PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 05:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

[QUOTE=Deimoss;1387553]I've been meaning to get to you on this one, but the Opera in this kitchen (9.5.xxxx) does not allow to reply to comments :\

to be able to reply and post goto userCP ,edit options and towards the bottom is messaging interface, change it to standard
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

NM.... something as simple as MMS shouldn't be rocket science... I'm over it..

Nate
Old 12-05-2009, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: vzw

validoption is keeping up the good workvalidoption is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsiva View Post
I feel like a tard right now, but I can't seem to find a clear answer on how to get SMS/MMS working on my VZW TP2. I've got the JooJooBee Arcsoft installed and have checked all my settings, but it's not even attempting to send an outbound message from the built-in messaging app.. (not through Sense) Any help on this would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
Nate
*Do this from a fresh flash and hard reset, and do NOT install a new ArcSoft (use the one in the kitchen), and do NOT use the Disable HTC Messaging cab.*

Make sure the following is in order (if you have used VZW's OTA programming after you flashed and hard reset, then it should fill in the settings below automatically, but check to make sure).

* winmo messaging client has the proper settings for MMS
-go to email tab in manila
-tap inbox
-sideswipe to Text Messages
-tap menu, MMS options, CDMA servers, and make sure it has:
Server name: Verizon
Gateway: (empty)
Port number: 80
Server address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
Connect via: Verizon Wireless
Send limit: 500K

* the proper settings entered in to HTC's MMS settings
-tap messaging tab in manila
-tap All Messages
-tap menu, settings, options
-tap menu, MMS server
-tap Verizon and make sure it has:

IP address: (empty)
Send limit: here you set it to 1024, but it won't actually change your send limit
WAP: 2.0
-Tap Done, then, with Verizon highlighted, tap Menu, Set as default.

* now, a registry edit: the string x-vzw-mdn = XXXXXXXXXX (area code + phone number [NO 1 before the area code]) is added (if it's not there already) to HKLM\software\arcsoft\arcsoft mms ua\config\mm1\WspHeader (not WspHeader2)

Now sending MMS through winmo's messaging client (quick route: tap email, tap inbox, slide left to right, tap new, tap MMS to create message) works.

I'm inferring from your post that you are already aware that you cannot send an MMS through HTC's messaging client.

I know these are a lot of steps for one feature, but it is a beta after all.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by validoption View Post
*Do this from a fresh flash and hard reset, and do NOT install a new ArcSoft (use the one in the kitchen), and do NOT use the Disable HTC Messaging cab.*

Make sure the following is in order (if you have used VZW's OTA programming after you flashed and hard reset, then it should fill in the settings below automatically, but check to make sure).

* winmo messaging client has the proper settings for MMS
-go to email tab in manila
-tap inbox
-sideswipe to Text Messages
-tap menu, MMS options, CDMA servers, and make sure it has:
Gateway: (empty)
Send limit: 500K

* the proper settings entered in to HTC's MMS settings
-tap messaging tab in manila
-tap All Messages
-tap menu, settings, options
-tap menu, MMS server
-tap Verizon and make sure it has:

IP address: (empty)
Send limit: here you set it to 1024, but it won't actually change your send limit
WAP: 2.0
-Tap Done, then, with Verizon highlighted, tap Menu, Set as default.

* now, a registry edit: the string x-vzw-mdn = XXXXXXXXXX (area code + phone number [NO 1 before the area code]) is added (if it's not there already) to HKLM\software\arcsoft\arcsoft mms ua\config\mm1\WspHeader (not WspHeader2)

Now sending MMS through winmo's messaging client (quick route: tap email, tap inbox, slide left to right, tap new, tap MMS to create message) works.

I'm inferring from your post that you are already aware that you cannot send an MMS through HTC's messaging client.

I know these are a lot of steps for one feature, but it is a beta after all.

