PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

bugs9477 is keeping up the good workbugs9477 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjameson View Post
I'm having issues with Sense hanging for long periods -- sometimes several minutes. Other programs work just fine, since I can get the Start menu to come up. This happens fairly often. Makes me wish for a Restart Sense link in my Start menu.

Anyone else experiencing this?

VZW TP2, with 29005.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGlass.Dec.13, and MR3 upgrade.
Did you Task29 Or flash Carrier Stock Rom prior to the new rom?
Did you Wipe Device after NRGRom installed?
Did you run your Carrier Provision?
Did you OverClock?
Did you restore Previous settings from a backup?
What have you installed?

Remove your MicroSD (if you have one) and soft reset your device, set if the hanging continues!

Sorry is it like i posted here! http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2014730-post29240.html

Last edited by bugs9477; 12-16-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: windows mobile 6.5
Carrier: verizon

jefe_bru is a n00b
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 13| 21916|29005 * Sense 20

Quote:
I'm having issues with Sense hanging for long periods -- sometimes several minutes. Other programs work just fine, since I can get the Start menu to come up. This happens fairly often. Makes me wish for a Restart Sense link in my Start menu.

I have the same problem with sense hanging. Windows itself doesn't hang, I can still gain access to the quick menu. It pretty much renders the phone useless though. Started somewhere around the December 1st ROMS. Doesn't matter which flavor I chose....GTX, Christmas, etc. Someone earlier mentioned turning the display off and on using the button on top of the phone. I didn't think it would work, but it does!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe_bru View Post
I have the same problem with sense hanging. Windows itself doesn't hang, I can still gain access to the quick menu. It pretty much renders the phone useless though. Started somewhere around the December 1st ROMS. Doesn't matter which flavor I chose....GTX, Christmas, etc. Someone earlier mentioned turning the display off and on using the button on top of the phone. I didn't think it would work, but it does!
Most likely problems with your storage card. Take out the storage card and restart and see if things are better. Also make sure you have a "fast" storage card. I use a Class 6 and can tell a difference between it and the older class II that I used to use.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Johnhcfllc is a n00b

OK, maybe I missed it but... I have a TP2 on Boost Mobile. I flashed to your Energy ROM last night and it is AMAZING! This is my first Winmo phone and I am impressed!. I can't imagine the iPhone being better. That being said, I have 2 questions: 1) Is there a manual I can download or read so I know what my phone can do? It seems like this new ROM has 1,000's of things it can do, but I don't want to make a change that screws up the phone and then come back asking for help for a problem I caused due to not reading a manual. 2) I saw something saying Provisioning? Again, I am on Boost. Leave it alone or set it to Sprint? That is the type info I am looking for. Thanks in advance for all your help! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

FYI ...

NRGZ28 posted over on the XDA thread that his laptop is toast and probably no new ROMs for a bit (and probably why the twitter responses have sort of tapered off)...

xda-developers - View Single Post - r|MULTI LANG|Dec 13|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.Energy.¸¸.·´¯ 6.5|21916 / 6.5.X|29005 * Sense 2019

I'm heading over to my PP to send something his way... the guys over at XDA have started a fund raiser as well.

NRGZ28: PP Confirmation number: 7NN55659V8678925W

Last edited by powinmo; 12-16-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: added PP #
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I posted a week or so ago about people trying to automate the Start Menu layout changes to XDA_UC (and S4X users)... no one replied. Either way:

I have attached a zip file with:

1. modified .mscr files that NRGZ28 can use to replace his existing files when he cooks the next set of ROMs. It allows for the ability to do a silent install.

2. additional .mscr files to allow seamless automated installation of start menu layout changes, and will allow you to switch over to use the ROM .mscr files if NRGZ28 uptakes my proposed changes. Basically the thought is so you can always execute his most recent .mscr files without you having to check+copy+modify each time a new ROM comes out.

There is a readme.txt file in the zip file with instructions, my thoughts, etc.

I've tested against the 12/5/2010 and 12/13/2010 ROMs on my test TP2 device... comments/bugs are welcome.
Attached Files
File Type: zip powinmo-startmenu-scripts-v1.zip (11.9 KB, 69 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855
Carrier: Sprint

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
FYI ...

