PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 02:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

allusion is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Okay so after waiting forever I finally did it
i read the instructions for doing everything about 5 times
scratched my head and said fuck it, what is the worst i can do besides the brick the phone
well glad to say i didn't brick the phone, but after trying a few things a couple different times i finally got it done

amazing work, so much faster, so much cleaner, already had alot of the stuff i liked to use already preinstalled
to many settings to shake a stick at

still looking for overclock settings though
are there any overclock stuff preinstalled?
is the rom preset to be overclocked?
will it mess anything up if i install an overclock program onto the phone?

granted i will still be looking in the wiki for your roms but so far i haven't found anything yet

EnergyROM Build 23xxx Sense 2.5 Cookie v2.0 Energy User
EnergyROM Questions? EnergyROM FAQ WIKI Read it or teradog will bite you! Bad Dog!!!!!
WiMoSpeed by iwfratz @ xda-developers - Overclocking for your TouchPro2
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no overclocking software is cooked in the ROM. Will need to install seperate.

Look for WinMoSpeed. It may be attached here already (click on the paperclip).

Overclocking doesn't hurt anything as long as you small steps at a time to find what your hardware will except.

748 has usually been pretty safe on the majority of hardware. Some can get 768 to run stable and a few even stated they go higher.

I would start a 748 and us that for a while. Try 768 and if the phone does freeze/lockup, then you should be good with this.

If phone does lockup, simple softreset and move down one step.

Do this testing BEFORE making a copy of the overclock settings and putting it in the \Windows\Startup directory.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:14 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allusion View Post
Okay so after waiting forever I finally did it
...overclock program onto the phone?...looking in the wiki for your roms but so far i haven't found anything yet
I did the entire wiki alphabetically so everyone could find stuff...
Not trying to give you too much crap, but how could I possibly make it any clearer? Really. If you look under "O", you'll find overclock.

What can I change that would have helped you?

Less than 1 inch above your post above is my signature, which contains:
Energy questions? Read posts 1-6 and ENERGY FAQ WIKI cdma FIRST!! .. (GSM here)
*HOW TO!

Had you read post 6 as suggested, you would have seen this: #6
ENERGY ROM FAQ WIKI
Or, had you click on the bold red wiki link in that sig, you would be in the same wiki. The next HOW TO link also discusses Overclocking.

I'm really at a loss as to how to make this easier??
I'm adding ppcfreeks 1st line to wiki Overclock: no overclocking software is cooked in the ROM. Will need to install seperate.

Last edited by teradog; 07-23-2011 at 11:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

quick question if i have a sprint tp2 flashed to cricket can i flash the energy rom and a cricket radio and everything still work smoothly ??
(like it would on sprint)

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:17 PM
VIP Member - Retired

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by relisted View Post
quick question if i have a sprint tp2 flashed to cricket can i flash the energy rom and a cricket radio and everything still work smoothly ??
(like it would on sprint)
try it, let us know... i'm using a verizon radio on sprint
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post
Holy Sh%^!!!

Found an awesome tweak for the SD.. NRG can you include this in your roms..

not sure what NAND_Class is but i made that blocktransfer size 16 too.

everything that requires the SD card is so fast right now without even doing a restart.. WOW.. OMG!!! even the pics from my SD card load so fast now.. it seff seems 4X or faster on read.. write is just about the same..

Tried this yesterday. It caused the Internet Explorer browser to stop working. I wasn't able to get a connection using EV-DO (wifi worked). Bear in mind, I store the IE Cache (Cookies, History, Temporary Internet Files) folder on the SD card. After resetting everything back to 64, IE was working fine again. Perhaps programs that rely on a network connection, that are installed on the SD card, might cause problems if you change the setting to 16 or 4.

Last edited by PapaPrem; 07-23-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work

Does anyone have a Titanium ROM that they can share which doesn't have camera related issues? I noticed all the Titanium ROM's since at least June 5, freeze up the phone, when taking pictures using the camera. A few other Titanium users have also complained about this. Some of the older Energy GTX ROMS that I previously used, had no issues at all when using the camera. I tried extracting some of the camera related files from an older GTX ROM using HTCrie and replacing them into the latest Titanium ROM. Unfortunately, using the camera still froze up the phone after snapping a few pics.

On another note, I highly recommend you guys run SPBShell on the Titanium ROM (thanks to Teradog for the write-up.) It runs so smooth and is easily configurable. I didn't like IPT too much, although it was blazing fast. A PagePool of 15 worked best for me on this ROM. Anything lower made the menu in the operating system run noticeably slower for me. It also gives 114mb of RAM (using Panel start menu) on start up without a trade off on OS speed.

