PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint slug

spamdie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Ok so after installing it.

I mapped the keystroke with the FN modifier to run /windows/opera.lnk something like that. Which now works fine. Thanks!

Just curious is there a registry edit that directly effects this without use of the keyboard remapping program or is it way more complicated than its worth..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
so.. i'm think'n, hey what the heck, maybe one I haven't seen...
All mine were already at 4 :>))

Perhaps change to 4 & you'll be at my speed
Ahh.. Ill deff try 4 now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPrem View Post
Tried this yesterday. It caused the Internet Explorer browser to stop working. I wasn't able to get a connection using EV-DO (wifi worked). Bear in mind, I store the IE Cache (Cookies, History, Temporary Internet Files) folder on the SD card. After resetting everything back to 64, IE was working fine again. Perhaps programs that rely on a network connection, that are installed on the SD card, might cause problems if you change the setting to 16 or 4.
I dont have the same issue as you do on a stock rom.. I use IE and Opera 10.. However i dont have the cache on the SD.. I still dont see how that could lock your phone out of EV.. the logic is just not there.. Unless for some weird reason the settings conflict with something else you have on your phone.. but i still dont see how one would mess up the other.

Tera...

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://hadrys.wordpress.com/2008/05/03/speed-your-windows-mobile-with-registry-tweaks/
Speed up SD Card Transfer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Cl ass\
MMC_CLASS
SDMEMORY_CLASS
SDMEMORY_CLASS\High_Capacity
Change ‘BlockTransferSize’ from 64 to 16. This makes SD much more responsive with 4x faster read times!
"not sure what NAND_Class is but i made that blocktransfer size 16 too."

just set all to 4 and oh my.... I love it.. Awesome...

I also just went to IE and did a 100KB download at 509.554kbps, 1MB was at 1144.492kbps, 2MB was 1503.759kbps all on www.mobilespeedtest.com on a EV connection at my desk at work.

Last edited by eazy2001x; 07-25-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

newmant is keeping up the good worknewmant is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

[QUOTE=teradog;2131479]................
This one: Energy.RHODCDMA.29022.Sense2.5.Jul.04.7z
Anyone running "Energy" ROM above that can tell me how to get 4 wide program icons & tons more? It seems like years since messing with that, can't remember. Is it a setting somewhere or have to DL a cab??

Not sure if this is what your looking for? On Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Mar.08
from Home page - menu - CHTEditor - quick links - quick link layout (rows and colums)
Old 07-25-2011, 07:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work

Quote:
For those with camera issues
Question: Is the lockup immediate?
Re. "after snapping a few pics" I'm able to take a bunch of pics both in & out of SPB, seems like a delayed SOD. At what point does it freeze? Any other details??
It usually freezes on me after I take about 3 or 4 pictures. This is with no cabs or programs installed. Just the bare Titanium ROM. The problem occurs both with an SD card installed and without. Below is a screenshot of the error message I get when the phone freezes up:

Quote:
Also: please go & vote for this issue here if you are having camera issues: General forum / Energy ROM Feedback , bugs, TP2 CDMA 29022 Titanium ROM Camera locking up TP2
Good idea. Thank you for that. I just finished voting and messaging NRG.

Quote:
One of the reasons I don't auto into SPB is I like to have my boots into andoid on the SD as clean as possible, no startup files or menus (besides IPT).
I gotta give Android a shot. Can you run Android from the same SD card that has the programs you installed for Windows Mobile? I'd hate to have to swap SD cards everytime just to run Android. Sorry for getting off topic, but having an NRG Rom and Android on the same phone (without swapping memory cards) would be awesome.

Quote:
When you say how much RAM you are at, it's a little misleading for other readers... I know you know... but, @ 15pp & SPB you should be around 123ish+, but am guessing you are still running arksoft in your startup file & other startup commands & sofware.
Whoops, you're absolutely right. There should be around 123+ MB of RAM on start up. I currently have Arkswitch, BTTrayCE, Intercept, PushEffect and SpbMobileShell on my start up.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:47 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

yep, KISS method.. I've used the same class 6 8gig sd for years, have 4 GB music, a zillion cabs & Android running on the same card under a directory \andbootfrx07

Any other droid questions read my sticky first & then ask them in that thread please.
(ANDROID link in my sig)

FYI: My new refurb I just got last night had a bad mic... aaarrrrgggghhh, reflashed 32 radio back on from 37, stock rom, then flashed relocker, got another tp2 @ sprint store today... flashed unlocker, 37 radio, then standard "Energy ROM" 29022 back on in that order. I'm writing this so people here hopefully remember what I've written & can search for it if it ever happens to them.

newmant: believe it or not there is a "Energy ROM" :>)) "Standard" in DL with Reference, but different. No Cookie crap, use to be we had a bunch of cabs that did much of what cookie does. I have found all my "transparency" files for transparent clocks, top & bottom bars, etc.. BUT, am still looking for my 20 icons cab. I thought there was a way to do it in settings also (non cookie). Perhaps not.

Last edited by teradog; 07-25-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

BUT, am still looking for my 20 icons cab. I thought there was a way to do it in settings also (non cookie). Perhaps not.
Is THIS what you are looking for? Or look at R1 or R2 in paperclip.

Last edited by kozmo; 07-25-2011 at 09:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:38 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
I've got Titaniums back to March
Are you using a Titanium ROM? If so, which one, and do you have any issues with the camera freezing the phone?
Old 07-25-2011, 11:50 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
I dont have the same issue as you do on a stock rom.. I use IE and Opera 10.. However i dont have the cache on the SD.. I still dont see how that could lock your phone out of EV.. the logic is just not there.. Unless for some weird reason the settings conflict with something else you have on your phone.. but i still dont see how one would mess up the other.

It only prevents Internet Explorer from getting a network connection. Opera Mini which I have installed on my device has no issues. I'm guessing since the IE cache is on the storage card, it must have something to do with that. Again, I can connect IE via Wifi fine with those changes. I haven't really done any tweaks to the phone nor am I overclocking. I can live without IE. So I'll test it with those tweaked settings a little longer and see if it affects anything else.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Optimus/Touch Pro

darme2doit is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Need help with Microsoft Outlook, I've tried everything and it still want except my settings, and I need this for work asap. Is there an alternative program I can use, my job use Microsoft Outlook. The error I keep getting is server info is invalid.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

What server settings is it complaining about?

The server address?

Does you company use https verse http for the server? if so, do you have the SSL checked in the settings?

I take it you are doing this via ActiveSync.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development