PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 01:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
★SharkieROM & Kitchen★Final Update★Version 5.1★Generic\Sprint★29020\21916★Sense2021

Presents...

Version 5.1 Change Log
Code:
-Update WM build to 29020.
-Updated moTweets to v2.0.
-Updated Total Commander to v2.52 B3.
-Updated Meltwater's Facebook Tab to newest version.
-Updated UC Web to v7.7.
-Removed daFunk's taskbar icons.
-Removed Netflix Mobile Manager.
-Removed SharkieROM additional sounds cab.  See THIS post if you'd like them back.
-Removed all except default +2 wallpapers.
-Removed Kimi-style WM messaging bubbles.
-Added Dark Ninja's Android Taskbar Icons.
-Added "Screen Off" to Action Links cab.
-Added ClearTemp.
-Added Meltwater's RSS Feed Tab v3.0 B2.
-Added new set of Settings Tab icons.
-Small artwork changes and modifications throughout.
-Twitter Tab is disabled by default.  Please read THIS post for more info.

SHARKIEROMS ARE FOR CDMA HTC TOUCH PRO 2s ONLY!!!
ANY ATTEMPT TO FLASH ONE OF THESE ROMS ON A GSM HTC TOUCH PRO 2 WILL RESULT IN THE BRICKAGE OF YOUR PHONE!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

All SharkieROMs are Titanium free. I don't use Titanium. I don't like Titanium and I have absolutely no interest in cooking Titanium.

I like a ROM that's simple yet beautiful. That's something I've always kept in my head as I've built ROMs. Hopefully this is reflected in my ROMs. My goal is to provide an aesthetically pleasing yet simple, stable and fast base for the user to build upon. I feel I've accomplished this.

My ROMs are not ultra-slimmed down nor are they bulging with programs. I feel I've found a nice medium ground with regards to how much I've included in the ROMs.

Many Thanks To:

Straitup27, kjhadfield, mcluvntheboss, steveo70 and kozmo for being most excellent beta ROM testers!

My fellow RZ boys
Lat and Jbradthomas for always being there to answer my dumb questions and provide insight. Just when I thought I was all alone in my RZ kitchen efforts, these guys kept it going. Without these two, this ROM would not be possible.

PPCGeeks Collaboration Kitchen Peeps (The kitchen I used to build these ROMs)
Calkulin, smiznith, William_Fold, Vinn255764, rstoyguy, ai6908, welrope, MWalt2, nrfitchett4, Sc00b4s7eve, TMartin, Formula84, steve070, Timberwolf671, lionedas, hthomas, |||bored|||, shane6374, Zaphod-Beeblebrox, captblaze, piranah, dwizzy130, willysp, leadpoizon and many others in thread. They are responsible for supplying most of the packages in my ROMs as well as throwing tons and tons of knowledge my way. Without them, this ROM would not be possible.

Also much love to RaidZero, Rootlinux, Zombiexxx, darren.wlsn1, Santod, Indagroove, Kliptik, Captain_Throwback, bobbyblack, kjhadfield, kdjameson, sh4d0w86, Maxx134 and many others for the general sharing of their knowledge and work and for enlightening me with new ideas.

SharkieROM Thread Peeps
I also just wanted to say Thank You to all those in my thread who have helped me and pushed me to further my ROM cooking skills. I feel like this ROM has become a ROM for the people! It's been molded by your suggestions, comments, concerns and insights into the masterpiece that I feel it is now. You all ROCK!

In general, I'd also like to thank
PPCGeeks.com, XDA-Developers.com and MobileUnderground.info for all the fantastic help I've received.

Included Apps, Tweaks, Mods and links to their threads.

Meltwater's Facebook Tab v1.6 - meltwater
KD Font v1.2.3 - Kliptik
Dusk Graphics - grzegorz10
Pewter Graphics - grzegorz10
iReflect Style Icons - bluemetalaxe, myself and many other wonderful artists in that thread.
uTask v1.4 - ultrashot
CleanRAM v2.5 - ronenpg
Programs Tab - kimi_sae_ireba
People Messaging Mod for Sense 2.5 - kimi_sae_ireba
XDA UC - Noonski
Anastasia Flip Clock and "Sharkie-Blue"-EzInput Keyboard Skin - DINIK
Partial s2w SimplicityWorks-"Sharkie-Blue"-ReMix - s2w
RSS Tab v3.0 B2 - Meltwater
ClearTemp - Vicott Wong

Downloads

It is highly recommended that you "TASK29" before flashing any custom ROM.

