PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 03:30 AM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayse View Post
That worked great.. Thanks for the tip..

Now if I can figure out why sometimes.. i dont have data.. that would solve my issues.
Ever since Big Red changed the Alltel-Sprint Roaming agreement and the subsequent PRL's were rolled out, I have had very spotty Data on Sprint.

Not sure when you started having your data just randomly cut out, but I think it may also have to do with tower over load. More frustrating than anything.
I have been using the quick-short cut to kill data to restart my EV-DO.(Long Press on the End Key brings up the quick menu with Terminate Data-Connection)

Slacker signing-out and or Data terminating is driving me crazy when I am streaming it on the bike and/or driving hooked up through the Aux.

(And I just spent a grip getting a proper Aux input on my 05 Rover, Struggle...)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano3113 View Post
Ever since Big Red changed the Alltel-Sprint Roaming agreement and the subsequent PRL's were rolled out, I have had very spotty Data on Sprint.
Many of the recent PRL changes I looked at for areas that were former Alltel have gotten hosed on the data side based on the PRL change analysis from some user on howardforums... so I'm not surprised someone else is seeing this too and you are on the other side of the country from me.

Verizon buying alltel I knew was bad news for Sprint back when it happened. If ATT is allowed to buy Tmobile, stuff like this is NOT get better.

All we can do is see if the other smaller regionals play along with Sprint and do not allow big red to pull another alltel (eg, with ntelos).
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
I havent been around lately... What's new guys ? Any reason for me to update the ROM here ? Any glaring bugs moving around ?
My only odd minor item:

If a TP2 or even my TMO HD2 is left in airplane mode for an extended period of time, the ceipui.exe - the microsoft experience junk - will sometimes run. I checked my registry settings, etc to make sure it matches what other posts I saw to disable it. Could not find a way to make it stop on the July 4 1.85 cookie roms.

Maybe it's something I'm installing (but my install procedures have not deviated much in the past 5 months of ROM builds) but from what I read, this stuff is not even needed on the rom right?

Thanks again for checking in on us!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post

I'd DL & flash 3 diff Roms, Energy standard, any Cookie ROM & titanium. Test each of those for charging. It takes me less than 15 min to DL, unzip & burn a ROM. DO NOT INSTALL ANY CABS prior to testing the ROM, don't even change the page pool! In fact pull your SD card out for the entire process.
@OP - Definitely eliminate its a ROM or CAB issue like teradog mentioned. Run one of the energy ROMS totally virgin for a while and see if it still happens. I have his ROMs on almost a dozen TP2 units with no charging issues, but mileage varies of course.

@teradog glad to see you still around
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2 #2
Carrier: boost

jcthelight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
You've now done much of what's outlined under "problems" in wiki.
A couple other notes...
Of the 32,000 posts just in this thread, it's no coincidence that typically if you're the only one reporting an issue... can be safe saying it's 99.99% chance it's on your end, not the ROM. But, still needs to be trouble shot for it to work for you.... I understand.

I'd DL & flash 3 diff Roms, Energy standard, any Cookie ROM & titanium. Test each of those for charging. It takes me less than 15 min to DL, unzip & burn a ROM. DO NOT INSTALL ANY CABS prior to testing the ROM, don't even change the page pool! In fact pull your SD card out for the entire process.

Good luck, let us know how that goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NEWS: ck home pg of ppcgeeks! [UPDATE] iPhone 5 going to Sprint!?!? T-Mobile Too!!

wowsers...
Also, Steve Jobs... iByeBye :>))

Ok I flashed a cookie, titanium and maxsense rom all from the first page and none charged. Thanks
Old 09-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayse View Post
Hi,
I am on the latest version of energy rom and i love it. My issue is that every now and then, data refuses to connect. The indicators on the top right, say its EVDO and that data is on, but i cant get on to a web page and my weather doesnt even work..

This doesnt happen always, but every once in a while, Try to soft reset and it doesnt help. But then somehow it magically comes back..

My yahoo stock quotes however never work. Can anyone help?
I roam a lot and I have the data not connecting problem from time to time. I used to use the data disconnect mentioned, but found sometimes it locks my phone. Here is what I do now. I just phone myself. Sounds funny but I noticed if my data was not working and I got a phone call, after the call it worked. So i set myself up on a speed dial and when data is broke I call myself wait to connect and hang up. Seems to work every time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way, have you gone to start>settings>connections>connections>manage conections>edit and entered your 10 diget phone number as user name and password (domain blank)? It helps for some reason.

