PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

KazukunShellBT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [SIM-UNLOCKER] - -RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I just saw this, you need to flash custom unlocked radio AFTER you SIM unlock to get your device to work on T-mobile. I have it here if you need it.
Im actually new here all cause of this touch pro 2 I just got lol. It's the Verizon version. Im not new to this stuff, only the touch pro 2. I already 1: unlocked the phone, 2: installed a custom ROM( mightyrom 062010) ... all thats left is to sim unlock and flash a custom radio, right?. Sim unlock I can do, finding the radio files is a hassle though. Been searching for a week now till I stumbled on this and you happened to mention having them. Im trying to use the phone for t-mobile. Any chance you can help me find them?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: [SIM-UNLOCKER] - -RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlo

Sure, let me find it here. Glad we will be able to help!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:28 AM
Lurker

KazukunShellBT is a n00b

Thank You! That would help out alot. There were some links I found on xda's site from someone named "cmonex" but the files were deleted...long ago it seems.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Sorry, I got distracted there. Try this radio out and let us know.

World Unlocked RhodiumW Radio

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 05-18-2012 at 03:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Lurker

KazukunShellBT is a n00b

Lol, its cool, we all get side tracked. Thanks, and will do, I'll post back and let you know.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Lurker

KazukunShellBT is a n00b

Thanks Tinkerbell, sorry i took so long, i had to wait for the email for the Sim Unlock program. Finally got to try it last night.
Heres the thing:
When I got the unlocker there were 3 steps. 1: Hard-spl, 2: Unlock Radio, and 3: Unlock Sim. I hard already done Hard-spl so I skipped that and went to step 2, and then 3. Now, seems like everything is good, I can get calls and text. But I dont much about the data. Regular wifi works, usb tethering automatically works also, yet I cant figure out how to use the web using the data plan I have. Another thing is, since the software already included a radio unlocker/patch, I didnt get the chance to use the Patch you had given me. The radio went from 2.32.00WV to 2.05.00WV after using the one they provided. The question is, do I still need to run the one you had given in order to change it to WU??? Is that in anyway related to the data problem or is it something else??
Old 05-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazukunShellBT View Post
Thanks Tinkerbell, sorry i took so long, i had to wait for the email for the Sim Unlock program. Finally got to try it last night.
No Problem... I figured you were working things out.
Quote:
Heres the thing:
When I got the unlocker there were 3 steps. 1: Hard-spl, 2: Unlock Radio, and 3: Unlock Sim. I hard already done Hard-spl so I skipped that and went to step 2, and then 3. Now, seems like everything is good, I can get calls and text. But I dont much about the data. Regular wifi works, usb tethering automatically works also, yet I cant figure out how to use the web using the data plan I have. Another thing is, since the software already included a radio unlocker/patch, I didnt get the chance to use the Patch you had given me. The radio went from 2.32.00WV to 2.05.00WV after using the one they provided. The question is, do I still need to run the one you had given in order to change it to WU??? Is that in anyway related to the data problem or is it something else??
Alright, the first thing I would try is these data settings. If you are getting talk and text, you are well on your way.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Lurker

KazukunShellBT is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
No Problem... I figured you were working things out.
Alright, the first thing I would try is these data settings. If you are getting talk and text, you are well on your way.
THANK YOU! The settings work, the data works fine. Thanks again . One more thing...How do I change my avatar? A noob-ish question, I know, but cant find anyway in "Edit Avatar" to do it. And "dont use avatar" is selected. I cant unselect it :/
Old 06-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bhare1985 is a n00b

Will this make it a world phone? As in I only want to use this unlocker to test if my international SIM is working (testing it in USA) so I can be sure when I leave for amsterdam and estonia that I don't have to worry.

So will this enable US GSM radio and disable international GSM radio, or does it enable both?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development