PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 08:35 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 4| 21914|24631 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana775 View Post
I'm still having the issue above on the latest 23*** cookie and I'm also having another issue. While using Excel, my phone will freeze up fairly often. Does anyone know if NRG is including a different version of Office or changed something with it? It was working perfectly up till after the Aug 25th versions. I could have lived with out hiding the column/row headers but the constant freezing is just annoying as he//.
Worthy of a NRG PM if you get no answer.. look in the change logs of the dates mentioned...
Old 09-16-2010, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

Iguana775 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 4| 21914|24631 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Worthy of a NRG PM if you get no answer.. look in the change logs of the dates mentioned...

Havent noticed anything in the change logs about Office. Guess I'll send him a PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:19 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliens50 View Post
Did some searching for status of Maxx battery saving cab, but not able to find what I'm looking for. I'm assuming some users apply his cab every flash, but I'm wondering how smoothly it's working with stereo BT. I remember seeing issues with the battery saving cab a few dozen (hundred?) pages back. I use my TP2 with stereo BT for music every day, so input is appreciated to avoid reflashing.

Also, anyone use the very latest Verizon VVM that was updated in MR2? I have the "VVM65_Pro_1.1.12.9.CAB", and tried a cab provided by llbored, but haven't found a stable cab of the latest version provided in MR2 (don't remember the latest version).

About to flash to sept 13th 23xxx cookie. Very excited to hear all the positive comments from the early flashers. Still running July 21st, but not for long!

Thanks guys!
if my memory serves me right he did have an issue with his cabs breaking bluetooth and then he deleted them and uploaded ones that worked, below is the link to his cabs from the paperclip as i couldnt find his actual post that he posted them in, so just search for his name and if they work thank him, if it doesnt work then all you have to do is uninstall the cab and things will return to normal after you soft reset. here's the link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment..._regedits2.cab
Old 09-16-2010, 09:22 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Great more details, but still haven't followed all steps. Have you reflashed July 12?! VERY IMPORTANT If that works, tell us EXACTLY which ROM worked (same as before) & which ones are failing (8th & 14th)

** edit ** >>off topic
FYI :>)) LOL, same day I'm trying to go to PPCGeeks rehab,

My "*ANDROID" linked post below in my sig: *ANDROID

just got STICKIED!!! :>)) Very HONORED! Especially by
[sammich]

⌥ ADHD Moderator ☢,
also bumped by
rstoyguy

SuperNoob

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-android-development/

YAHOOOO 1st sticky!! :>)) ...sorry very happy couldn't resist.. :>)))))))
congrats on getting that stickied bro!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Android Soldier

Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
Hey, welcome to the club! Not everyone on this thread is so hard on newcomers. Don't be afraid to ask questions again, usually everyone just wants to help. But if your : and / keys are switched, don't ask about that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Well said.

Most of are here to help not to hinder. We are all new to something at sometime.

It's just some people will ask a question that is either A. A dead horse beaten 1000 times (search easily pulls these up) B. Someone just asked it a post or so before. And these scenarios get a little perturbing to some more than others.

But yes WELCOME TO THE SICKNESS!!!
if you guys are talking about me at least say my name so everyone knows, look, yeah i kind of went off the other day, didn't mean for it to get all out of hand to where it would be talked about days later, hell i don't even remember what it was about now that's how important it was, life goes on and I'm sorry if i hurt someones feelings, and i think that i have contributed more than i have screwed up around here so i figure that I'm allowed a bad day now and then. anything further about the subject should be pm'd to me and not in the room pls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
Hello, I have a suggestion for many (so I can feel I can contribute something) and a couple of questions.
Questions,
-I have the 24634 GTX ROM, I usually have 60 MB RAM free after reboot, I clean the old text messages and have one stock walpaper for everything (the one with a few grass heads). Is that normal? Is it low enough to make my phone run slow? It runs a little slow, but I am not sure how much faster it should run compared to the stock rom.
-I had the registry modified on the stock rom and the tethering worked fine. now I can't tether, the Network box only has the None option and the connect button is grayed. I can't find any old post about it, maybe I don't know how to search. Can anybody please give me the link to where it explains how to fix it?

