PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 01:03 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by railslave View Post
i dont think you need to take them steps according to olipro.
cool I thought he may have to go that way..I know on the Mogul that was the only way..but Oli is the pro...so i know he is right...thx for the heads up!
Old 11-01-2009, 01:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
cool I thought he may have to go that way..I know on the Mogul that was the only way..but Oli is the pro...so i know he is right...thx for the heads up!

no prob bro....hopefully we can go back to helping eachother out here....lol

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
This is awesome work guys! Couple questions though for newb to this. I'm sure this has been answered but I am just not quite putting it together.

I pay to security unlock my phone and then I flash the new radio (Sprint).

- What happens if I reflash the phone every week? I'm helping beta test a new ROM and one of the things we do is reflash the stock ROM before we flash new versions. Do all I do is reflash stock, flash new, then flash the unlocked radio again?

- For the utility that they send to me for my phone, can I rerun that utility on that SAME phone unlimited times if needed? Or does the unlock happen on the SIM itself so it's only done one time?

- If I have to RMA the phone for any reason, can this security be relocked, like the relocker will do for the SPL when it is released? Or will that do both?

Thanks!!!

1: Even if you flash a new ROM every day you're OK. Flashing a radio is when you loose the SIM Unlocker, unless you flash with a patched radio that is unlocked for the SIM.

2: The utility is done on the phone, if you flash with a radio that hasn't been patch you will lock the radio.

3: If you reflash to the stock radio, relock the HSPL, and reflash to a stock ROM you can send your phone in for replacement.

Hope I covered it all

Old 11-01-2009, 02:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

oh there seems to be a lot of confusion! let me clear up a few things.

first, the definitions:

SIM Unlock: allows you to use any SIM in your phone, i.e. the phone recognizes and accepts the SIM without prompting you for an unlock code. it is permanent without special tinkering. no worries with warranty, no need to reverse it.

Security Unlock: this one is what you need for flashing whitestone radios or the patched sprint radio! this unlocks the entire radio and you can do with it whatever you wish.
it is permanent, to reverse it for warranty issues, you have to send a special command to the radio, here is a file to do this for you: http://hpcmonex.net/htc/secrelock.zip (run it on the phone)

CID Unlock/True SuperCID in Radio: it clears the CID in the radio (note, HardSPL also CID unlocks you in a way, but it's only fake CID clearing) this used to be interesting in the past, on GSM devices not so interesting now. on previous CDMA devices it was very useful to be SuperCID but let's not talk about that. I don't know if it is still good for this model, didn't look into it yet...
also permanent unless you set the CID to something else, again using special commands.

CID Unlock VS HardSPL: if you just need to flash cooked ROMs, HardSPL will suffice. but note, this package bundles HardSPL too for comfortability.

Sprint Patched Radio: this allows the phone to register on US networks. not permanent, if you reflash radio to an unpatched one, this gets lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
please correct me if i'm wrong, but...
from what i understand, we will be able to flash CDMA TP2 radios with HSPL, but need to be SIM Unlocked to flash radios from another device...
well, you can flash RhodiumW radios without the SIM/Sec/CID unlocker.
to flash radios from another device, need to be Sec unlocked, but of course it's all in one bundle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfordtw View Post
it kinda feels like we are getting the shaft considering we have to pay 20 bucks just to supercid our devices. anyway to sell the cid unlock a little cheaper?
it's less than 20 really, see the spot rate on USD/GBP
if you just need to flash roms, then that's already a different package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico67 View Post
so I tried to flash the sprint radio patch before the security unlock, yes I know I don't know what I was thinking, I wasn't paying attention. Anyways now I am stuck on bootloader screen and hard reset wont fix it, what do I do???
in mtty, "set 16 0", or flash a small and neat splash screen using CustomRUU so you can avoid hard resetting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
This is awesome work guys! Couple questions though for newb to this. I'm sure this has been answered but I am just not quite putting it together.

I pay to security unlock my phone and then I flash the new radio (Sprint).

- What happens if I reflash the phone every week? I'm helping beta test a new ROM and one of the things we do is reflash the stock ROM before we flash new versions. Do all I do is reflash stock, flash new, then flash the unlocked radio again?

