PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 07:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunnel View Post
Is there a new update in the works? Last one I see is from July 8th. FYI, since this update was installed, my camera has behaved strangely and has often locked up the phone.
Latest ROM is July 4th I believe. I use the camera all the time with no issues on use the July4.CHT185 ROM. However, I've seen posts from others using the Titanium release having possible camera issues. You did not list which ROM variant you are on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
What's up fellow geekers, I see that all is pretty quiet on the homefront here. Things good with everyone? Going ok here, getting ready to move from TN to FL for a job, sounds like fun huh, not lol.
Good luck and safe travels on your move.

Moving is never fun, especially if you are now doing it as a civilian. Back in the day having the military pay for and handle our moves at least took some of the pressure off the family - in an odd way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I was unfaithful. I tried Sharkie ROM. I love the format of the phone and some of the details. But it's kinda unstable for me. Lot's of problems. I will be coming back....
Sharkie put a lot of effort in to his ROMs. Very nice gentleman when it came to custom cabs, requests and most fixes. Tried his ROM for a short while on my test unit, but ended up running Android instead I still prefer NRGZ ROMs for my main TP2 and the other units I support as I've invested too much time in to my XDAUC setups for it lol.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
Old 09-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I was getting weird problems on Sharkie. One day my phone would not operate as a phone. I could get text messages, but I couldn't launch cprog. Reboot did nothing. I had to hard reset. Every now and then I would get lockups as well. Plus I had a weird problem with mail. It was really slow. It was not processor load, it just took forever to load. I reflashed with July 4 6.5.x, cookie 1.8.5. I do not have the paitence for the cookie 2.0 problem with dancing links. DRM Does not seem to be working on this ROM. it worked on the June 1st ROM. Hmm.. I'll check the wiki.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
Good luck and safe travels on your move.

Moving is never fun, especially if you are now doing it as a civilian. Back in the day having the military pay for and handle our moves at least took some of the pressure off the family - in an odd way.
Thanks! Yeah the job is paying for the move so that does help out, and I get to keep the last move from the Army as a back-up in case I want to move again later, can delay it for up to 5 years. Not really the move that's stressful, it's the changing of jobs after doing something for 20 years, the move, civilian life, the extra money it's going to take to move and get this house sold and buy another one, I know it will work out but it's just getting to that point that's stressful.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

newmant is keeping up the good worknewmant is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
Hey newmant. Honestly I've never bothered with the boot aniimations. So can't help you there. However, I remember seeing a nice tutorial over at XDA...

[TUT][RHOD] How to create custom boot splash? [UPDATED 04-06-2011]

Hope that helps! Good luck and let us know how it turns out...
Hello Powinmo

Thanks for the link, didn't really cover much on the boot animation, but after reading through it I think I would need to learn how to create .nbh files. (I did try to replace the "stock" animation file by overwriting it with my file but it didn't work as I think my file is still to large) Anyway I'm not going to do much more about it right now anyway, since you should really only see the boot animation one every blue moon, just thought it would be cool to see someting I created playing on my phone.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

kasim is keeping up the good workkasim is keeping up the good workkasim is keeping up the good work

Hi guys,
something wrong with my new flash

used to have 29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jul.04
but then i flashed to 21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jul.04

as usual task29, Flash, >Wipe device.

today from 9am until 1pm with 10-15min on the phone i got 55% left on my battery

no emails push or twitter or anything that would suck power

Now i start looking at the home screen, and i see that my icons EV keep changing every 10-15 sec to 1x

Does any1 know what's going on?

or
i should reflash.

Thanx All
Old 09-19-2011, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasim View Post
Hi guys,
something wrong with my new flash

used to have 29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jul.04
but then i flashed to 21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jul.04

as usual task29, Flash, >Wipe device.

today from 9am until 1pm with 10-15min on the phone i got 55% left on my battery

no emails push or twitter or anything that would suck power

Now i start looking at the home screen, and i see that my icons EV keep changing every 10-15 sec to 1x

Does any1 know what's going on?

or
i should reflash.

Thanx All
Hello Kasim

I would try reflashing again - also if you are useing PIM Backup, Fav people backup and especially UDA UC you may want to NOT use them to reset everything on the 21916 ROM coming from the 29022 ROM not really sure this is the problem, but I've noticed that the ROM can be very finicky when adding and changing cabs so going from 29022 to 21916 may not work well when restoring your settings (one other thing you didn't mention if you installed any cabs after you flashed to 21916 ) and the last thing maybe the radio version, I was getting dropped calls all day long about three days ago, so I reflashed and didn't install anything for about 6 hours, then I did my PIM, FAV restore and things are working much better.
I'm on Energy.RHODCDMA.29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jul.04 ROM (I don't use UDA UC at all) and I'm now over clocking at 729.6 with WIMOspeed

Hope this helps.