Last edited by swlaraut; 09-03-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Here is a winmo story that will make you laugh. Actually as I mention earlier Microsoft has a 100% record of misjudging the mobile market lately and here they go again. One of the problems with 7 mobile is the screen sizes available, so I was excited when I got an email from them telling me about the new "titan" 7 phone. A huge 4.7 inch screen and a 1.5 gig processor. I thought "now thats the ticket, I might even consider switching to one of theres". So I followed the "buy link" (which I include for your amusement) and it asked me to select my carriers. Naturally mine was not there, so I chose sprint and low they did not have it available. To make a short story long, I followed all the carrier links, and none had the phone. Leave it to MS to release a new phone you cant even get, but its "coming soon" Every one is good for something, even if its a bad example lol.

Compare Windows 7 Phones | Windows Mobile Phones | Windows Phone 7

Last edited by swlaraut; 09-03-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Here is a winmo story that will make you laugh. Actually as I mention earlier Microsoft has a 100% record of misjudging the mobile market lately and here they go again. One of the problems with 7 mobile is the screen sizes available, so I was excited when I got an email from them telling me about the new "titan" 7 phone. A huge 4.7 inch screen and a 1.5 gig processor. I thought "now thats the ticket, I might even consider switching to one of theres". So I followed the "buy link" (which I include for your amusement) and it asked me to select my carriers. Naturally mine was not there, so I chose sprint and low they did not have it available. To make a short story long, I followed all the carrier links, and none had the phone. Leave it to MS to release a new phone you cant even get, but its "coming soon" Every one is good for something, even if its a bad example lol.

Compare Windows 7 Phones | Windows Mobile Phones | Windows Phone 7
I am watching for the Titan on Verizon as well. The one thing that bugs me about it is the big screen but still 800 x 480 resolution. seems to be kind of a waste of such a big screen. That large of a screen I would think they could up the resolution (would love to see a true 720p resolution but I know that is dreaming).
Least there is something of WP7 I am looking forward to.
So here is to hoping and waiting....all notes I have been able to find is Titan to release on carriers no earlier than October...but again, not list of what carriers it will list on.
I too say an Amazon link to buy the phone ($800+ to outright purchase I believe) but no carrier actually had the phone....not sure why it was listed for sale on Amazon then.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 09-04-2011, 05:04 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthelight View Post
Ok I flashed a cookie, titanium and maxsense rom all from the first page and none charged. Thanks
wow, been so long, thought u fixed it...
sorry just cant believe its not a hardware/usb issue. all but one of my tp2 replacements have been bad usb port, usually starts with charging issues. very intermittant @ 1st, some new usb cables working better (newer) than others.

id have 2 question ur tests... how long r u running a rom? 2 days? does the stock rom charge perfect for at least 24 hrs? if u wiggle usb/ ch positions a bunch, does the light go on& off?

summarize issue again plz
===============================

ppcfreak & swlaraut: thanks... would LOVE a 4.7" has to b the biggest yet right?
what ive been waiting 4. only question now for me is the app market!... hmmmm 1/4 million 4 droid & iPhone... & since M$ made 7 non bkward compatable... daaa, almost no apps!
Old 09-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2 #2
Carrier: boost

jcthelight is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
wow, been so long, thought u fixed it...
sorry just cant believe its not a hardware/usb issue. all but one of my tp2 replacements have been bad usb port, usually starts with charging issues. very intermittant @ 1st, some new usb cables working better (newer) than others.

id have 2 question ur tests... how long r u running a rom? 2 days? does the stock rom charge perfect for at least 24 hrs? if u wiggle usb/ ch positions a bunch, does the light go on& off?

summarize issue again plz
===============================

ppcfreak & swlaraut: thanks... would LOVE a 4.7" has to b the biggest yet right?
what ive been waiting 4. only question now for me is the app market!... hmmmm 1/4 million 4 droid & iPhone... & since M$ made 7 non bkward compatable... daaa, almost no apps!
No I didn't fix it went back to stock rom. But I did notice that when i flashed to the other roms it wouldn't even charge when off. The only way to charge was thru the pc. The stock rom charges fine tho.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development