Official 6.5.X v5.1 SharkieROMs are built with WindowsMobile Build 29020.
Official 6.5 v5.1 SharkieROMs are built with WindowsMobile Build 21916.

The only difference between the Sprint and Generic ROMs is that the Sprint ROMs have the Sprint Navigation and Sprint TV tabs. You will need to run a carrier provisioning cab no matter which ROM you download.

You can find carrier provisioning cabs for several carriers in Start Menu\System Tools\Carrier Provisioning or you can install your own carrier cab.

Don't forget to check post #2 for some cool add-ons and more SharkieROM options!

6.5.X Sprint SharkieROM v5.1

6.5.X Generic SharkieROM v5.1

SharkieROM v5.1 KITCHEN
Includes "Sharkiefied" WM build 29022 packages.

Some helpful kitchen how to's:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2139637-post3838.html
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2140811-post3849.html

Graphic Bugs

The 6.5.X ROMs have the phone canvas scrollbar and incoming call screen being slightly misaligned issues. I know that there are fixes and I've tried several of them and none of them worked for me. I could use another phone canvas, but this one is by far my favorite. I've put a lot of work into skinning it, which while it's fun, is a pain in the ass. So it is what it is, perhaps I'll revisit this again, perhaps not. We'll see...

Known Issues

XDA UC
The XDA UC link in Start Menu\System Tools will only work until you soft reset your phone for the first time after your initial flash.Again, XDA UC will only work until you soft reset your phone for the first time after your initial flash.
Once you soft reset, both the link and the XDA UC.mscr file in \Windows are dead. I'm not sure why this happens, but it is what it is. I can't figure this one out. So one more time...

XDA UC will only work until you soft reset your phone for the first time after your initial flash.

Co0kie's Home Tab

CHT contains the back/rewind button from the Music tabs controls. I'm not sure why, but I assume it was necessary. As you can see I've skinned my music control. I also had to skin the back/rewind button that is in CHT for the music player widget to look correct. Because of this, if you install another CHT cab (not the one provided in this ROM), your music player back/rewind button will not match the other two buttons. It will be stock button.
Your choices are to use my stock music player controls cab to return the music player controls to stock at which point they will match any non skinned CHT cab, use Sharkie's CHT Music Player -Back- Button cab to make any CHT match my Music Player controls or just stick to using the CHT cab provided in the ROM.

I've also posted a "Stock Music Player Controls" cab in the 2nd post for anyone who doesn't like my skin. Remember, you'll need to use both the CHT stock Back button.cab (if you're using my copy of CHT) and the Stock Music Player Controls.cab if you want to totally revert to the stock music player controls.

My copy of CHT also contains partial "s2w's SimplicityWorks-SharkieBlue" skins along with some other skinning that I've done.
If you don't like it, you can install other skins on top of it or uninstall my copy of CHT and install your own. Remember though, you'll need to install my Sharkie's CHT -Back- button.cab, to get the music player to fully match mine if you use another CHT cab.

Removing RSS Feed

To those of you that don't use CHT and/or those of you that use CHT v1.8.5,
If you don't use CHT and you don't like the RSS Feed on the home page or you use CHT v1.8.5 (which doesn't work with the RSS Feed on the home page), you can disable it. Go to \My Device\Cabs\Remove RSS Feed.
Inside that directory you'll find a cab entitled "
MobileUnderground.Info - RSS Feed Disable". As the title suggests, many thanks to Indagroove over at MUI for providing this cab to us. The cab is easily uninstallable. So, should you decide that you would like the RSS Feed back, just uninstall it!

What's Removable??

So people are like, "Hey Sharkie, you should make a lite ROM!" Then I'm like "But, I like my ROM! I don't want to strip it down!?!?" What I have done for those of you who are looking to save some more space is make several apps and such install as cabs at boot up rather than cooking the actual files in the ROM. This way you can remove these apps via Start Menu\System Tools\Remove Programs. The following are uninstallable should you so choose:

Opera 9.7
KD-Font
Resco Explorer
UC Web Browser
Youtube links (This is an app that links any youtube link to the YouTube app instead of opening up the browser to play the video. NOTE: This app is primarily made up of registry settings. If you install another browser it will overwrite part of the YouTube Links registry settings and it will no longer work. You will need to reinstall YouTube Links after installing another browser in order for YouTube Links to work again.)
Sharkie405's Sense Tab Links
Sharkie405's Action Links
Co0kie's Home Tab
CHTEditor
moTweets
Sharkie-Blue DINIK SIP Skin (aedon Ed.)