Thanks for the input.. I was just having a long night.. for now, I went ahead and switched over to NRG and used most of the following:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1]
"HTTPDefaultTimeout"=dword:0003a980
"AppendURI"=dword:00000001
"EnableMSISDN"=dword:00000000
"WAP2DefaultPort"=dword:00000050
"LastAckTimeOut"=dword:00000fa0
"DebugPath"="\\My Documents\\UAContents\\MMS Log\\"
"EnableDebug"=dword:00000004
"WTPMaxRetryTimes"=dword:00000008
"WAPDefaultTimeout"=dword:00001388
"WAP1DefaultPort"=dword:000023f1
"DefaultSetting2"="SampleMMSC2"
"DefaultSetting"="SampleMMSC"
"IsSupportDrm"=dword:00000001
"RecvSizeLimitType"=dword:00000001
"SendDelayedNotifyResp"=dword:00000000
"ReportAllowed"=dword:00000001
"SuppressDelayedNotifyResp"=dword:00000000
"Enabledrmfl"=dword:00000000
"TotalSettings"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader2]
"X-VzW-MDN"="15555555555"
"x-wap-profile"="http://uaprof.vtext.com/pcd/xv6875/xv6875.xml"
"User-Agent"="pcdxv6875"
"Accept"="application/vnd.wap.multipart.related"
"Accept-Charset"="us-ascii,utf-8,iso-10646-ucs-2,iso-8859-1,gb2312,gb13000"
"Accept-Language"="en"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]
"User-Agent"="pcdxv6875"
"Accept"="application/vnd.wap.multipart.related"
"x-wap-profile"="http://uaprof.vtext.com/pcd/xv6875/xv6875.xml"
"Accept-Charset"="us-ascii,utf-8,iso-10646-ucs-2,iso-8859-1,gb2312,gb13000"
"Accept-Language"="en"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC2]
"WAP2SendDefaultSize"=dword:0012ac00
"WAP2RecvDefaultSize"=dword:0012ac00
"WAP1SendDefaultSize"=dword:0012ac00
"WAP1RecvDefaultSize"=dword:0012ac00
"MmscURI"="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms"
"NetworkFlag"=dword:00000002
"ISP"="SampleMMSC2"
"Name"="SampleMMSC2"
"ConnectionVia"="{436EF144-B4FB-4863-A041-8F905A62C572}"
"GatewayPort"=dword:00000050
"waptype"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArcSoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\MMSCSetting\SampleMMSC]
"MmscURI"="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms"
"NetworkFlag"=dword:00000001
"WAP1RecvDefaultSize"=dword:0012ac00
"WAP1SendDefaultSize"=dword:0012ac00
"WAP2RecvDefaultSize"=dword:0012ac00
"WAP2SendDefaultSize"=dword:0012ac00
"ISP"="SampleMMSC"
"GatewayPort"=dword:00000050
"ConnectionVia"="{436EF144-B4FB-4863-A041-8F905A62C572}"
"Name"="SampleMMSC"
"waptype"=dword:00000001

I haven't finished putting them all in yet, but I've got SMS and MMS with the WinMo app, and SMS with Sense, but MMS should work when I'm done putting the entries in.

Thanks,
Nate
Old 12-05-2009, 11:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jasonfilmfan is a n00b

I built a rom with manila 2.1. If I click the softbutton All Settings within the setting tab, it takes me to the connections tab, rather then the WM standard settings. Anyone know if there is a way to edit this? thanks
Old 12-05-2009, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PSC

Obama08atl is a n00b

Hey is the acrsoft install needed for mms
Old 12-05-2009, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Calkulin for some reason the state caller ID does not work with the sprint carrier ext package in the kitchen. If you use MRX_Sprint carrier cab it does work. I tried mulling through the registry entries and did find a different layout and changed them on your package but it still does not work. Perhaps if you have time you can take a poke at it. I been trying to get Sprint TV to work and it also seems to work fine with the MRX_Sprint carrier cab as well.

Cab below if you cant to check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MRX_Sprint.cab (581.0 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

[QUOTE=nate.spangler;1388222]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
I've been meaning to get to you on this one, but the Opera in this kitchen (9.5.xxxx) does not allow to reply to comments :\

to be able to reply and post goto userCP ,edit options and towards the bottom is messaging interface, change it to standard
replying from mobile, great looking out, i appreciate it as im sure a few others as well, thanks

Last edited by Deimoss; 12-05-2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: mobile testing edit function
Old 12-05-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hankbear is keeping up the good workhankbear is keeping up the good work

Anyone else having problems with e-mail? With any of the 2800X builds, I get pretty consistent lockups after going into a few messages. It says loading message at the bottom and the phone is completely frozen. This didn't happen with 23506, but that build doesn't have the working bluetooth.

I've had to go back to a 21882 6.5 build, unfortunately.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankbear View Post
Anyone else having problems with e-mail? With any of the 2800X builds, I get pretty consistent lockups after going into a few messages. It says loading message at the bottom and the phone is completely frozen. This didn't happen with 23506, but that build doesn't have the working bluetooth.

I've had to go back to a 21882 6.5 build, unfortunately.
I don't have any lock ups at all. are you installing showcase, if so that could be the problem. I build 6.5.x titanium roms only no manilla. If you're on sprint I could upload it to you when i get off tonight and you could try it out. it will run smooth.
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 12-05-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development