Overall, it works fine, I miss not having the printing program to connect to the bluetooth printer, there's probably one out there that I need to find. But the phone sometimes still crashes, sometimes freezes and sometimes just runs too slow. So, being windows, the best is to restart and everything fixed. I have a case to protect it that is a pain to take out to be able to take out the battery. So I drilled a small hole on the side of the battery cover (first), and then one on the side of the protective case, so I can just press the reset button with a paper clip or a pin without removing anything. here are some pictures, I thought it might help others with the same issue, saves a lot of time every time you have to reset. (some of you are smart and can make software, some of us can only drill holes on our phones)
Cheers and thanks to everybody who answers questions and to our master Chef!
60mb is quiet a bit after a reboot so i wouldn't expect it to be choppy and run like crap, i would let the rom "settle in" for a little while and then see how things run, also i use and suggest to use cleanram and you can set it up on a schedule to run and it cleans up the rom throughout the day, if you can't find it let us know and someone will link you to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelermon View Post
White drains the battery much faster then black.
The GTX Themed is cool, but it must drain the battery faster then any other theme.
Has anyone noticed the difference?
yeah bro that stuff will drain it more quickly, that's why you should dim the screen more and set it to shut off quicker, unless of course your not worried about the battery use, you get the best experience with all the toys on but we pay the price by quick battery drain, we all have to find our "sweet spot".
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855
Carrier: Sprint

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
if you guys are talking about me at least say my name so everyone knows, look, yeah i kind of went off the other day, didn't mean for it to get all out of hand to where it would be talked about days later, hell i don't even remember what it was about now that's how important it was, life goes on and I'm sorry if i hurt someones feelings, and i think that i have contributed more than i have screwed up around here so i figure that I'm allowed a bad day now and then. anything further about the subject should be pm'd to me and not in the room pls.
Not you, I was talking about myself in that post. I had laughed at the guy for asking if anyone else had a problem with bluetooth. I should have been more helpful and was just trying to say that I will try to do better. Keep up the good work helping people Kiowa.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 [SPRINT]
Carrier: Sprint

3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular3matthew3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Currently running Aug 22 23xxx Cookie PP:12

Kinda on the fence about upgrading to Sept 13 [Aug 22 is running so nicely]... so I decided I would try something new and if it failed horribly that I would flash to 9/13. Took the advice from a couple dozen pages back about Start Menu Removal / Replacement.

xda-developers - View Single Post - |MULTI LANG|BLAC|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Must say that if you follow the instructions and install the cabs, it really does work like a charm. I currently boot with 92mb free and after running for awhile, idle at about 85-87mb free. Start menu replacement is really decent too. [actually kinda prefer it to the regular one] Hardware windows key brings up new menu correctly also. Sense seems a bit zippier and programs do not close due to memory anymore.

Definitely adding this mod to my flashing routine. I TOTALLY recommend giving it a shot. [especially if you use CHT for the quicklinks mainly anyways]

Much thanks to the poster of that XDA link awhile back.

Attached a pic of my hometab with the start menu open, if you wanna check it out.

3matthew3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2.jpg (10.7 KB, 65 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3matthew3 View Post

Kinda on the fence about upgrading to Sept 13 [Aug 22 is running so nicely]... so I decided I would try something new and if it failed horribly that I would flash to 9/13. Took the advice from a couple dozen pages back about Start Menu Removal / Replacement.

xda-developers - View Single Post - |MULTI LANG|BLAC|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Must say that if you follow the instructions and install the cabs, it really does work like a charm. I currently boot with 92mb free and after running for awhile, idle at about 85-87mb free. Start menu replacement is really decent too. [actually kinda prefer it to the regular one] Hardware windows key brings up new menu correctly also. Sense seems a bit zippier and programs do not close due to memory anymore.

Definitely adding this mod to my flashing routine. I TOTALLY recommend giving it a shot. [especially if you use CHT for the quicklinks mainly anyways]

Attached a pic of my hometab with the start menu open, if you wanna check it out.

3matthew3
I went ahead and flashed the 9/13. Its just as stable and battery life is a little better but its definitely not as smooth as 8/22, startin to get a little lag. I been debatin whether to give that a try but from ur screen shot I might!! It really reminds me of the start menu from my palm treo 700WX (great phone, great memories)
Old 09-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3matthew3 View Post

3matthew3
You read my mind. I was going to ask if there was a screenshot and there you have it...
Thanks...and thanked.

David
Old 09-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
Not you, I was talking about myself in that post. I had laughed at the guy for asking if anyone else had a problem with bluetooth. I should have been more helpful and was just trying to say that I will try to do better. Keep up the good work helping people Kiowa.
i apologize i thought you was talking about when i went off the other day lol, was just one of those days, we all have them lol. anyways thanks bro.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development