PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 02:48 PM
unrealreality

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio on your TP2 from the SD card

I don't post much (actually i think this is my first post), but I read alot on here, and I wanted to post that THIS SAVED MY BUTT!

I just took the plunge into unlocking my TP2, and i flashed the mightrom war on it. everything is good. I set my password lock for the screenlock. still good. then i noticed that you can set provisioning for your carrier. Well, I selected Sprint, restarted and BAM the lock password doesn't work anymore (invalid). I read that the only way to fix it is to hard reset. Thing is, i couldn't hard reset. I tried every combination, but it would always just show the screenlock page, not the white screen.

I couldn't even flash it via USB because it required to be unlocked.

Needless to say I read here how to get to the tricolor screen. Finally! So I tried the steps as seen in this page and thank goodness it reflashed it and now i'm back in business!

I just wanted to write this post so that if anyone else had such issues, that this is the solution!

Thanks again to everybody on these boards and on XDA. These are the reasons why I own a windows phone and not an iPhone.. for the customization!!
Old 02-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I was just thinking all of you that got stuck in loading... in your pc to usb setting did you have disk drive mode active? if so make sure it is set to active sync mode.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

djkid45 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to djkid45

help!!! flashed from sd card and now phone power cycles on and off by itself without competing update !!! phone wont come on when power is pressed but will cycle on by itself, go into bootloader tri color mode, go into the gray screen, says update in progress, then shuts down...
Old 02-11-2010, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkid45 View Post
help!!! flashed from sd card and now phone power cycles on and off by itself without competing update !!! phone wont come on when power is pressed but will cycle on by itself, go into bootloader tri color mode, go into the gray screen, says update in progress, then shuts down...
sounds like you flashed a gsm rom. i would flash back to stock rom by putting the stock rom nbh on your mem card and flash it. Or you can remove mem card then, with phone in bootloader mode, connect to computer and run the stock rom exe
Old 02-15-2010, 11:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.1
Carrier: Telus

medicop is a n00b

Hey cornelious2..

I tried this method on my Touch Pro2 and it didn't work. I ensured the ssd card was correcttly formatted to fat32. sd card was also clean with nothing else on it. I have the Telus version. any ideas or suggestions to try?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

can you explain what you did and what you saw as it didn't work?

the things I would double check are the naming of the file, the placement of the file (many people hear root of the sd card and make a folder named root by mistake), or make sure your usb to pc setting is set to active sync if you were in disk transfer mode that could screw things up as well.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

steeve86 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicop View Post
Hey cornelious2..

I tried this method on my Touch Pro2 and it didn't work. I ensured the ssd card was correcttly formatted to fat32. sd card was also clean with nothing else on it. I have the Telus version. any ideas or suggestions to try?
It may be a bit late now but to just say... I tried flashing the recent mightyrom nbh file by naming it RHOD400.nbh (took it out using winrar) and couldn't get it to register on a blank 256mb card with nothing but the image file or a 2gb card with other files on it. Something pops up trying to read it and invalid but is gone in less than half a sec. Is it supposed to go to the gray screen and tell you to push the power button to flash it?

Well, here may be an example rom that just wont flash by just putting the sd in unless someone else has recent luck. BTW mine was made in SEP 2009 by manufacturer.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeve86 View Post
It may be a bit late now but to just say... I tried flashing the recent mightyrom nbh file by naming it RHOD400.nbh (took it out using winrar) and couldn't get it to register on a blank 256mb card with nothing but the image file or a 2gb card with other files on it. Something pops up trying to read it and invalid but is gone in less than half a sec. Is it supposed to go to the gray screen and tell you to push the power button to flash it?

Well, here may be an example rom that just wont flash by just putting the sd in unless someone else has recent luck. BTW mine was made in SEP 2009 by manufacturer.
name it RHODIMG.nbh not ROHD400.nbh and try again
Old 02-17-2010, 04:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

futrorthodr is a n00b

Quick question. Does the SD card have to be blank or can you have a bunch of other items in the root menu ie cabs, programs, photos etc.?

Also if you have multiple roms on the same card named differently. like the example was given above do you have to rename the rom RHODIMG each time you flash it then rename it to back to the name of the rom post flash?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:17 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

you can have whatever else you want on the card, mine is quite full in fact.

as for multiple roms yes, as long as you store the roms either in seperate folders or rename them to be unique names there is nothing stopping you from having more than one. I actually keep stock, the latest rom I am using, and whatever rom I want to test at a bear minimum.

What I do is name them to keep them straight in my mind. so STOCK.nbh, MIGHTY.nbh, JUICY.nbh, etc. then when you want to actually flash one of them just name that specific one to RHODIMG.nbh and when your done name it back.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
flash, radio, rom, sd