PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Re: NOW OPEN [Update 11-7-09] Rhodium_W Radio ROM Thread

Wait, so all you did was take Metalmayhem's radio packages and put them in your thread? Rather than stickying his? Certainly not deserving of a thanks.

Last edited by isdnmatt; 11-07-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Metalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuff
Re: NOW OPEN [Update 11-7-09] Rhodium_W Radio ROM Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
Wait, so all you did was take Metalmayhem's radio packages and put them in your thread? Rather than stickying his? Certainly not deserving of a thanks.
no need to flame him...im sure he did these himself as I didn't have the USC radio...also hes been doing radios since the tp as I remember...I posted mine since I hadn't seen them posted yet when the unlocker came out.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

I hate to beat a dead horse but things aren't as clear as with the original TP. I always used the USC radio with my VZW TP; will the current USC TP2 radio work with VZW or should I stick with carrier specific radios?

Thanks for any input.

Nate
Old 11-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by my pants are tight View Post
For those that have the radio working on the Sprint TP2, big question. Does the radio drain the battery fast or is it easy on power? I would like to use my TP2 at the gym (they use FM channels for sound) to watch TV.
This thread isn't about the fm radio its about the cellular radio that communicates with the towers.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

ok so far guys i have one more radio to download and personally flash AGAIN... no issues so far.

so any users reporting errors its on your end.... last up USC... which is busted, however the VZW 1.88 either i packed it wrong or the RUU shipped labeled it wrong because it seems to be V2.05WV

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 11-07-2009 at 09:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:57 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

will these be up tonight?

thanks for the work BTW

Old 11-07-2009, 09:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

if you want a personal opinion though.

2.05WV kicks serious arse.

i am in a spot where im usualy in 1x or searching while at home (hence why i have a rogers sim so im not unreachable at home) and i have 2 FREAKIGN BARS where i would get zero with any other radio..... and ive been testing them all night... except for USC im confident its corrupt. sorry bout that. ill test and re-up. thanks god none of y'all bricked.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:07 PM
What did you say?

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lol yeah i almost crapped my pants but i fixed it... no harm

and thats the radio i want to use...
Old 11-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

Sorry, but I'm feeling thick here (not all that uncommon). These links are to replacement Cell Tower radios, that, in theory, give better reception, less power drain, less filling, better taste than the stock cell tower radio? I also don't yet understand from reading, when you can just load the new radio and when you need further unlocking. As my cell radio seems to work, I don't know that I'm really overly tempted to do this, but I do want to learn all about it (getting smarter is always good).

thanks

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 11-07-2009, 10:22 PM
What did you say?

each radio will pick up a different frequency... the carrier it comes from doesnt matter, its just the signal

you would have to test to see what works better in your area since it is different from place to place.

if you are unlocked to flash roms you will be goof with these... you would need to be security unlocked to flash a radio from a different phone like we use to do with the Touch pro

so far stock TP2 radios is all we can use.. but that can change later

hope this helped
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development