PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

So I dropped my phone...
It still works, It just does this weird thing when I move out the keyboard it hangs. If I put it back, it returns to normal. If I flip it up, back to normal. Just when it is out and flat. Being the prepared guy I am, I have a backup phone. Loaded the Jun 1 185 ROM on it. Pretty much good to go. I had forgotten all the steps I do to get it just right, but I'm back on the wagon now. I had been so long without having to reflash....

Still no decent Verizon windows phones. I'm just gonna wait till windows 8.

There was a notification update that allowed better notifications (pop up) Anyone remember where that was?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:59 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

TP2 lives on!

Still have 3 going. Just added the 3rd this year... had to do the retentions route because of my old plan. 10 buxs... add a line. All 3 are way out of contract.

Good to see some life still here. Cant remember keyder & dont think i ever put that in the wiki...
Someone a couple pages back was asking about wifi & screen off & then mentioned screen on in case... play around with "battclock" its got tons of stuff. I use it cause my ear causes light sensor to turn on while in call & my ear always puts phone in airplane mode... hanging up calls. I use battclock to disable light/prox sensor & i push the power button on a call to save battery... u can also mess with lockscreen settings in there.. this is the updated ver of touch lock pro...

Still cracks me up thinking about the hundreds and hundreds of hours spent in here & TP & Mogul threads..

still at 122 mb of RAM, Over Clocked at 749, IPT, with sense as an icon if the urg hits... of course sd droid still just 2 icon pushes away, clock down, haret

wife still likes SPB, a icon push from IPT..

still looking for something these new droid phones can do that mine cant... hahaha nothing

should we start talking about a reunion rom again? )

live well & prosper

post via tp2 (like so many before)

p.s. i see ppcgeeks still logs u out while typing... still have 2 open a 2nd tab, login, goto 1st & post again... lol

Last edited by teradog; 05-05-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

deuce01 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Well, I've finally jumped ship and landed on Windows Phone 7.5. I bought a Trophy on eBay and am very pleased with the added features and overall UI. Now I'm just waiting on VZW to release something worth signing a contract for.

In the meantime, I'm going to sell my old TP2 running Dinik and am getting ready to put it on eBay. If any of you out there are still rocking the TP2 and need a backup or extra, let me know and we can work out a deal. Just post here or send me a PM.

Thanks for all the support and good luck to everyone.

Deuce
Old 05-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Always looking for a backup.,

VZW's got nothing worth signing for. I keep waiting and hoping....

Reunion ROM would be great. Let me find the list of changes I recommended with input from the community.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: adnorid
Carrier: ppcgeeks

kevinbruce is a n00b

Chainfire's Turbo 3d drivers
Cookie's Hometab 1.8.5 (only in Spike's GTX Albino Perfection)
CHTEditor 1.8.5.1 (only in Spike's GTX Albino Perfection)
HTC Oboe Commmanager (9 button/3G/updated WLAN and WifiAdvanced)
HTC Oboe Cyberon Voicespeeddial (ported and translated from Chinees by me)
HTC Oboe Voicerecorder
HTC Oboe Mp3Trimmer
HTC Oboe Audiobooster
HTC Oboe FM Radio
HTC Oboe device setup
HTC Oboe Lockscreen
HTC Oboe FM radio (new style)
HTC Messaging Client 2018.3727 (with secure inbox)
Dotfred's Taskmanager v3.3.0.1
Digital Compass (old style with destination button)
eT9MyWords
Googlemaps v.4.1.0
Incall record
MS Marketplace (1.2.1422.0000_010410)
Office Mobile 2010 (MS Sharepoint, MS Powerpoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS OneNote)
Opera (tweaked plus zoomslider)
UC NET (User customise during device setup or later)
NETCF 3.5
Worldcard (Business card reader)
HTC Flashlight (no demo)
Reset button
Bluetooth Toggle
Wifi Toggle
Enter boot
Bubble Breaker
Old 05-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

deuce01 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce01 View Post
Well, I've finally jumped ship and landed on Windows Phone 7.5. I bought a Trophy on eBay and am very pleased with the added features and overall UI. Now I'm just waiting on VZW to release something worth signing a contract for.

In the meantime, I'm going to sell my old TP2 running Dinik and am getting ready to put it on eBay. If any of you out there are still rocking the TP2 and need a backup or extra, let me know and we can work out a deal. Just post here or send me a PM.

Deuce
For anyone interested, here's a link to the auction on eBay.

HTC Touch Pro 2 XV6875 - Black (Verizon) Smartphone 044476810473 | eBay
Old 05-14-2012, 02:58 PM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
TP2 lives on!

Still have 3 going. Just added the 3rd this year... had to do the retentions route because of my old plan. 10 buxs... add a line. All 3 are way out of contract.

Good to see some life still here. Cant remember keyder & dont think i ever put that in the wiki...
Someone a couple pages back was asking about wifi & screen off & then mentioned screen on in case... play around with "battclock" its got tons of stuff. I use it cause my ear causes light sensor to turn on while in call & my ear always puts phone in airplane mode... hanging up calls. I use battclock to disable light/prox sensor & i push the power button on a call to save battery... u can also mess with lockscreen settings in there.. this is the updated ver of touch lock pro...