Should you want\need to reinstall any of these cabs, you can find links to them in \My Device\Cabs.

uTask

If you are unfamiliar with 'uTask', check out THIS post for a quick tutorial on how it works.

And... Of course, the legal disclaimer...
I'm not responsible for your phone. Flash this ROM at your own risk, blah blah blah...

Don't worry, it's all good!

I think that's it for now...

Enjoy

Due to adult language,
this ROM is rated

Last edited by Sharkie405; 11-16-2013 at 03:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 84 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [7/31/10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint[23563][Sense 2016][CHT\Standard][XDA UC]

Don't like DINIK's Flip Clock? Want to go back to stock? Install the Sharkie405's Stock Sense Flip Clock Cab.

Like the Thundercats? Check out Sharkie405's 6.5.X Thundercats StartMenu Icon cab. Thanks to Straightup27 (for like the hundredth time) for the idea!

Want DINIK's clock in black? So I was messing around with his white clock and came up with this. It looks identical to the one Vinn used in his ROMs except that my AM\PM is white and his was black, I think. I searched around and didn't see this clock posted anywhere, although I highly doubt I'm the first, but here it is. Install Sharkie405's DINIK Black Clock.

Are you a SharkieROM fan??? If so, you might like mcluvntheboss' Sharkie Mail & CHT Message Widget Mod:

If you like it, download mcluvntheboss' Sharkie-Mail Mod.cab. You can use this mod for just the email tab even if you don't use CHT.

Also, check out THIS POST for some more Messaging Page skin cabs.

Don't like my Notification bubbles? Want the stock look back or perhaps some different colors? Install one of the Sharkie405 Notification Icon cabs that you can find in THIS POST.

Don't like my Music Player skin? Install Sharkie405's Stock Music Player Controls.cab and (if you're using my CHT) install Sharkie405's Stock CHT -Back- Music Player Button cab to revert back to stock controls.

Do you like my Music Player skin, but you want to use a different CHT cab than the one that's included in the ROM? If so, install the Sharkie405's Sharkie's CHT Music Player -Back- Button cab.

Here's another set of icons for anyone who like them. Visit THIS post for more info. and the download.

And here's another set of icons for yet a different look! See THIS post for the download.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 06-07-2011 at 10:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 35 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: [7/31/10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint[23563][Sense 2016][CHT\Standard][XDA UC]

THESE ARE FOR 6.5.X ROMS WITH START MENU AT THE BOTTOM!! THEY WILL NOT WORK ON ANY 6.5 ROM!!

HTC Start Icons Various Colors for all 6.5.x Roms
Attached Images
File Type: png Dusk-bubble_flag.png (6.9 KB, 15148 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png Dusk-bubble_flag (5).png (7.0 KB, 15147 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png Dusk-bubble_flag (3).png (7.0 KB, 15169 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png Dusk-bubble_flag (2).png (7.0 KB, 15189 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png Dusk-bubble_flag (4).png (7.0 KB, 15169 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png Dusk-bubble_flag (8).png (7.0 KB, 15200 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png Dusk-bubble_flag (7).png (7.0 KB, 15229 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png Dusk-bubble_flag (6).png (7.0 KB, 15262 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC start icons.zip (68.2 KB, 109 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Straitup27; 11-25-2010 at 09:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369

wow this actually looks really cool.. Does the sprint version have nav and tv cooked in?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Looks good bro. Good luck to ya...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

for vzw mms use the provided provisioning and then install this cab and soft reset and you should be golden!! if any issues contact via thread or pm and we will figure it out!
Attached Files
File Type: cab tjELITE.VZWArcSoftMMS5.2.12.45.cab (4.33 MB, 93 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:25 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineking369 View Post
wow this actually looks really cool.. Does the sprint version have nav and tv cooked in?
Yes they do! That's the main difference between the two. Thanks for reminding me. I'll edit the first post to reflect this info.

Edit: 1st post edited!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 07-31-2010 at 01:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuffmao511 knows their stuff

Looks awesome, Thanks Sharkie. Downloading now!!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to machineking369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Yes they do! That's the main difference between the two. Thanks for reminding me. I'll edit the first post to reflect this info.
dude that's awesome i'm downloading now and i'll give it a try. Best of luck with your roms bro!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:36 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

looks great op, whats cool is i just now unlocked a nib tp2 so you get first shot at it plus shark week starts next week on tv, nice timing and thanx.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development