PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: verizon

solnt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

So no more winmo update for old devices, like mine ...
Time to move forward, i guess..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dbreno is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbreno View Post
I'm using 29022 (July build) and my SMS / MMS count in the slider isn't working at all, I get notices in the top bar (by clock) but not in the icon in the slider row at the bottom. It worked on a previous build I had (jan 2011 I think it was). Is there a setting or cab file I need to fix?

I did read and search high/low here but all I kept finding was the +1 issue no fixes for no counts at all.

I do admit to playing around a while with different cabs for MMS so I may have broken something but I'm not sure. Oh I'm on Sprint if that matters too.

thanks!
I reloaded 29022 and the SMS/MMS count does work so it was my "fixing" MMS that broke it. Now that I have that working and SMS fully working I'll try to get the MMS part working to actually pull in the pictures and pay attention if the counter breaks again and when.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunij View Post
From Twitter:

@ckwood3 no.. all the winmo roms are final.

WOW
Not really much of a surprise at this point, but still feels kind of like losing an old friend. I have been looking to move on anyway because as powinmo previously reported winmo no longer syncs with exchange. Ironically, I temporarily solved that problem by dropping XDAndroid onto my SD card following teradog's great tutorial. So I can now sync with exchange while running XDAndroid but not while running winmo. Just incredible.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

ralphkaz is a n00b

anyone have a cab for Youtube that allows user signin to view subscriptions?

TIA!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hi all,

I just installed Energy Titanium ROM last night, have been running VIN's for a while but thought I'd try something different.

Have a few questions:

- The "Sense" start menu doesn't work - can't be selected. Is it supposed to be available ?

- What soft is used for Panel-style start menu ? Is there any way to get custom icons with it, short of using SK Shortcut commander ? (Never could find any decent WVGA icons for it).

- How do you change default programs in "Action" ? The GPS defaults to Google Maps and I hate it, much prefer Bing.

If you used both 6.5.x Titanium based ROMs (this & Vin's Plutonium), or think there's any other better ROM, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Last edited by Amamba; 08-17-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

To add: I think there's a problem with this ROM - take 2-3 photos and the phone freezes, I saw that other people had this issue too. Is there a fix ? I'd hate to have to flash again..
Old 08-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

It is sad to see that their will not be any more support for the device, and although I don't have the device anymore it's sad to see that it's dieing, but on the bright side it did have a long run as a great device, and although you won't get Dev support from NRG you can still run his previous roms, or look for a Dev that's still supporting it.

Some devices last for a while and others die as quickly as they are brought to market, example is the HTC Evo 4G, great device and had a long run as the top Android device for sprint and it had a LOT of great Devs supporting it, but when the Evo 3D came out all the support just about dried out, point is that no matter which device we get it's not going to last forever and we will eventually have to move on....
Old 08-17-2011, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, back to Vin's Plutonium... sadly this ROM has too many issues.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
Not really much of a surprise at this point, but still feels kind of like losing an old friend. I have been looking to move on anyway because as powinmo previously reported winmo no longer syncs with exchange. Ironically, I temporarily solved that problem by dropping XDAndroid onto my SD card following teradog's great tutorial. So I can now sync with exchange while running XDAndroid but not while running winmo. Just incredible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
Some devices last for a while and others die as quickly as they are brought to market, example is the HTC Evo 4G, great device and had a long run as the top Android device for sprint and it had a LOT of great Devs supporting it, but when the Evo 3D came out all the support just about dried out, point is that no matter which device we get it's not going to last forever and we will eventually have to move on....
Good times

I believe NRGZ mentioned some time ago that the only real updates he would be working on are app updates, etc and that the "core" stuff was fairly stable in his opinion. Since most WinMo apps are not getting updated that often or at all, and new app dev is almost zero... not surprised the ROMs may have come to a slower pace of releases or close to none.

The main saving grace that will keep the TP2s alive, especially outside North America and EU, is android development seems to be going slow but very steady.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlambert77 View Post
Does anyone know if there are any call confirm cabs compatible with this rom? Ya know, a program that checks before dialing a number? I'm tired of pocket dialing people daily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
MLAMBERT... i thought thats what lock screens were suppose to do? hit power button once quick b4 pocket or purse...
settings, system, lock config, ck enabled (lock on suspend, lock if playing music on mine)
Forgot to reply to this topic a while back...

Ran in to the same kind of thing mlambert was looking for. Even with using a lockscreen (S2U2) on very aggressive lock settings... there are times where I was able to "butt call" accidentally. Other times, if my BT headset in my pocket does a double ghost pocket tap and redials the last number regardless of the lockscreen... that sucks too.

I never found anything useful and the desire to do any dotnet dev for winmo for something like this is the last thing on my list these days.

Sadly there are a bunch of these app/tools for android so when I use xandroid on one of my TP2s, I use a call conf app there...
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development