PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 12:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 15| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post

One thing though, it seems to only handle the ringer portion. SMS/etc sound notifications are still going to the BT headsets. I have not had a chance to review the bit masks from the other posts to see what else might have to be AND in.
Out of curiosity, go to the Comm Manager.
Go the the Wireless Controls option.
Click the bluetooth option (turn BT on if needed)
Click the Setting tab at the top (looks like gears)
Choose Advanced
Choose Audio

Is the box checked to send system sounds to the hands free device?
I wonder if this is causing the SMS alerts to be sent to the HF device.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 15| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

Quote:
Just flashed Mar.29 on to a test device. Leo GSM dialer is still there. Guess I need to figure out what files to rip out of the older ROMs to get the stock dialer back unless Monfro can help with that. I'm gonna have to stay with Feb.27 until then.

Oh rats, guess I should keep one device with Mar.29 to see if there are any advances on the BT hangup item...
Hi!!
Sorry if i am a little late
Laurentius26, Ultrashot and Cracing have solved all the issue of latest Leo Dialer in landscape:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [PROBLEM][LEO] NEW Phone Canvas working with new Builds like 231xx [UPDATED 26.03.11]
xda-developers - View Single Post - [PROBLEM][LEO] NEW Phone Canvas working with new Builds like 231xx [UPDATED 26.03.11]
Some testing (and maybe fixes) will be needed, but i think that 99% of the work is done.

If you want to install the old CDMA dialer in new roms, these are the files that needs to be copied with Total Commander in Windows directory:

phcanrc.dll.0409.mui,
PhoneAdvanced.dll.0409.mui,
ddcall.dll,
DPadMenu.dll,
phcanhtc.dll,
phcanImages.dll,
phcanImages2.dll,
phcanrc.dll,
PhoneAdvanced.dll,
smartdialuiext.dll,
HomeDialing.xml.

Probably not all these will be needed.
But these are all the dll related to dialer.
If you want to test you can put these 11 files in a folder, install a rom with Leo dialer, KILL CPROG (with arkswitch or task manager) and then with Total Commader copy all the file to Windows directory. Soft Reset and now the dialer should be the old CDMA one.

Probably only these are needed, so in the first test copy only these (if it is not enough add the .mui, soft reset):
phcanhtc.dll
phcanImages.dll
phcanImages2.dll
phcanrc.dll

Last edited by Monfro; 03-30-2011 at 05:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
Out of curiosity, go to the Comm Manager.
Go the the Wireless Controls option.
Click the bluetooth option (turn BT on if needed)
Click the Setting tab at the top (looks like gears)
Choose Advanced
Choose Audio

Is the box checked to send system sounds to the hands free device?
I wonder if this is causing the SMS alerts to be sent to the HF device.
That's usually the first thing I checked before I found your BTAG tool - which fixed the ringer sound routing. Un/checking made no difference. Apparently a few other folks too have to use your tool for the same reason. Again thanks for the time you spent on developing it.

It's been driving me nuts for a while with the notification sounds still routing through BT. Skimming back to the original Dec 2010 posts from you and other users, it seems a few others are having the same issues with notifications sounds. To me, it seems to stem from the fact these newer BT headsets profiles are HFP + A2DP. The fact they are also A2DP is causing all other sounds to be routed to it now. There's no way to just have the HFP on from the CommManager and disable A2DP. Using the BTAG tool to totally disable BAG (which sets "SupportedFeatures"=dword:0000000) does not help, as it only affects HFP. May have to hunt down AV/A2DP registry settings to see what else can be done... doing a quick google for this has not netted any useful any tips thus far.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
Old 03-30-2011, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, I cant find any settings for A2DP. I have the A2DP specs, and there is no mention of configurable options, either. It appears that 'device.exe' is in control of handling the A2DP stream. It must be deciding to send the sms alert to the HF device.

I did find some other settings that can be controlled (like sound quality, and AFH (Frequency Hopping). Also, part of the spec is that the phone can tell the headset when changes are made to the Supported Features. This 'notification' is off by default on my phone.

So, I will probably make a v1.1 of BTAG in the next day or so with some updates.
Anyone have any suggestions, send me a PM.

