PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

newmant is keeping up the good worknewmant is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

any one else notice that NRGZ site is down?

I like Teradogs idea of steping back a bit and playing with older versions of the rom to see what can be done (I now have a better understanding of the problems with cookie 2.0 - I also don't think I would need a total of 28 pages to set up a great looking, fast working smart phone), but I must say it is amazing what cookie does for this phone, I just think it can be refinded a bit, it's still one of the best apps I've played with for customizing.

So I went to NRGZ site to download some of the other roms to start working on this idea and found that it is no longer up.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855
Carrier: Sprint

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
t-bob
I took out touchlockpro until I get more time to mess with all the settings... have been getting some weird hangs, which are sometimes solved by sliding out keyboard or pulling the stylus... sometimes I'm in a hurry & can't get unlocked so I reboot... I think I'll just leave it as a quick link & run before I have to make or take an important phone call?? Dunno, but if you get yours figured out first, get me your settings.

Have you tried yet?
Downloaded it but haven't installed it yet, was planning to try it this weekend. Sounds like I should plan to invest a little time once I get started. Thanks for the heads-up on that.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mlambert77 is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone know if there are any call confirm cabs compatible with this rom? Ya know, a program that checks before dialing a number? I'm tired of pocket dialing people daily.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualls View Post
Roll back to factory shipped ROM, reroot, and go from there. It's what I did with my wife's EVO.
No can do if you are S-Off, they are working on a new root for it, but it's taking a while to get done, plus with all the new phones coming out lately has put it on the back burner.

Quote:
hey kiowa, your always welcome here... lately it's like standing in a room hearing my echo...

So, the last 3 months NRG released new ROM's in the beginning of the month, only 1 per month... as oppose to up to 3 per week 1 year ago. In 13 hours it'll be August 4th. But, not to many new packages, BT works, wifi works, everything... and I can't find even a rumor of a new sys (beyond 29022)... SO I WONDER... truly the end? shudder...

NEW ROMs?

NEW RUMORs?
Like I have always said bro this place has a place in my heart as I always had a lot of fun with the TP2 and this thread and learned a lot in here and tried to pass along what I learned.

The TP2 has had a great run and has been a great phone, sad to see that it's pretty much being phased out and not getting a whole lot of support like it used to, guess it's their way of getting people to upgrade to new equipment.

Glad to see you still here and passing along your plethora of knowledge to everyone around here and all the work you did on the WiKi, hopefully they come out with some new sys for it as I would hate to see the phone just die.

I talk to DaveTN once in a while, and I know he picked up an Evo also but don't remember if he said he still had his TP2, I think he's still got it. He's doing good in school and about to start his clinicals if I remember right.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:08 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

btw- all rom links working fine.

re. tp2 yea, finally got it near perfection, with Windows, Android & iPhone (-via ipt)... all 3 on this quad band GSM + CDMA world phone ... Why change now?!

the amazing thing about tp2, is unlike the tp, there's nothing wrong with it... and then they replace it with a win7 phone with almost identical screen & features?? while every one else in the world is going 4" + phones & tablets???? flippen amazing we windows users never have had an offer on sprint (verizon also i think) to get an hd2.. never have yet... nor in the past been offered a larger (windows based) screen!!!!!!

without question would have jumped to the 4.3 inch screen when it came out & not been on tp2 for over a year now...

bad marketing? or just horrible understanding of user wants..
post via tp2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MLAMBERT... i thought thats what lock screens were suppose to do? hit power button once quick b4 pocket or purse...
settings, system, lock config, ck enabled (lock on suspend, lock if playing music on mine)

Last edited by teradog; 08-04-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I agree on the HD2.

If verizon would have picked this phone up, I would have been all over it....but seems sprint and verizon both decided that WM users were not worthy of the 4.3" screen and they decided not to pick up a CDMA HD2.

Sucks cause I would love to have 4.3" screen with WM6.5.x

The lack of keyboard might have been a bummer but with the 4.3" screen I probably would get over it.

Seems all Sprint and Verizon are interested in now is Android....

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 08-04-2011, 10:16 AM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Here's one for you... you'd think someone would put 1xRTT cell phone (to make voice calls) in a 5-8" tablet. If you "had to" you could put it up to your ear... however most use would be via either blue tooth headset or wired headset (like the combo mic & earphones that came with tp1 & tp2) or via speaker phone.

My 2 cents (just my opinion)...
Whoever does this first wins... I think they'd sell like mad... I'd buy a thin 6" model (maybe even a 7") if they could manufacture it without the 1/2 inch boarder all the way around. That would be just too cool... I don't know of a single tablet with a phone built in... is there already one anywhere?? If not, why not?

This would make an awesome all around entertainment device... IMHO, 4.3 " is still just a tad small for a couple kids in the back seat to watch kid stuff (keep them quiet on a long trip)... 6" would easily work & you could still put it in your pocket, or at least a belt clip on case..

Again phone use on it would be in this order. 1. BT, 2. wired micro headset/mic combo, 3. Speaker phone, 4. in a crunch, put up to your ear...

~~~~~~~~~
edit to wiki to take out old ROM links & put in correct links
also... per above... energyroms.com is a dead link! I usually only went to userecho anyway...
~~~~~~~~~
edit 2

Would anyone else get a tablet if it had a cell phone?

Last edited by teradog; 08-04-2011 at 02:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
btw- all rom links working fine.

re. tp2 yea, finally got it near perfection, with Windows, Android & iPhone (-via ipt)... all 3 on this quad band GSM + CDMA world phone ... Why change now?!

the amazing thing about tp2, is unlike the tp, there's nothing wrong with it... and then they replace it with a win7 phone with almost identical screen & features?? while every one else in the world is going 4" + phones & tablets???? flippen amazing we windows users never have had an offer on sprint (verizon also i think) to get an hd2.. never have yet... nor in the past been offered a larger (windows based) screen!!!!!!

without question would have jumped to the 4.3 inch screen when it came out & not been on tp2 for over a year now...

bad marketing? or just horrible understanding of user wants..
post via tp2
Tera, Got your PM and this is such a LOL moment (motto, don't worry be happy). I have been on a vacation and as someone said a few posts back, my phone is working so well I have just been causally dropping in every now and then. I was just going to comment on the point you made, when your PM popped up.

Now to my point. I went to the USCC store and looked at the new pro 7 and thought the same thing you said, WHY THE SMALL SCREEN. With the HTC Merge and Desire sitting next to the pro, who's even going to look at the new pro?

The TP2 was probably the best selling winmo phone ever. I think HTC felt if they just upgraded the operating system us TP2 users would flock to it. What HTC didn't realize is that we have the TP2 because no one would give us an HD2.

Now if someone could find a way to port Win7 to my old TP2 I think the whole ride would be on again.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Next point: Yes, they could sell us a tablet bluetooth combo pack, maybe even the 7" super sized meal, lol. I can see it now, my tablet phone on the dash of my semi, traveling down the interstate with 3 trailers in tow 105 feet long, 105,000 pound and watching my favorite movie. (come on now, its safer than trying to watch a movie on my dinky TP2 screen).

Last edited by swlaraut; 08-04-2011 at 03:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:31 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Nice! win7 port... "whole game on again" yep... lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Nice! win7 port... "whole game on again" yep... lol
Tera.. you just made me go back and re-read the last post to make sure this wasnt done already.. lol...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development