PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HOW TO: flash a Rom or Radio on your TP2 from the SD card

sounds like he flashed it from a pc to fix it. ive yet to have that issue and i've flashed many roms this way im curious what is going on. which rom did you flash?
Old 11-23-2009, 06:24 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I normally have no trouble flashing (I've done it a million times), but the new Nov 20 Energy Leo rom (28002) just won't flash. It keeps crashing (Vista 64 bit). So I tried the included nbh file, but I get the same error described above.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

try flashing a different rom than that one.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:50 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Sprint/1.0/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2
try flashing a different rom than that one.
you mean just to see if NOV 20 rom it works? I'm currently on the Energy rom leo Oct 25 rom.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

sure, or stock, or any other rom thats not the one that caused the issue. or are you up and running again on a different rom? if so maybe that download was just corrupted.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:56 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Sprint/1.0/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

yea, I'm already on a flashed rom since late Oct. Just wanted to try out the new rom. I thought the download might be corrupted, so I tried again, but no luck. I guess I'll try later, or maybe flash a different rom just to rule out user error.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:41 AM
Lurker

Alc7258 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2
First and foremost you must be unlocked to flash any roms on your phone you can get the unlocker at this link http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php Unfortunatly Due to the new process unlocking is not available via the SD card so you will have to find a PC if you don't have access to one.

If you are going to flash any of Cmonex's special patched radios you will have to be sim unlocked you can do this http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/ Again This has to be done with a computer.

now once you get that piece out of the way we can get to the fun part, flashing a new rom without the aid of a pc. Similar to the mogul days and touch pro days, I have found flashing new roms much more convenient from the SD card than from the PC that way I could let my phone download the rom and then flash to a new version while I am out and about. Another added benefit is to be able to keep multiple roms on your SD card so you can test one, but still keep your standby at hand and not be locked to your computer.

A pre-note to this process. Your SD card must be formatted fat-32 (not just fat) for this process to work. formatting your SD card will wipe out all information on it so remember to backup first!

This is actually a really simple process.

Step 1: find the rom/radio you wish to flash and download it
Step 2: extract the .nbh file out of said rom package (will usually be named RUU_SIGNED.nbh if the rom is packed in an exe use pocket rar to extract from your phone or 7zip/winrar from your pc)
Step 3: rename the .nbh file to RHODIMG.nbh
step 4: place rom on the root of your SD card (meaning not in any folders)
step 5: power down the device completely
step 6: hold volume down and power (sleep/wake button on the Verizon variant) till the screen boots into bootloader mode (red green blue screen)
step 7: when prompted press power to flash
step 8: wait for it to finnish, sometimes it will restart on its own, sometime you need to restart it yourself but make sure you wait for the flash successful screen.

That's all there is to it I will add to this as time goes on. Happy flashing!
So I do the unlock and then put it in the root of my sdhc... But will it do it automatically or do I click it and do a hard reset
Old 11-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff

When you flash, do you lose all programs and data installed to your device?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alc7258 View Post
So I do the unlock and then put it in the root of my sdhc... But will it do it automatically or do I click it and do a hard reset
you enter bootloader and press power to flash when it prompts you

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_RAIN View Post
When you flash, do you lose all programs and data installed to your device?
yes, all files and installs are gone, your SD card still retains all files, but the device is wiped clean.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff

Thanks, if people are able to flash to multiple roms back and forth, how are they avoiding the setup time?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
flash, radio, rom, sd