Still cracks me up thinking about the hundreds and hundreds of hours spent in here & TP & Mogul threads..

still at 122 mb of RAM, Over Clocked at 749, IPT, with sense as an icon if the urg hits... of course sd droid still just 2 icon pushes away, clock down, haret

still looking for something these new droid phones can do that mine cant... hahaha nothing

live well & prosper

p.s. i see ppcgeeks still logs u out while typing... still have 2 open a 2nd tab, login, goto 1st & post again... lol
Wow, you and your peeps are still kicking it here?! I joined the Android army last October. That was right after I attended a Windows Phone 7.5 launch event in Boston and decided WP wasn't for me (way too simplified). I found a guy on Craigslist who offered to trade his Nexus S 4G for my TP2 + $100. I did shed a couple tears but once I started flashing ROMs and discovered the joys of flashing kernels, it's been a sweet orgy of Ice Cream Sandwich, WiMax, and apps galore. Granted the NS4G isn't a fast phone. But the price was right and getting it used allowed me to finish my contract with Sprint so I now have the freedom to switch carrier. Or not. The Evo 4G LTE looks real nice...but I might want to wait for GSIII.

I won't go into what Android can do that WM can't It's different. (Not to mention night and day from running it under haret). All the cool kids are here! When you're ready to join us, do a pimbackup (no compression) and then you'll be able to transfer all your SMS/contacts into Android.

If you're scared and need some hand-holding, I am here for you buddy!!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Wirelessly posted (HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7373 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC)/UC Browser7.8.0.95)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbruce

Chainfire's Turbo 3d drivers
Cookie's Hometab 1.8.5 (only in Spike's GTX Albino Perfection)
CHTEditor 1.8.5.1 (only in Spike's GTX Albino Perfection)
HTC Oboe Commmanager (9 button/3G/updated WLAN and WifiAdvanced)
HTC Oboe Cyberon Voicespeeddial (ported and translated from Chinees by me)
HTC Oboe Voicerecorder
HTC Oboe Mp3Trimmer
HTC Oboe Audiobooster
HTC Oboe FM Radio
HTC Oboe device setup
HTC Oboe Lockscreen
HTC Oboe FM radio (new style)
HTC Messaging Client 2018.3727 (with secure inbox)
Dotfred's Taskmanager v3.3.0.1
Digital Compass (old style with destination button)
eT9MyWords
Googlemaps v.4.1.0
Incall record
MS Marketplace (1.2.1422.0000_010410)
Office Mobile 2010 (MS Sharepoint, MS Powerpoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS OneNote)
Opera (tweaked plus zoomslider)
UC NET (User customise during device setup or later)
NETCF 3.5
Worldcard (Business card reader)
HTC Flashlight (no demo)
Reset button
Bluetooth Toggle
Wifi Toggle
Enter boot
Bubble Breaker
I see a few things on this list I want to know more about.

MS Marketplace, I assume you do not mean that anymore
Secure inbox? what's that?

FM Radio, The CDMA version of the phone does not have one.

Commanager? can I get that separately to try?

Voice Speed Dial?

I mentioned before that I am on my backup phone. Well now my usb port has gone wonky. I was digging some jammed stuff out of it and the last pin on the right top side is gone. Stuffed up into the jack. Question. Does anyone fix these? The only effect is the *some* not all usb chargers do not work. Strange. Why would that be. Some motorola chargers work, some do not. HTC chargers work, and USB cables to PC work.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Wirelessly posted (HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7373 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC)/UC Browser7.8.0.95)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce01
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce01 View Post

Deuce
For anyone interested, here's a link to the auction on eBay.

HTC Touch Pro 2 XV6875 - Black (Verizon) Smartphone 044476810473 | eBay
Rats, now I see this posting. and I need a tp 2. I wonder if an arrive can be made to work on Verizon with winmo 6.5.3
Old 05-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
TP2 lives on!

live well & prosper

Wow, you and your peeps are still kicking it here?! I joined the Android army last October. That was right after I attended a Windows Phone 7.5 launch event in Boston and decided WP wasn't for me (way too simplified). I found a guy on Craigslist who offered to trade his Nexus S 4G for my TP2 + $100. I did shed a couple tears but once I started flashing ROMs and discovered the joys of flashing kernels, it's been a sweet orgy of Ice Cream Sandwich, WiMax, and apps galore. Granted the NS4G isn't a fast phone. But the price was right and getting it used allowed me to finish my contract with Sprint so I now have the freedom to switch carrier. Or not. The Evo 4G LTE looks real nice...but I might want to wait for GSIII.

I won't go into what Android can do that WM can't It's different. (Not to mention night and day from running it under haret). All the cool kids are here! When you're ready to join us, do a pimbackup (no compression) and then you'll be able to transfer all your SMS/contacts into Android.

If you're scared and need some hand-holding, I am here for you buddy!!
i am scared. Scared of losing a hardware keyboard. Scared of washing all my data via google. Scared of no more usb or bluetooth syncing. I'm terrified. I like it here. Hold me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development