PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2 #2
Carrier: boost

jcthelight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmant View Post
you can use this program - htcRIE_0.5.0.12 - to remove, add, or change things to a ROM before flashing.

Ok what do i look for and where do i look in the rom? Is it the battery dll and battery driver dll? I tried that and it didn't work either. So what i was thinking is it charges with the wall and car charger with the stock sprint rom but not with a custom rom so how can i get the drivers from the stock rom to this rom? Thanks.

Last edited by jcthelight; 08-24-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

newmant is keeping up the good worknewmant is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthelight View Post
Ok what do i look for and where do i look in the rom? Is it the battery dll and battery driver dll? I tried that and it didn't work either. So what i was thinking is it charges with the wall and car charger with the stock sprint rom but not with a custom rom so how can i get the drivers from the stock rom to this rom? Thanks.
I also see a battery.exe file that you may need to try changing also.
But this is what I would try.
1. download the 1% Bat Cab and open it to see what files are contained in there.
2. then see if I can find those files with-in the ROM your trying to fix and the stock ROM
3. I would remove any files that matched the 1% Bat Cab files from the Stock ROM - save to folder
4. I would replace files on the ROM your trying to fix with Stock ROM.

a possible sort cut maybe to just remove all/any files from the Stock ROM that deal with the Battery and add these to the ROM your trying to fix.
but looking at the 1% Bat Cab files may help you get an idea of which files are being changed when you install the cab/or which files were changed in NRGZ ROM.

you may also want to try doing a Wipe Device from the settings before reflashing to see if that might remove any leftover files that may be corrupting your system.

another thing might be that you got a bad download of NRGZ ROM and might try downloading again or even try a different version to see if you have the same problem.

If none of this seems to work then it maybe a hardware problem not the ROMs.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2 #2
Carrier: boost

jcthelight is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmant View Post
I also see a battery.exe file that you may need to try changing also.
But this is what I would try.
1. download the 1% Bat Cab and open it to see what files are contained in there.
2. then see if I can find those files with-in the ROM your trying to fix and the stock ROM
3. I would remove any files that matched the 1% Bat Cab files from the Stock ROM - save to folder
4. I would replace files on the ROM your trying to fix with Stock ROM.

a possible sort cut maybe to just remove all/any files from the Stock ROM that deal with the Battery and add these to the ROM your trying to fix.
but looking at the 1% Bat Cab files may help you get an idea of which files are being changed when you install the cab/or which files were changed in NRGZ ROM.

you may also want to try doing a Wipe Device from the settings before reflashing to see if that might remove any leftover files that may be corrupting your system.

another thing might be that you got a bad download of NRGZ ROM and might try downloading again or even try a different version to see if you have the same problem.

If none of this seems to work then it maybe a hardware problem not the ROMs.

Hope this helps.
Ok i did some of that already i opend nrgz rom and deleted the battery files and tried to replace them with the files from the stock rom but that didnt go well there was 2 files and i saved them and it created a folder with 4 files in each one that didn't even look like the files in the rom. Maybe i didn't do it right but this is frustrating cause i hate this sprint rom its slow. Also tried Leadpoizon's rom still no charging only on stock. I do remember that i installed that nuebattery a while back then the white screen would pop up when i plugged the charger in and wouldn't charge so i removed it and it charged again just that screen still pops up. I think thats when this all might've started just didn't know it wouldn't charge if I flashed a new rom. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:31 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

You've now done much of what's outlined under "problems" in wiki.
A couple other notes...
Of the 32,000 posts just in this thread, it's no coincidence that typically if you're the only one reporting an issue... can be safe saying it's 99.99% chance it's on your end, not the ROM. But, still needs to be trouble shot for it to work for you.... I understand.

I'd DL & flash 3 diff Roms, Energy standard, any Cookie ROM & titanium. Test each of those for charging. It takes me less than 15 min to DL, unzip & burn a ROM. DO NOT INSTALL ANY CABS prior to testing the ROM, don't even change the page pool! In fact pull your SD card out for the entire process.

Good luck, let us know how that goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NEWS: ck home pg of ppcgeeks! [UPDATE] iPhone 5 going to Sprint!?!? T-Mobile Too!!

wowsers...
Also, Steve Jobs... iByeBye :>))

Last edited by teradog; 08-25-2011 at 01:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

slvrdrgn123 is becoming a great contributor

No one has a copy of the jun 1 rom left on their computer?
Old 08-25-2011, 07:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrdrgn123 View Post
I've got cookie 1.8.5 and cookie 2.0 sencity from 6-1. If you want either, just pm me and I will upload and send you a link.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

newmant is keeping up the good worknewmant is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I have Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jun.01, Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jun.01
Old 08-25-2011, 11:48 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level

I havent been around lately... What's new guys ? Any reason for me to update the ROM here ? Any glaring bugs moving around ?

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
Old 08-26-2011, 02:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I have June 1 TOG (cookie 2.0). PIM me if you need it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
I havent been around lately... What's new guys ? Any reason for me to update the ROM here ? Any glaring bugs moving around ?
Working fine. You've got 6.5x so close to perfect that it probably why Microsoft, with their unerring ability to misjudge the mobile market, canceled it. lol
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development