NRGZ28 posted over on the XDA thread that his laptop is toast and probably no new ROMs for a bit (and probably why the twitter responses have sort of tapered off)...

xda-developers - View Single Post - r|MULTI LANG|Dec 13|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.Energy.¸¸.·´¯ 6.5|21916 / 6.5.X|29005 * Sense 2019

I'm heading over to my PP to send something his way... the guys over at XDA have started a fund raiser as well.

NRGZ28: PP Confirmation number: 7NN55659V8678925W
Wow, that is some really bad news Kind of a jolt to think that there won't be new ROMs in a few days. Guess it wouldn't hurt for me to contribute a few bucks to the cause.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
anyone try installing CHTS 2.16 yet?

I just installed it on 23150 cht2.0 sencity and now Sense refuses to start. No home screen at all.

Removing CHTS 2.16 doesn't help either.

Guess I am stuck with Hard-Reset or Flash to newest 29005 ROM?
did you go into home to make sure that sense is marked, i use a weather program that shuts sense off and i have to go in and manually mark it for it to restart, just an idea before hard resetting.

Quote:

if i was you i would hard reset and see if that fixes your problems, if not i would flash back to stock rom and then flash to the custom rom you want and then hard reset and then the next time it comes up then start setting things up, along with that make sure that someone that your installing is not the problem, install one cab at a time and reset and make sure things work and then move on to the next cab, and like DaveTN said it could be your sd card also, pull everything off of it and reformat it and then put your stuff back on it and stick it back in your phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhcfllc View Post
OK, maybe I missed it but... I have a TP2 on Boost Mobile. I flashed to your Energy ROM last night and it is AMAZING! This is my first Winmo phone and I am impressed!. I can't imagine the iPhone being better. That being said, I have 2 questions: 1) Is there a manual I can download or read so I know what my phone can do? It seems like this new ROM has 1,000's of things it can do, but I don't want to make a change that screws up the phone and then come back asking for help for a problem I caused due to not reading a manual. 2) I saw something saying Provisioning? Again, I am on Boost. Leave it alone or set it to Sprint? That is the type info I am looking for. Thanks in advance for all your help! Merry Christmas!
check out the link below that i posted, it's a wiki page that has a lot of great information on it and links to other things that will give you more than enough information to flash, if you read it and still have questions feel free to ask them someone will point you in the right direction or answer your question, we were all new at once so don't be afraid to ask!

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...nergy_CDMA_ROM

Last edited by KIOWA69; 12-16-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhcfllc View Post
OK, maybe I missed it but... I have a TP2 on Boost Mobile.
2) I saw something saying Provisioning? Again, I am on Boost. Leave it alone or set it to Sprint?
I have a bunch of TP2s on Sprint and some on Boost. All using Energy ROMs. I'll assume you've searched + read the various posts on putting a Sprint TP2 on Boost. eg,
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...tp2-boost.html

I would recommend provisioning for Sprint and treating it as it was a Sprint phone. Since Boost is essentially a Sprint only network (debates of the finer points aside). Then apply the MMS changes per the thread above and as mentioned on some other forums/posts.

Other than that my Boost users have no issues once the MMS stuff was squared away. And they like the Energy setup vs the sub par stock Sprint ROMs.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
I posted a week or so ago about people trying to automate the Start Menu layout changes to XDA_UC (and S4X users)... no one replied. Either way:

I have attached a zip file with:

1. modified .mscr files that NRGZ28 can use to replace his existing files when he cooks the next set of ROMs. It allows for the ability to do a silent install.

2. additional .mscr files to allow seamless automated installation of start menu layout changes, and will allow you to switch over to use the ROM .mscr files if NRGZ28 uptakes my proposed changes. Basically the thought is so you can always execute his most recent .mscr files without you having to check+copy+modify each time a new ROM comes out.

There is a readme.txt file in the zip file with instructions, my thoughts, etc.

I've tested against the 12/5/2010 and 12/13/2010 ROMs on my test TP2 device... comments/bugs are welcome.
thanks that worked great! what othe scripts/xda_uc stuff do you have?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development