PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Shorale is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Hello guys, I have a slight problem I've always had on all Energy Roms I have tried and haven't found a solution. I'm using a Rhod500 and whenever I'm in a text message window the Caps and Function keys do not work, but once I'm out of a text messaging window they do work. Is there anything I can do to make it work all the time?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:17 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

c'mon doesn't some lurker or noob want this low hanging fuit? earn a little rep? Double it (rep from me also) if you point to wiki for a solution???

One post in three days? 5 hours this post above has been out there? Have that many left? It use to be 3 min for posts & 5 seconds until 2 people answered this guy above...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Lurker

Sorry Teradog, but I couldn't find anything in the wiki. I don't believe my problem is with having to remap the keys as the buttons do work outside of typing windows (if I put the caps lock before starting to type all the words will be caps) or with carrier provisioning as that is the first thing I do after a flash. Or perhaps is there something else I missed in the wiki?

Last edited by Shorale; 08-02-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

have you tried not installing any custom cabs and just flashing the rom? then run the carrier provisioning, then try the text message?
Just wondering if its possibly a cab that you are installing that is causing the issues in just the messaging app.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 08-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@teradog: I am looking at flashing the standard rom and doing like you have. I am needing to get the overview for the calendar that the sense builds provides....but do not want the overhead and instability of the cookie (even 1.8.5 was causing me issues last time I flashed it).
It will be like a new phone since jumping to the Titanium flavors...might tide me over till VZW gets off there a$$ and gets a WP7 phone thats an upgrade to the TP2 instead of just a TP2 that meets the minimums for WP7 to run (oh, and got to have the physical keyboard; tried my wife's Fascinate for a couple of days; no way I would pay for that phone).
Old 08-02-2011, 10:07 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Shorale: no worries, thanks for looking... yea, no guarantee anything will work at all!
And actually rereading your post, may not... however 1st thing... have you done this? If not, just do it, reboot & see if anything changes. (under K in wiki)
Keyboard: Why are my : & / keys mixed up?
  • If you are on a non Sprint phone, such as Verizon, you have to run your carrier (verizon) provisioning: program/tools/carrier settings
  • NRGZ28 defaults to the Sprint keyboard layout.
  • Alternative: Verizon users run this cab, from here (paperclip)
NRG at one time (can't remember) use to build in the keyboard fix into the carrier provisioning I think (maybe still does).. but just DL & run that cab to make sure. (as well as the carrier provisioning per ppcfreak suggestion, as NRG ROMs default to Sprint provisioning.... (which I also suggest running also, due to some issues a couple months ago...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PPCFreak:
Yea, I thought about it & progressed through the last year, what started to work & when... & thought about why I wanted/liked cookie in the first place... Knew I wanted stuff like google maps & the start menu layout switch, but didn't want to do all the work trying to keep up with the latest apps (I use to do my own kitchens, but that was ALWAYS such a hassle)..

And, if cookie slowed stuff down & was a hassle & mystery issues, why not use the new stable overclocking (wimospeed) & all the other stuff on the original modified stock ROM.. the "Energy" standard. Some of the stuff is really handy I have to admit. (Calander, weather high low & week outlook, opera tabs with page pics, contact pics, etc..)

You are right on... it's like setting up a new ROM for the first time again... lol.
Couldn't remember the stuff I use to do at all & what cabs did what... :>))

About the only thing or two I miss vs cookie on the positive side is the toggle switches & can't slide icons around actually have to delete & add again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
t-bob
I took out touchlockpro until I get more time to mess with all the settings... have been getting some weird hangs, which are sometimes solved by sliding out keyboard or pulling the stylus... sometimes I'm in a hurry & can't get unlocked so I reboot... I think I'll just leave it as a quick link & run before I have to make or take an important phone call?? Dunno, but if you get yours figured out first, get me your settings.

Have you tried yet?

Last edited by teradog; 08-02-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

I may have went to the dark side but I still monitor this thread and see how things are going, and your right Teradog this thread has slowed way down with posts, guess most have moved on to another phone or there phone is just running good and don't want to mess with it.

Since I'm bored and not a lot going on in this thread might as well mention that I screwed myself and took the Sprint OTA update to Gingerbread 2.3.3 because I was having some issues so had to take the phone in and knew they were going to strongly suggest upgrading to newest rom, so went ahead and did it and now I lost root, so I have been going through withdrawals of not being able to flash lol, sighs.

Anyways, thanks for listening to me cry about my flashing issues, everyone can carry on now lol.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aqualls is keeping up the good workaqualls is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I may have went to the dark side but I still monitor this thread and see how things are going, and your right Teradog this thread has slowed way down with posts, guess most have moved on to another phone or there phone is just running good and don't want to mess with it.

Since I'm bored and not a lot going on in this thread might as well mention that I screwed myself and took the Sprint OTA update to Gingerbread 2.3.3 because I was having some issues so had to take the phone in and knew they were going to strongly suggest upgrading to newest rom, so went ahead and did it and now I lost root, so I have been going through withdrawals of not being able to flash lol, sighs.

Anyways, thanks for listening to me cry about my flashing issues, everyone can carry on now lol.
Roll back to factory shipped ROM, reroot, and go from there. It's what I did with my wife's EVO.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
have you tried not installing any custom cabs and just flashing the rom? then run the carrier provisioning, then try the text message?
Just wondering if its possibly a cab that you are installing that is causing the issues in just the messaging app.
That will have to be the next thing I try. I see you're also using a Verizon TP2; have you ever had this problem?
Old 08-03-2011, 01:10 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post

hey kiowa, your always welcome here... lately it's like standing in a room hearing my echo...

So, the last 3 months NRG released new ROM's in the beginning of the month, only 1 per month... as oppose to up to 3 per week 1 year ago. In 13 hours it'll be August 4th. But, not to many new packages, BT works, wifi works, everything... and I can't find even a rumor of a new sys (beyond 29022)... SO I WONDER... truly the end? shudder...

NEW ROMs?

NEW RUMORs?

Last edited by teradog; 08-03-2011 at 01:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development