see the thumbnails when I go to attach a picture via Picture Message. I'm about ready to abandon hope until progress is made with 6.5.3 and messaging...

Nate
Old 12-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:

I have, but cell triangulation isn't working, and i get an internet explorer 6 window that pops up every single time i soft-reset.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I don't have any lock ups at all. are you installing showcase, if so that could be the problem. I build 6.5.x titanium roms only no manilla. If you're on sprint I could upload it to you when i get off tonight and you could try it out. it will run smooth.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
I have, but cell triangulation isn't working, and i get an internet explorer 6 window that pops up every single time i soft-reset.
I have cell triangulation working in my 28008 rom but i'm running the standard 3.2.1 google maps, not the new one. I have no internet explorer error at all.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Super Saiyan 3

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
I have cell triangulation working in my 28008 rom but i'm running the standard 3.2.1 google maps, not the new one. I have no internet explorer error at all.

Weird. I added the "IE6Enhancement" maybe that's why? It just launches ie6 with a homepage to search the web every single time i soft reset. Nothing is in the StartUp folder related to Internet Explorer, nor is there anything in HKCU\Software\HTC\Bootlauncher\Apps\ or services or anything.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:49 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:

I also run only Titanium (no manila) and have no problems. What are you selecting? Are you adding any of your own EXTs? Do you use the sprint carrier EXT or try to do it generic?

I am using the 6.5 sys 'cause I am not comfortable with 6.5.X yet. What sys are you trying to work with?

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 12-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Weird. I added the "IE6Enhancement" maybe that's why? It just launches ie6 with a homepage to search the web every single time i soft reset. Nothing is in the StartUp folder related to Internet Explorer, nor is there anything in HKCU\Software\HTC\Bootlauncher\Apps\ or services or anything.
that could be it, I do not select the ie enhancement.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Super Saiyan 3

Quote:
that could be it, I do not select the ie enhancement.
Do you select any carrier? or generic? do you use juggalo's Mr.X carrier cab?

I created a 6.1 ROM and cell triangulation didn't work with it.

Trying to narrow down what you've got that i don't.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Do you select any carrier? or generic? do you use juggalo's Mr.X carrier cab?

I created a 6.1 ROM and cell triangulation didn't work with it.

Trying to narrow down what you've got that i don't.
I don't use any carrier cab at all and I change carrier to sprint. I have no problems with those selections. I have only created 6.5.1 roms but to my knowledge those are the harder ones so i'm assuming if i create 6.5 or 6.1 i definitely wouldn't have any problems.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development