PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 11:29 AM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

LOL.. So true...

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MrAWD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I am not sure if this is a known issue or not, but after installing the latest Energy image, my phone goes into some strange state after a while (while is a few hours or so) and displays just big digital clock picture at the top, without anything else on the page. I still have a start button and phone is still able to call and receive calls, but I loose most of the icons below the clock. Also, those that I can see, are shifted to the half of each so I can see two pages with half the content from each one.

I went back to my original image from October of 2010 and everything is working fine few days later!

Thanks!

Fedja
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Only issue I see is the random lock up of the device when in camera mode and taking multiple pictures. This seems to be on the titanium roms (personally running 29022 Titanium with Iphone Today).

Other then that, it seems to be almost perfect.....

Really wish MS had continued to develope the WM6.5.x versions....love the additions they had been adding in the different flavors.

And thanks to Nrgz for making the TP2 last as long as it has....(and other Dev's as well). Without the custom ROMs I feel that I would have moved from TP2 long ago.

Can't say thanks enough.....

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 08-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 Verizon
Carrier: Mobifone VN

loithuxua is a n00b

I love=D> Energy roms but there are some things I never use and never wish them to be included in the rom:

This is just just my very own idea! they are the very first things I try to hide or delete as soon as the phone boots for the first time, I want to get rid of them as soon as possible.

Stock, I don't understand and don't care, funny to be a man like me living in this modern world without having the least knowledge of stock exchange. No money to invest. LOL

Marketplace: I never use any thing from this place. If I want sth I get it this way that way....just the best ones not the trial.

Voice mail never never use .

Twitter had an account but never use as all of my friends and ...use facebook.

MP3 trimmer I can't think of a case I need to trim sth, waste of time

Last edited by loithuxua; 08-27-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

use this tool to edit the rom before flashing it.

WP7 Rom Tools by AnDim - xda-developers

Delete out the marketplace, MP3 Trimmer, Voice mail related files......

Then you can flash the rom.

This will save space as well.

Been doing this for a while. I normally rip out Palringo and replace a few files. Been adding in FieldTest.exe into the ROM as well.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post

Been doing this for a while. I normally rip out Palringo and replace a few files. Been adding in FieldTest.exe into the ROM as well.

tytyty ill have to give this a go, love the 6.5 (NOT 6.5.x) rom but got some apps that I would rather not see... AT ALL.. :P (10~ last time i was on my TP2 a few months ago)

Old 08-28-2011, 07:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 Verizon
Carrier: Mobifone VN

loithuxua is a n00b

Big thanks to you for the link you provided.

My favorite rom is the Energy RHODCDMA.29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGlass.Jul. 04.
[To the builder of the Energy rom: Please don't misunderstand what I do to your rom, I just modify it the way I want it to be on my phone]
So I use htcRIE_0.7.0.46 to delete a lot of things I don't need and the RHODIMG.nbh 220,324 KB becomes 207,190KB, lighter though not much. I guess I still need to delete some more files left but now I'm so happy with the modified rom as I don't have to see what I don't use.

I have tried to search and delete the main files and the related files as listed below (as much as I see):

Marketplace - never buy or try anything from this market!
MP3 Trimmer - never trim anything
Opera 9.7 - I am going to install version 10 and set it as default browser (I guess 9.7 has some advantages over 10?)
Windows live and messenger - never use.
Palringo - never use
Carrier Provisioning - I won't go outside VN in the near future so no need (I just need auto data config).
Theme 2007 and 2009 - just keep 2010 and 2007 themes.
Twitter - never use (still have to hide it in Home Screen Tabs)
Stock - never need (still have to hide it in Home Screen Tabs)
Some language lng files (French,...just keep English)
RSS - never use
Streaming - never use

Some more files I want to delete but can't find all the related files (please help):
Please recommend me some more files to delete to make the rom lighter.

Total commander as I prefer Resco, resco is quite enough for me.
In call recording as I like another stronger recorder.
Some wallpapers (I deleted but still appear again?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post

Last edited by loithuxua; 08-28-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro 2

udayse is becoming a great contributor

Hi,
I am on the latest version of energy rom and i love it. My issue is that every now and then, data refuses to connect. The indicators on the top right, say its EVDO and that data is on, but i cant get on to a web page and my weather doesnt even work..

This doesnt happen always, but every once in a while, Try to soft reset and it doesnt help. But then somehow it magically comes back..

My yahoo stock quotes however never work. Can anyone help?
Old 08-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Almost a VIP

On the stock quotes, are you using the Stock tab? If so, there has been some notes about removing all the symbols that is comes with and putting in the correct ones. Would try removing all the stock ticker symbols and then just add 1 or 2 at a time and see if those update.
Personally I don't use the stock tab. Have very little in the stock market currently so don't follow it much (look them up maybe once a week on laptop at home).
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro 2

udayse is becoming a great contributor

That worked great.. Thanks for the tip..

Now if I can figure out why sometimes.. i dont have data.. that would solve my issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development