PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 04:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Optimus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

darme2doit is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

yes and yes, i just did this 3 days ago on the touch pro using energy rom and had no problems, get a tp2, problems. took it to work and boss man couldn't get, so maybe i'll flash to stock and give that a try. i have domain issues not server address

Last edited by darme2doit; 07-26-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

fishingsnow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have a question on the email notification. I sync my tp2 with gmail by setting up the exchange server in activesync. When I get a new email, it always vibrates twice, usually 30 sec or 1 min between two vibrations. Even I've read the email, it still vibrates for the second time. Does anyone have a similar symptom? Sorry if this is a repost. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:08 PM
N00b

stock cant do it either oh well, back to the Optimus
Old 07-26-2011, 07:10 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
Is THIS what you are looking for? Or look at R1 or R2 in paperclip.
Thanks, found R2_Landscape 20 Links 10 on home.cab 1/2 hour later on my SD, does perfect. Using with the 100% transparency method from Dream Phone II thread
*edit* re. R2... lol, just went to look in paperclip, same one. Yea, that works good. I'm going to reflash & redo all as I tried so many of them, to ensure I know which ones do what. I think the R2 cab also gave me the option to do Background for all tabs, without running another cab..

There use to be one that you could get 3 or 4 wide in Opera tabs as well if I remember correct. Could use that. Anyone remember what that cab was called?

Using "Security Policy Lifter.cab" seemed to let me copy over the
aygshell.dll & shell32.exe hex mod'd files into \windows along with the stwater (480x800& 800x480).jpg files.

Along with tjELITE.WAR.TransparentClockandBg.cab and transparent_softkeys.cab (which I don't think is needed), have an amazing setup... no cookie :>)) will post screen shot soon.

Last edited by teradog; 07-26-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:37 PM
N00b

can anybody help me with this outlook active sync problem, i've been reading all day about ssl certificates, how do i get those on the phone so it will set up my email. PROBLEM SOLVED, no responses needed, thanks.

Last edited by darme2doit; 07-27-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:20 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I think ninjaduck & powinmo use email like that & are very technical.. 1st look through wiki, 2nd Search this Thread for "exchange", or "outlook sync", etc.. 3rd PM one of those 2 perhaps they'll respond.

I just don't mess with it at all. I set my server side settings to not mark as read or delete. So, if I get 3 new emails... all will DL to my PC, laptop & phone. I know which ones I've read & responded to... Long story, I don't even use "outlook" at all.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPrem View Post
It only prevents Internet Explorer from getting a network connection. Opera Mini which I have installed on my device has no issues. I'm guessing since the IE cache is on the storage card, it must have something to do with that. Again, I can connect IE via Wifi fine with those changes. I haven't really done any tweaks to the phone nor am I overclocking. I can live without IE. So I'll test it with those tweaked settings a little longer and see if it affects anything else.

nope.. if your IE settings are default like mine are.. i have no issues in IE, or opera, i dont like opera mini so i dont use it. check my last post, i even posted DL numbers after the change to show that on my phone i had no problems.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
I think ninjaduck & powinmo use email like that & are very technical.. 1st look through wiki, 2nd Search this Thread for "exchange", or "outlook sync", etc.. 3rd PM one of those 2 perhaps they'll respond.

I just don't mess with it at all. I set my server side settings to not mark as read or delete. So, if I get 3 new emails... all will DL to my PC, laptop & phone. I know which ones I've read & responded to... Long story, I don't even use "outlook" at all.
I *had* to stop using Outlook on my TP2s for certain Exchange 2010 setups. A lot of corps are now pushing out security policies in their Exchange 2010 that WinMo 6.5 Outlook (even via ActiveSync) just does not support. As such they only support WinPhone7's Outlook client for mobile users, and will deny WinMo mobile Outlook clients from connecting.

Now saying that, I doubt this is the situation for the user with Outlook issues that seemed impatient for folks to reply to them since he/she claims it worked with their original device. If his/her issue is due to SSL certs, and their company uses self signed certs or a low end one that chains off a newer set of root authority certs ... there are cabs floating around on PPCGeeks to install some of them.

@teradog - glad to see you and the other vets still helping around here
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:58 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
I *had* to stop using Outlook on my TP2s for certain Exchange 2010 setups. A lot of corps are now pushing out security policies in their Exchange 2010 that WinMo 6.5 Outlook (even via ActiveSync) just does not support. As such they only support WinPhone7's Outlook client for mobile users, and will deny WinMo mobile Outlook clients from connecting.

Now saying that, I doubt this is the situation for the user with Outlook issues that seemed impatient for folks to reply to them since he/she claims it worked with their original device. If his/her issue is due to SSL certs, and their company uses self signed certs or a low end one that chains off a newer set of root authority certs ... there are cabs floating around on PPCGeeks to install some of them.

@teradog - glad to see you and the other vets still helping around here
Thanks I finally got it at 3:40 am, and I was wrong it did not setup on the TP1, but i used other email and used a POP3, how did I do it, I don't know. I had very little info, but my husband called today and said it was working. I didn't use Outlook, but thanks.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

deuce01 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
White Home Screen??

I've searched the thread and read the FAQ's and can't find an answer. I just flashed to Maxsense 29022 and when I soft reset the phone, the Home Screen turns white with grey icons/widgets. I have no idea why or how to change it back to default. Any help please?

Thanks,

Update: Duh...changed the Home wallpaper and all's pretty again.

Last edited by deuce01; 07-28-2011 at 10:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development