PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 03:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Has NRG released a separate cab with his Start Menu Replacements? Specifically the Panel start menu? I've used WinStart, X2TaskManager and QuickMenu in conjunction with the Arto Start menu Remover wm6.5.x.cab. However, I prefer Panel a lot more. Any other Start Menu replacements that you guys liked?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPrem View Post
Has NRG released a separate cab with his Start Menu Replacements? Specifically the Panel start menu? I've used WinStart, X2TaskManager and QuickMenu in conjunction with the Arto Start menu Remover wm6.5.x.cab. However, I prefer Panel a lot more. Any other Start Menu replacements that you guys liked?
Glad someone else likes winstart. I used it until panel came out, then maybe its just me, but panel always seems to slog down badly. I would hit the softkey and wait then just as I hit it again it would open and I would shut it down instead, lol.

Any way I just paid the 5 bucks for the registered version of winstart and thats all I use. Its worth it because it will disable NRGS start menu for you, no hassles.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
No can do if you are S-Off, they are working on a new root for it, but it's taking a while to get done, plus with all the new phones coming out lately has put it on the back burner.

Like I have always said bro this place has a place in my heart as I always had a lot of fun with the TP2 and this thread and learned a lot in here and tried to pass along what I learned.

The TP2 has had a great run and has been a great phone, sad to see that it's pretty much being phased out and not getting a whole lot of support like it used to, guess it's their way of getting people to upgrade to new equipment.

Glad to see you still here and passing along your plethora of knowledge to everyone around here and all the work you did on the WiKi, hopefully they come out with some new sys for it as I would hate to see the phone just die.

I talk to DaveTN once in a while, and I know he picked up an Evo also but don't remember if he said he still had his TP2, I think he's still got it. He's doing good in school and about to start his clinicals if I remember right.
Heh heh.. Still using the TP2. No matter what I did and how blue I got in the face, Sprint would not let me activate my EVO without changing from the $69.00 family talk+unlimited data pack to the everything data plan plus 4g fee. It would add close to 70.00 to my bill for the same features I already have and there is no way I was going to do that.

Now the funny thing is since I griped and complained, my wife and I are having all kinds of texting and data problems. I keep losing my data connection on the TP2 for some reason and will go hours without getting email or texts. Related? I'm not sure but after 14 years with sprint, I'm seriously considering jumping ship..just way frustrated since I need quick access to email and texts for school.
<end rant>

Anyway, I do visit here often and am sad to see that things have slowed down so much but its nice to see a lot of the regulars still hanging out here.

....back to studying for midterms...

David
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:59 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Heh heh.. Still using the TP2. No matter what I did and how blue I got in the face, Sprint would not let me activate my EVO without changing from the $69.00 family talk+unlimited data pack to the everything data plan plus 4g fee. It would add close to 70.00 to my bill for the same features I already have and there is no way I was going to do that.

Now the funny thing is since I griped and complained, my wife and I are having all kinds of texting and data problems. I keep losing my data connection on the TP2 for some reason and will go hours without getting email or texts. Related? I'm not sure but after 14 years with sprint, I'm seriously considering jumping ship..just way frustrated since I need quick access to email and texts for school.
<end rant>

Anyway, I do visit here often and am sad to see that things have slowed down so much but its nice to see a lot of the regulars still hanging out here.

....back to studying for midterms...

David
Hey brutha, yeah unfortunately when updating devices these days requires the updated plans for premium data and all that greatness, and I have contemplated jumping ship also as my area has had network issues since February, although I have called and complained enough to get them to credit my account, I'm pulling 15kb up and down and been that way since February, it's gotten so bad that I emailed dan@sprint.com to try and get some resolution, got my credit and now the guy calls me asking me if things are better, I'm about to get pissed and tell him off also as he should know if things are better before calling me, he's the one with access to the techs and all that information, just very frustrating.

A word of advice is to keep calling them and complaining so you have a history of issues and if you complain enough you can get a credit for the crappy service your getting, I'm not trying to get a credit for something I don't deserve so in no way do I feel bad about it as I should be getting a lot better service, and I have been with them for around seven years.

Yeah I remember the days when this place was booming with so many posts that it was hard to keep up, now you can go three or more days and come in and only a couple of posts, but like you said it's good to see a lot of the same people still here and helping out and passing along their knowledge still, don't know why Teradog put retired, you know he's not going to retire and not share his knowledge lol.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hi all. Just thought I'd pop in quick like and mention that I'm alive lol. Got tera's PM and dropping on by in the middle of some long summer family trips to say howdy

Everything on my end is working ok with a few TP2s on the July 4th ROMs. I've been away running frx07 as well; and with android on my tmob hd2 (yes I agree it would have been nice to have a version on cdma).

A few things...
- I've been seeing some of my TP2s (July 4th ROMs) when they are in airplane mode for extended periods have the ceipui.exe running (the feedback experience ms app crap). I searched the thread and the forums, and the suggested registry entries for it are in place from NRGZ as far as I can tell to disable it. So not sure why it runs in this event, and googling gave no other indicators to look for.

... I also saw posts that it can be safely removed from custom ROMs. sooo maybe a suggestion to NRGZ to remove this junk from all future ROMs?

- (sprint rant) when sprint lost evdo data (roaming) on areas they lost when alltel went bye-bye due to the verizon buy out a few years ago, that put a crimp on my travels on areas I use to get get evdo. I get only 1x now in many former evdo areas (most were alltel only regions), regardless of recent or older PRLs. Sprint really needs to figure out their partner agreements to extend evdo data coverage to those of us in areas that will NEVER get 4g anytime soon. (end rant)

I'm sticking with the many TP2s on my accounts, as going to anything else would, at a minimum, double my monthly bills. I play with other devices on the dime of others The TP2 works for most of my current needs, and those of my other users... and if the xandroid project continues on their slow, but steady path, will give the TP2 a decent life expectancy. There are plenty of new fancy devices out there and wish those that move on the best and thank them for helping out in this community.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: T-Mobile

papaiatis is a n00b

Hi all,

Would you please someone describe me the steps how could I install this nice ROM from SD-CARD? My USB connection doesn't work...

Thank you very much in advance!
Atis
Old 08-10-2011, 08:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaiatis View Post
Hi all,

Would you please someone describe me the steps how could I install this nice ROM from SD-CARD? My USB connection doesn't work...

Atis
The process has already been well described in many places, including the Energy thread wiki (post #6) and there is a sticky just for this topic one level up under CDMA TP2 Development. Just go to the top or the bottom of this page and click on that link to find it. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaiatis View Post
Hi all,

Atis
Here is a link to the NRG WiKi, I linked to the section that you need, but feel free to look through the whole thing and read up on all the great information contained in it. Word of advice if you are new to flashing, always read the first page of the thread and then the last 5-10 pages so you know what the issues are if any with the roms. Below is the link:

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t..._my_SD_card.3F
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 w/Energy Dec 13 29XXX * Sense 2019
Carrier: Verizon

madkoopa is becoming a great contributor

Quick question:

Is anyone else getting connection error messages when they try to update the stock tab? I can add stocks with their current figures, but when I try to update them later I get a connection error message.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkoopa View Post
Quick question:

Is anyone else getting connection error messages when they try to update the stock tab? I can add stocks with their current figures, but when I try to update them later I get a connection error message.
It is updating fine for me, although the numbers look really bad today.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development