PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 06:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone
Threadstarter

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Unlocker - RhodiumW WU Radio Unlocked for US Networks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicast View Post
Cmonex, thanks so much. more donation on it ways. Any idea what went wrong? alright, i dint finish the unlucker.
good question... was it Step 2 or Step 3? if you still can't sort it, send us a msg using the support page at our site.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold
Carrier: Sprint

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

it would be my luck that you would be awake right now.... i just got pwnd by a celebrity. i was just tryin to say that i recall seeing it, but just like everything else they've told us.... you guys seem to find a workaround.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 11-01-2009, 07:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What is an IMEI number???
Old 11-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
good question... was it Step 2 or Step 3? if you still can't sort it, send us a msg using the support page at our site.
on that note... i'm not sure if it's been addressed yet but i found the instructions on how to sim unlock pretty good all the way up to the end. that gui that pops up on the phone screen... there's not much description as to what each option does so the first time i did it i didn't select anything (the instructions say something like if you don't know what it means then don't mess with it). then when i went to flash the unlocked radio the phone soft reset and i got stuck in bootloader. all is well and i figured it out, i was just a lil confused on that screen.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
What is an IMEI number???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...pment_Identity
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

I have a Sprint TP2. If I sim unlock and flash this radio I will now be able to put in a ATT/Tmobile sim card into my Sprint phone and use it here in the US correct?

Will the phone operate on both Sprint/ATT at the same time? if someone calls my sprint number the phone will ring, if someone calls the ATT number the phone will ring?

Or do I have to tell the phone to operate on Sprint network and manually switch it to the GSM network when I want to use that network/receive calls?

I ask because I may be getting a cell phone at work and I believe they use ATT. I really don't want to carry around 2 cell phones.

I hope this made some kind of sense.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

ambush276 is a n00b

this is more of a question for SPrint Users..

ok i got my device Unlocked and downloaded the sprint WU radio... (one in this thread)

now sprint data does not work? calls still work but the data is a nogo? is there going to be a 2.0 release of this or did i set something up wrong?
Old 11-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclical View Post
I have a Sprint TP2. If I sim unlock and flash this radio I will now be able to put in a ATT/Tmobile sim card into my Sprint phone and use it here in the US correct?

Will the phone operate on both Sprint/ATT at the same time? if someone calls my sprint number the phone will ring, if someone calls the ATT number the phone will ring?

Or do I have to tell the phone to operate on Sprint network and manually switch it to the GSM network when I want to use that network/receive calls?

I ask because I may be getting a cell phone at work and I believe they use ATT. I really don't want to carry around 2 cell phones.

I hope this made some kind of sense.
This is the way it works yes. You would set the device to automatic and when someone calls your sprint number the phone will ring, if someone calls your att number then your phone will also ring. The phone has two seperate radios so that is how it works. The sim card is what is atually activated so that is how gsm works and on cdma the esn (electronic serial number) is what is activated.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico67 View Post
This is the way it works yes. You would set the device to automatic and when someone calls your sprint number the phone will ring, if someone calls your att number then your phone will also ring. The phone has two seperate radios so that is how it works. The sim card is what is atually activated so that is how gsm works and on cdma the esn (electronic serial number) is what is activated.
I don't think this is correct. You can have only one radio active at a time.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Othelious is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukemp3 View Post
It works great with my att sim, but i dont know how do configure the data to work
I went through the learning curve for this when I was in hongkong with my phone... You just have to go into the data settings for the gsm network, kind of similar to setting up the connection to dial the #777 for cdma, but much easier on GSM..

You just need one very important piece of information to get data to work, you need to know what AT&T uses for their access point name ( APN ) and put it into your data settings under GSM networks, it will have a single line that you put it into. A quick search on the internet shows that it should be public, or proxy depending on your connection plan, if its PDA for data it should be public.. if its just data, it could be either public or proxy. Here is a link to their page that tells you what the name is.

https://www.wireless.att.com/support.../KB/KB517.html

and to get into the settings to put this information in you need to go to the settings tab and click on the comm manager and click on the text area of your data connetion if you have the newer UI's and it will give you a setup wizard. just select at&t, if you don't have that, you need to go into all settings from the soft key on this screen, go into connections, select connections again, if you just have sprint here you need to add a new modem connection, select new, give it a name of AT&T, select the drop down and make sure you pick the GSM version of the connection, click next, then put the proper name into the APN slot, public or proxy, then finish.. you should now be able to use data on your AT&T sim as long as you have a dataplan setup.

hope this helps..
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development