You also should remove all the stock "Stocks Listings" as these can create problems.

Something I noticed useing CHT 2.0 - if you go into CHTeditor and edit your pages & levels, then change your Home Swipe levels to Lowest 0 and your Widget Pages (portrait) to 3, then go to Edit Home Layout (be on Level 0) and edit Extra Space - slide right and delete all the widgets - then slide all the way left and you will find a rouge widget for restart in the upper left corner (once I deleted this I havent had any problems with widets moving around randomly in 2.0 - just thought I would let people know about it, since you won't see it unless you set up the CHTeditor pages & levels and delete the toggle switch widgets (which will have moved into the extra space area) the way I stated above.)

if someone can bring this to NRGZ attention to see if he can get rid of it and flash another ROM that would be great.
Thanks

Last edited by newmant; 09-19-2011 at 07:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kasim is keeping up the good workkasim is keeping up the good workkasim is keeping up the good work

^ the only thing i've restored PIM contacts nothing else.
no UDA.
no CHT
Only 1 app installed GVV(google voice), but it's not running in background.
Also first thing i do, i remove unused tabs, i only have 5 tabs(home,contacts,sms,email,settings) no other crap

Once i start playing with Data config app, turn everything off.
Icons changing stopped, so must be something that were using data connections.

Thanx for reply !

Last edited by kasim; 09-19-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasim View Post
^ the only thing i've restored PIM contacts nothing else.
no UDA.
no CHT
Only 1 app installed GVV(google voice), but it's not running in background.
Also first thing i do, i remove unused tabs, i only have 5 tabs(home,contacts,sms,email,settings) no other crap

Once i start playing with Data config app, turn everything off.
Icons changing stopped, so must be something that were using data connections.

Thanx for reply !
Good to hear your working thru it, you may still want to remove all the stock listings from the stock tab before you remove the tab (as I know this really made my data connection do funny things and it still may be messing with the data connection even though you removed the tab) just a thought.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmant View Post
Good to hear your working thru it, you may still want to remove all the stock listings from the stock tab before you remove the tab (as I know this really made my data connection do funny things and it still may be messing with the data connection even though you removed the tab) just a thought.
After boot at start sucking battery again.
Flushing again
will Remove stocks now.

This will be last chance, then going back to 29022 CHT 1.8.5

Update:
Oh, totally forgot, i didn't do Sprint provisioning.
I will try with this Flash. I hope this was it.

Thanx Mate.

Last edited by kasim; 09-20-2011 at 11:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmant View Post

Something I noticed useing CHT 2.0 - if you go into CHTeditor and edit your pages & levels, then change your Home Swipe levels to Lowest 0 and your Widget Pages (portrait) to 3, then go to Edit Home Layout (be on Level 0) and edit Extra Space - slide right and delete all the widgets - then slide all the way left and you will find a rouge widget for restart in the upper left corner (once I deleted this I havent had any problems with widets moving around randomly in 2.0 - just thought I would let people know about it, since you won't see it unless you set up the CHTeditor pages & levels and delete the toggle switch widgets (which will have moved into the extra space area) the way I stated above.)

if someone can bring this to NRGZ attention to see if he can get rid of it and flash another ROM that would be great.
Thanks
Are you kidding me? Is this really a fix for the CHT2000 widget dance? How come no one else has mentioned this? Anyone else try this technique? I'll flash back to a cht2000 rom if it's true.

Also, Update DRM is not supported in the new ROMS. It last worked for me in on the June 1 rom.

I changed my spacing in the quick menu, (Start menu replacement) The spacing works so much better at every setting but the default one NRG Flashes at. Recommendation for NRG to change the spacing to something else. I use 20 and it's so finger friendly.

There might be enough here to squeeze out another ROM.
Working DRM.
Without MyPhone,
with updated settings for Quick Menu.
Updated Version of MyMobiler
A direct link to BT Manager, and eT9mywords

I would recommend the following apps
UC Browser
FlashLight
BattClock
BTAG
GibbsUSA Auto Reset

I am pleased with the July 4th ROM. But if I flash again. I will have to go back to a DRM Capable ROM. I miss my overdrive. Free audio books.
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development