PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Apr 26| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
There are varying theories how or what causes this. Typically it's been blamed on any number of user installed apps or configuration editors (eg, advanced configuration). I had this happen mid last year on an Energy ROM to one of my TP2 units, but have not had this occur since. Note that I manage over a dozen active Sprint (some on Boost) TP2 units... all running Energy ROMs.

To fix or more info see this thread

Basically, use a registry editor, or automate via mortscript:

\HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\LockLevel

"You should see a bunch of keys and a folder called "LockLevel" - inside that folder is the LockLevel key with a value of 1 or 0 - you don't need to go inside that folder. just rename it from "LockLevel" to "LockLevelx" (add an x to the end of the folder's name)... soft reset"

I wrote a mortscript to automate all this long ago. If I find it, I'll attach it later.

Let me know if this helps or if we need to see what else needs to be done... I'll also update the wiki with this once I get some confirmations.
Just a side thought on this one. Sometimes when I do not have time to set up a new rom, I will just use SPB backup to restore to the new rom until I can build it from scratch.

Point is, just about everytime I do this I end up with the 10 second backlight problem.

If this starts after a person has used a program to restore something, that might be the problem.

Just a thought........
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

on a new rom, spb backup restore is not a good idea.....usually intros more bad then good.

I use spb backup ONLY when reflashing the same rom (hard reset or doing a task 29 then flashing the same rom).

I do know that time is why to use SPB Backup/restore but in my uses is causes more harm then good.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 05-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

fishboy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
To fix or more info see this thread

Basically, use a registry editor, or automate via mortscript:

\HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\LockLevel

"You should see a bunch of keys and a folder called "LockLevel" - inside that folder is the LockLevel key with a value of 1 or 0 - you don't need to go inside that folder. just rename it from "LockLevel" to "LockLevelx" (add an x to the end of the folder's name)... soft reset"
I made the change, and so far so good. Originally the LockLevel value under the LockLevel key had a value of 2. At some point after renaming the folder and performing the soft reset, the LockLevel folder got recreated (I think after I activated the lockscreen) and the LockLevel value now has a value of 0. This is the same value (0) recommened in the thread you referenced to fix the problem. We will see how long this change lasts, however I saw mentioned elsewhere that the LockLevel value may eventually increment/change.

I have attached a simple mortscript to change the existing LockLevel value to 0. You can run it manually, or maybe put it in the startup folder so its run on every soft reset. Maybe someone can eventually come up with a better "bandaid".

Btw, the Advanced Config app, which is part of the Energy rom, has more info on the Backlight Locklevel and its settings, which can be found under the "Screen" node.

Thanks powinmo for your help (and your post has been thanked).
Attached Files
File Type: mscr ResetLockLevel.mscr (78 Bytes, 38 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fishboy; 05-06-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 July 4 29022 ROM
Carrier: Sprnt

Creature330 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
on a new rom, spb backup restore is not a good idea.....usually intros more bad then good.

I use spb backup ONLY when reflashing the same rom (hard reset or doing a task 29 then flashing the same rom).

I do know that time is why to use SPB Backup/restore but in my uses is causes more harm then good.
I Have been Flashing for a year and a half. I have been using SPB Backup 2 for over a year with no problems. I select ROM upgrade option and deselect over write files. Everyhting reloads OK except HTC Stocks. I only have to enter my stocks and I'm done flashing. Always flash the latest Energy 29020 Sense 2.5 Cookie 2.0. I settled on the flash method Instructions on this Link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...tionality.html Works every time. Flashed 3 times the last week of April (15th, 26 and 29) still no issues.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

FAST5 is a n00b

Anyone know why my WiFi router app is not working? Running Energy ROM on TP2, downloaded the PRL or whatever, internet runs in opera, just not in the router.

"Unsupported or unavailable connection"

HELP! Working on a school project and under a deadline!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: rhodium
Carrier: sprint

sigson is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST5 View Post
Anyone know why my WiFi router app is not working? Running Energy ROM on TP2, downloaded the PRL or whatever, internet runs in opera, just not in the router.

"Unsupported or unavailable connection"

HELP! Working on a school project and under a deadline!
From one lurker to another

Have you already setup the new connection in the connection manager? For Sprint you would need to create a new connection (under manage existing connections) with #777 as the data call...and no password.

PM me if you need help and I will assist.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Kpt Kill is a n00b

The last couple Rom flashes I've been having a problem with reminders. It seems like either the popup is appearing under sense, or just isn't showing up at all. If I use the top status bar, i can get to the popups, or if I restart Sense, I can see them sitting there. Also, if audio or vibration is set,it will play once, then quit. This happens for calendar items and alarms. Any suggestions? Short of various Notification Queue suggestions, I can't seem to find anything on this issue.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am having some issues with the calendar appointments.
I dismiss them on the phone but they don't seem to be syncing back to the Exchange server that my calendar is sync'd to.
As when I get to the my outlook calendar on my PC, I get the same reminders and have to dismiss them again.
Anyone else see this?

This is on Company Exchange server which is Exchange 2003.

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:58 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; SAMSUNG; SGH-i917))

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak
I dismiss them on the phone but they don't seem to be syncing back to the Exchange server that my calendar is sync'd to.
As when I get to the my outlook calendar on my PC, I get the same reminders and have to dismiss them again.
Anyone else see this?

Thanks.
This has always been my experience.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP, TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sa_doug is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Anyone else see this?

Thanks.
I sync directly to Outlook using Windows Mobile Device Center and I've had this problem as far back as I can remember. I've never looked into it and just dismiss them again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development