PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2015, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Fuzzilla is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro CDMA Hard-SPL brought to you by CDMA Raphael Elite Team

Glad to. Please bear with me a couple of days while I clear up so messy life stuff & get my last mercury dental filling removed. The bedrest will give me time to type it all up. Apologies for the delays!

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
Old 01-20-2015, 06:41 PM
Lurker

Fuzzilla is a n00b
Re: [HSPL-UNLOCKER] - - Rhodium W HardSPL

Thanks for your patience!!
I think I have this correctly sorted, it's coming from memory and a bit of re-research. This was done on a Windows 8.1 64-Bit laptop, to unlock a STOCK Sprint Touch Pro 2 T7380 NIB replacement from Sprint running Sprint\HTC's stock Windows Mobile 6.5 OS Version 5.2.21899 (21899.5.0.87), Manila version 2.5.20121324.1, ROM version 2.04.651.4, ROM Date 03/06/10, Radio version 2.32.00WF, Hardware version 0004, PRL version 51103, PRI version 2.20-003, ERI version 0. This is was found under "About Phone \ Software Information" in the Manila Settings tab. Kindly give Thanks to all posts and threads you read as these folks are the real heros here! I'm just a newbie in love with an old but cool phone. A thanks to me is always appreciated as I have no rep here. So on then, this should be exactly what I did, your mileage may vary. Please understand I prefer to support the small fry (indie developer) as they always deserve the cash for the effort and kindness, and kindness. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way as they showed no interest, after all HSPL is old.

As always, completely back up the smartdevice. At the least backup any valuable data. Move the backup to an off-device or off-card location. FWIW I use Sprite Backup without fail albeit with custom settings for all backup & restores. Again your mileage may vary, many and most seem to disdain the app. Any rock-solid backup-recovery app should do. I also soft reset a WM device and make a physical copy of the PIM file in the root directory. IMHO it is the easiest way to restore basic contact\calendar\personal data.

You will need to read and be familiar with how HardSPL installs and works via info found here at PPC Geeks and perhaps the HSPL site itself. Totally Thank the original authors IMHO.

The SIM Card was left in the device, it just worked out that way. The phone battery was fully charged. Prior to the process I'm almost certain (see 99.999999% as it is my nature) that I backed-up, soft-reset, then rested the phone for two minutes. Then I used the Power\Phone\End keys method of a Hard Reset and did the screen calibration & Global Mode acceptance, followed by a five minute phone rest keeping the screen on to allow the phone to finish background reset tasks. This was followed by a Power Off with 60 second rest then Power On with 60 second screen-on rest. This was followed by a Hard Reset using the HTC Settings Reset option, followed by the earlier mentioned Cali\Global\5 minute rest. It seems that there may be slight differences in what the TP2 does between the two methods of Hard Reset but have now way to confirm this, it's a vibe thing. I get vibes and they always seem to turn out right. Damfino why, I've just learned to respect this.

I searched for and downloaded for the final release of Windows Mobile Device Center for 64-Bit machines. The version is 6.1.6965 . After fails under Win8.x & Win7 modes the app successfully installed in using Windows Vista 64-Bit compatibility mode. After the install I set the shortcuts to run the app under WinVI-64 Comp. Mode and verified the actual .EXE for the app reflected this as well when right-clicked.

Do a search for "HSPL Workaround - Post #3697" found at XDA Developers Forums. Since I could never get a reply from the original authors of HSPL as to support or payment I decided to try this instead, it's not something I'm proud of. Following the directions there with what I've typed here I successfully unlocked my Touch Pro 2 Sprint Rhodium. After that it was just a matter of tweaking preferred settings for WM Device Center.

This should be it. Questions\comments can be posted here. Moderators can move this to a new thread if they prefer as I didn't think I'd be able to contribute this much info and thanks for asking. It's nice to finally contribute.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:07 PM
Lurker

Fuzzilla is a n00b

Update:
While updational (WTH, more RedBull please) adding optional updates to Win8.1 Pro on the above mentioned laptop I was presented with "December 2014 MDM client update in Windows". I passed on this after reading the description (mskb3013816)as it sounds like it may interfere with my wanting to use WMDC and a phone running WinMo 6.5. Anyone with feedback on this I'd like to hear from.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

td4guy is just getting started

Thanks for the info!

Actual link to the above-mentioned HSPL workaround for future reference: HSPL workaround - Post #3697 - XDA Forums

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development