Sorry to NRG for hijacking his thread in the last few posts.
I will maybe start a new thread when I release the updated version of BTAG.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro View Post
Hi!!
Sorry if i am a little late
Laurentius26, Ultrashot and Cracing have solved all the issue of latest Leo Dialer in landscape:
Some testing (and maybe fixes) will be needed, but i think that 99% of the work is done.

If you want to install the old CDMA dialer in new roms, these are the files that needs to be copied with Total Commander in Windows directory:
(...snip...)
Appreciate the info Monfro. I started looking at your original .cab mod that's the basis for what NRGZ used. I began backtracking off that to determine which files needed to be touched and combined that with the diff output from the Kreb's diff tool. It matched up with the DLLs you listed, but the registry changes are another matter.

I won't have time to fully test this and eventually build a .cab til next week as work and travel have ramped again.

If someone else can verify that the landscape keypad .cab fix works, someone should kindly ask NRGZ to bake it in the next round of updates. Thanks in advanced to those that try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
(...snip...)
I did find some other settings that can be controlled (like sound quality, and AFH (Frequency Hopping). Also, part of the spec is that the phone can tell the headset when changes are made to the Supported Features. This 'notification' is off by default on my phone.

So, I will probably make a v1.1 of BTAG in the next day or so with some updates.
Anyone have any suggestions, send me a PM.

Sorry to NRG for hijacking his thread in the last few posts.
I will maybe start a new thread when I release the updated version of BTAG.
@longview - indeed a separate thread for your BTAG tool would be a good idea as others, even on non Energy ROMs, would benefit. I downloaded the various PDF specs from the BT SIG website and found about the same details you have so far.

Note though that it was not completely going off topic. Prior to upgrading my primary TP2 to Feb.27.2011, I was on a Oct.25.2010 (build 21683) Energy ROM with the same headset. Given the nearly same setup, the sound notifications were routing to the handset speaker and not my BT headset. So something in the Energy ROMs has changed in the past few releases/months... trying to pin that down was part of my inquiry and I was using the BTAG tool to help narrow down possible registry changes. It could be recent builds themselves and not necessarily registry settings, etc.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Heads up all you BT hangup fans .... Tweet from NRGZ that should make for interesting discussion!!!

Quote:
Also releasing new CDMA RHodium ROMs with a new bluetooth stack to address call hangup issues while using a headset.

*edit*
@NRGZ: thank you for taking the time to check this out for those of us affected by this issue!

Last edited by powinmo; 03-30-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:32 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Yep. The ROMs with the new stack will be labeled with a March 30th date. Please try and post in the thread your finds

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

statchmoe is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to statchmoe Send a message via Skype™ to statchmoe

I am coming back to NRG after about 6 months on vins rom... I was wondering... is there a cab to get the Sprint TV and Navigation menu items over here and working? Will vins cab work on NRG? Also, a major issue with vins rom was I could not get a full flash browser fully functional on vin... what about here? does the built in browser have full flash? or what are the best options?? Thanks for helping....
Old 03-31-2011, 02:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by statchmoe View Post
I am coming back to NRG after about 6 months on vins rom... I was wondering... is there a cab to get the Sprint TV and Navigation menu items over here and working? Will vins cab work on NRG? Also, a major issue with vins rom was I could not get a full flash browser fully functional on vin... what about here? does the built in browser have full flash? or what are the best options?? Thanks for helping....
Just click back here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-development/
hit the paperclip and you can download Sprint Nav/TV CABs there. Best options for flash would be Uzard browser..
uZard Web (mobile browser) - full internet access wherever and whenever you want
or trying this thread using Opera..
[PPC][PDA] Opera Mobile 10.3 [Flash finally working] - xda-developers
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA
Carrier: Orange

Monfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on repMonfro is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Appreciate the info Monfro. I started looking at your original .cab mod that's the basis for what NRGZ used. I began backtracking off that to determine which files needed to be touched and combined that with the diff output from the Kreb's diff tool. It matched up with the DLLs you listed, but the registry changes are another matter.
I have just dumped Sprint WWE 2.04.651.4 (the one with radio 2.32wf)
I am linking here the EXT packages:
- Phone Canvas Enhancement v4.2.54620113831.0
- Phone Canvas v5.30.0.0

Here you can find all the reg entries and all the files of the old CDMA dialer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development