PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [STOCK ROM COLLECTION] RhodiumW Stock ROMs [Telus VZW SPCS USC] UPDATE 3/19/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore View Post
Looks like I need to return my phone and sorry for the noob ?, but not finding an answer elsewhere...

Can I reflash back to stock (6.5) using the HTC 6.5 update or should I use the one provided here ?

Thanks in advance.
Yes you could download it from the htc website... make sure its for sprint or whatever carrier you have. Then the phone needs to be relocked
Old 04-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

gmore is a n00b
Re: [STOCK ROM COLLECTION] RhodiumW Stock ROMs [Telus VZW SPCS USC] UPDATE 3/19/10

Thx !
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

Legmce is a n00b

Trying to make 'Sense' of all this! I have a Verizon HTC TP2 with Verizon installed WM 6.5 - from what I've been told it has Sense 2.1 - Want to use the 'Cookie Home Tab Mod' but need to upgrade to Sense 2.5 - was told it this is where I should ask about the upgrade... ????
Old 04-21-2010, 09:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro 2

bigrel22 is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (XV6875.1 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I've just flashed my phone back to the vzw stock rom and i relocked it. Now i cant make calls or text, but i can recieve emails and get online. When i try to make a call, it say that vzw cant authenticate my phone. Has anyone else had this problem, if so, PLEASE HELP
Old 04-21-2010, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Cobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legmce View Post
Trying to make 'Sense' of all this! I have a Verizon HTC TP2 with Verizon installed WM 6.5 - from what I've been told it has Sense 2.1 - Want to use the 'Cookie Home Tab Mod' but need to upgrade to Sense 2.5 - was told it this is where I should ask about the upgrade... ????
I wouldn't recommend upgrading Sense from 2.1 to 2.5, although I'm sure it could be done through a series of cabs. Instead, if I were you, I would spend that time unlocking my phone and flashing the latest MightyRom, it already has 2.5 cooked in.

Supposedly he is releasing a new ROM soon - but his current latest dated sometime in March is rock solid, confirmed by tons of mightyrom followers.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Cobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good workCobaltikus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrel22 View Post

I've just flashed my phone back to the vzw stock rom and i relocked it. Now i cant make calls or text, but i can recieve emails and get online. When i try to make a call, it say that vzw cant authenticate my phone. Has anyone else had this problem, if so, PLEASE HELP
Forgive me for responding without an answer - but I'm curious.

If you are giving the phone back to Verizon, then does it matter that it doesn't work properly?

If you are not giving the phone back to Verizon, then why flash back to stock and relock?

Edit: More Info: I would give you an answer if I had one - and I do agree it is a valid question
Old 04-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Lurker

Legmce is a n00b

Sorry for sounding (and Being) so uneducated about all this..would someone direct me to the thread that:
- instructs how to unlock phone (what does this mean?)
- file and how to load latest version of Mightyrom (what does this do?)
thanks..
Old 04-21-2010, 02:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrel22 View Post

pretty sure you just need to dial *228 and choose option 1.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legmce View Post
Sorry for sounding (and Being) so uneducated about all this..would someone direct me to the thread that:
- instructs how to unlock phone (what does this mean?)
- file and how to load latest version of Mightyrom (what does this do?)
thanks..
hard spl unlock will allow custom roms to be flashed to your phone. Located here. Custom roms replace the operating system and all the programs on your phone. It also erases everything, so make sure you have your contacts and calendar and texts backed up if you want to save them. Here is a good program to do backups. There are tons of custom roms to choose from. They are located here. You will see MightyMikes popular rom there.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Lurker

Legmce is a n00b

Thank You very much for the information!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development