- For the utility that they send to me for my phone, can I rerun that utility on that SAME phone unlimited times if needed? Or does the unlock happen on the SIM itself so it's only done one time?

- If I have to RMA the phone for any reason, can this security be relocked, like the relocker will do for the SPL when it is released? Or will that do both?

Thanks!!!
1. if you just reflash the ROM (OS), the radio stays untouched. all the cooked ROMs the cooks put out are OS-only. radios are usually released in a separate package, and we will be patching some other radios too as we go.

2. on the same phone as many times as you wish but no need, it's one-use really. the phone won't forget the SIM or Sec unlock that easily

3. yes, secrelocker link is in this post a bit above

Quote:
Originally Posted by railslave View Post
i dont think there is a relocker for security. but you can flash to any rom you want. just cant flash another radio without losing your sim unlock.
you can flash another radio, you'll just lose the US network registering ability. SIM unlock is not the same thing technically.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex

Last edited by cmonex; 11-01-2009 at 02:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tilt 2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

golfman32 is a n00b
Talking Re: RhodiumW/Sprint/Verizon/Telus Touch Pro 2 CID/Security/SIM Unlocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post

first, the definitions:

SIM Unlock: allows you to use any SIM in your phone, i.e. the phone recognizes and accepts the SIM without prompting you for an unlock code. it is permanent without special tinkering. no worries with warranty, no need to reverse it.

Security Unlock: this one is what you need for flashing whitestone radios or the patched sprint radio! this unlocks the entire radio and you can do with it whatever you wish.
it is permanent, to reverse it for warranty issues, you have to send a special command to the radio, here is a file to do this for you: http://hpcmonex.net/htc/secrelock.zip (run it on the phone)

CID Unlock/True SuperCID in Radio: it clears the CID in the radio (note, HardSPL also CID unlocks you in a way, but it's only fake CID clearing) this used to be interesting in the past, on GSM devices not so interesting now. on previous CDMA devices it was very useful to be SuperCID but let's not talk about that. I don't know if it is still good for this model, didn't look into it yet...
also permanent unless you set the CID to something else, again using special commands.

CID Unlock VS HardSPL: if you just need to flash cooked ROMs, HardSPL will suffice. but note, this package bundles HardSPL too for comfortability.

Sprint Patched Radio: this allows the phone to register on US networks. not permanent, if you reflash radio to an unpatched one, this gets lost.

to flash radios from another device, need to be Sec unlocked, but of course it's all in one bundle

in mtty, "set 16 0", or flash a small and neat splash screen using CustomRUU so you can avoid hard resetting.

1. if you just reflash the ROM (OS), the radio stays untouched. all the cooked ROMs the cooks put out are OS-only. radios are usually released in a separate package, and we will be patching some other radios too as we go.

2. on the same phone as many times as you wish but no need, it's one-use really. the phone won't forget the SIM or Sec unlock that easily

you can flash another radio, you'll just lose the US network registering ability. SIM unlock is not the same thing technically.
Sorry to ask maybe a stupid question, I did read all the posts.

In all this unlocking, I have not read anywhere the ability to unlock the UMTS North American bands 850/1900.

By chance is this part of the benefits of this unlocking process?
Old 11-01-2009, 05:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfman32 View Post

In all this unlocking, I have not read anywhere the ability to unlock the UMTS North American bands 850/1900.

nope for now! we don't even know if that one is a HW limitation.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: verizon tp2
Carrier: verizon

jaydowser is just getting started

2 questions, but first some background:

i called verizon and requested to have my sim unlocked on my device. the first rep transferred me to someone in a higher tier of tech support - and he gave me a 6 or 7 digit (or something like that) code. he directed me to the "sim security" setting. i typed in the code, and i now have a message that reads "your hone is SIM unlocked".

the rep told me verizon was now NOT responsible for any charges or quality issues that result from me using another sim card.

so -

1 - what exactly did i accomplish here?

2 - do i still need to go through this "sim unlocker" process that cmonex is offering?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Lukas718 is keeping up the good workLukas718 is keeping up the good work

PM sent
Old 11-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfman32 View Post

I'm not familiar with the different bands. What are these for, or how do they differ from what the SIM unlock does?

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post

first, the definitions:

Thanks for the explanation!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development