PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mizofizo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mizofizo
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
Texting works fine for me too, when I include sense/manila. It's when I try to build any 6.5.X with no manila that I can't read or send texts. I recieve them fine. I've built them every way I can imagine, but have the same issue. I'm using 21882/no manilla and it works fine. I can't figure out what the problem is.
I'm using a 6.5.x build as well. I'll try adding 28008 and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise 21882 it is!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
So that voice command is V1.6.28002 or did it come from a 28002 OS Build?
voice command is V1.6.28002 is correct and its included in the kitchen with the 28005 ROM and SYS

side note: I do have full screen kinetic scrolling enabled, is that why my start programs wont go into landscape correctly or can anyone confirm this issue aswell?

Attached a picture and tested Sprint MMS in the process. Works flawlessly and FAST it was literally there as fast as i could check my PC Email. Same goes for FaceBook uploading works and is instant.

Last edited by Deimoss; 12-03-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: attached pic
Old 12-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizofizo View Post
Yea, I don't get it either. Are you running the jmz provisioning during setup or just using the Sprint settings for the build?

Also, which HTC packages are you not including? I've tried all of the combinations of including/not including the two htc messaging components. Are you also including the Threaded Messaging package?
i don't even use the jmz provisioning tool, I don't even know where to add that to the kitchen. I select sprint in the carrier selection instead of all and i leave "htc message" true and "messaging client" is set to false. i'm on sprint if that matters and 28005 only.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
There are a few things is good for. Sometimes you can't use the GPS because your in a building but you'd still like to do a search in your area. I believe it also speeds up GPS Lock although I can't be 100% sure. It's not critical but just nice to have and convinces me that everything is setup optimal.

I just loaded Energy 28008 ROM and Tower Lock works in both 3.2.1 and 3.3. But the earlier post about 3.2.1 being better than 3.3 is 100%. But they both should get a tower position if things are setup right.

I can tell you it's not a Provisioning problem because I used Calkulin's/JMZ's Sprint provision on Energy ROM and all is working good (including tower lock).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
The advantage is it's a whole lot faster.

It takes several minutes to get a GPS lock and get your location. If you are using tower location, it usually already has your location by the time the app opens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
It's kind of OT, but briefly:

AFLT (advanced forward link trilateration) aka cell tower ID, uses virtually no battery life and is safe to leave on in the background.

Using Google's Latitude service, you can constantly see where you friends are, roughly speaking (usually within a half mile). So you leave this on all the time and friends/family can see you on the map and vice-versa if they have it enabled.

It also grabs your location indoors, unlike GPS.

stupid question but the updated google maps actually shows 3.3 when you click on help then about correct. I downloaded the cab from the ppcgeeks news page and when i install it, it still says 3.2.1. The only reason i'm asking is because now i want the tower lock and its not working with my 28005 titanium only rom.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

hankbear is keeping up the good workhankbear is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Thanks for trying, but no go. This is on a fresh ROM that I only installed GoogleMaps 3.2.1 on first. I'm building on 28005. I applied your patch and rebooted.

Does anyone with 28005 on Sprint (or possible other) have GoogleMaps 3.2.1 (or 3.3) locking with towers only (Use GPS OFF). If you had the GPS on you have to shut it off and start GoogleMaps with USE GPS off then click the "My Location" blue dot. It should still roughly find your location.
I had no problems with the cooked-in 3.2.1, but 3.3 doesn't work for me. I used the 3.2.1 with a couple of different locations (home and work), and it worked exactly as it should. I always get the within 43000 or 95000 meters thing with 3.3.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Distortion issue

I know a few of us have had this problem. I get it whenever I try a new .tsk/theme to install:

Seems like it is related to one or a few files:

Quote:
Now there are 3-4 files which replaced and not being compatible cause this issue:
  1. StartMenu_Global_***x***.cpr – This is the main reason to this issue. Try getting back the ones that came with that build.
  2. Gwes.exe – Sometimes this also causes the issue
  3. Shell32.exe – This too sometimes gives such error
via tech paradise
Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by santino405 View Post
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zqggy4...chen%20v1.1.7z

thats the link, you just need to hover over "Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen (v1.1)" and you would notice that it is click able
I am actually looking for the ROM..

P.S. : Ha ha .. figured I was in wrong thread found ROMs --> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99598
Old 12-03-2009, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
I am actually looking for the ROM..
then head over to Calks ROM thread. this is the kitchen thread lol
Old 12-03-2009, 09:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
QuickGPS has nothing to do with getting a tower position in GoogleMaps
I was referring to gps lock, not tower position for Quick GPS.
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy, MANGO
Carrier: Verizon

MetalHd is just getting started

Cooked 28005 and the new bing tells me my device is not supported.

Also FN : and Fn ; are still mapped wrong to \ / ....

Otherwise, another great product!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development