Here are my 3 Launcher screens on SPBShell:

Last edited by PapaPrem; 07-23-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:39 PM
VIP Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPrem View Post
Does anyone have a Titanium ROM that they can share which doesn't have camera related issues? I noticed all the Titanium ROM's since at least June 5, freeze up the phone, when taking pictures using the camera. A few other Titanium users have also complained about this.... using the camera still froze up the phone after snapping a few pics. .... highly recommend you guys run SPBShell on the Titanium ROM (thanks to Teradog for the write-up.) It runs so smooth and is easily configurable. I didn't like IPT too much, although it was blazing fast. A PagePool of 15 worked best for me on this ROM. Anything lower made the menu in the operating system run noticeably slower for me. It also gives 114mb of RAM (using Panel start menu) on start up without a trade off on OS speed.
For those with camera issues
Question: Is the lockup immediate?
Re. "after snapping a few pics" I'm able to take a bunch of pics both in & out of SPB, seems like a delayed SOD. At what point does it freeze? Any other details??

??? others???

Also: please go & vote for this issue here if you are having camera issues: http://energyrom.userecho.com/ , bugs, TP2 CDMA 29022 Titanium ROM Camera locking up TP2

Hey nice write up... guess I didn't notice the camera issue, or other posters..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if you get an issue make sure you ck wiki "Important Links",
Contact NRG directly: Issues/Ideas/Suggestions
Which brings you here: General forum / Energy ROM Feedback
And, put in a writeup under "Bugs", good to put a link to this discussion also.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(I did this for you above)

Also, re. SPB.. I haven't used in months, but have it on wifes... reinstalled it a week ago, but took out of \windows\startup... so in the IPT screen one, bottom right softkey is SPB home. I use IPT all the time, but if I want/need, feel like playing in SPB, just hit the button & wala, I'm in SPB.

One of the coolest things is that if you keep IPT installed & running (settings, home, IPT checked), you can use the softkey to flip back & forth to SPB & in SPB simply put on the
"Show Today" widget & move to the bottom right hand side, just above where the right softkey would be... Too nice, toggle back & forth pressing the same place on the screen almost (show today/SPB home buttons) between SPB & IPT.

One of the reasons I don't auto into SPB is I like to have my boots into andoid on the SD as clean as possible, no startup files or menus (besides IPT).

I ran some RAM tests a couple days ago & found SPB only taking up 10MB of RAM (IPT almost none). But, that is 10MB... & when I was trying to get 150MB RAM +, it made a difference.

When you say how much RAM you are at, it's a little misleading for other readers... I know you know... but, @ 15pp & SPB you should be around 123ish+, but am guessing you are still running arksoft in your startup file & other startup commands & sofware.

Last edited by teradog; 07-23-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:27 PM
N00b

okay thank for the info ppcfreak
this morning before i went into work i did finish reading threw more of the wiki page for this rom and saw it listed and then went over to the xda site where the maker of the program host it there to ask my questions on it
so i'm still working on my decision on what to use for overclocking but still going to check on other post exc. this is my first stop today after getting home from work on the internet
and even after i get done checking here, xda, and then my ffxi online forums, i still get to browse around to find out what other things i can learn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now teradog you quick to snap, none full post reading butthead
you have no right to snap on me like that, cause even you yourself didn't even finish reading my post before you started your attack
and just cause i'm a newer person to the site doesn't mean i know how forums work either or follow the original posters request
plus this looks to be nrgz28 forum unless you have 2 accounts here

1st i did not know it was in alphabetic order cause i skipped the begin area with the contents guide and started working my way down so i would know more about the rom itself, rather than just jumping around in it having to read stuff repeatedly

2nd signatures are not a required read, they are posted by the user to be helpful, show off there support, advertise, exc
i do not read every signature i see, i don't have time to read every signature i see just to read it

3rd what can you change to help me, the wiki page nothin, what nrgz28 has done with this rom nothin, the kindness ppcfreak has shown me nothin
now you snapping like a dick for no reason that you can change for the next person your going to attack, you don't want to answer something then don't comment on it, or if the person even said like i did that i'm still reading threw the material, then give them some time to read it and ask a second time to make sure they couldn't find it on there own before you go off

cause i clearly stated in my post that i was excited, my first time doing this with a cell phone, still exploring the rom, and still reading the wiki page, basically pointing out multiple times that i'm still not done looking around and in no rush for the answer and might even still find it myself

so why snap on a person saying hey i'm still looking, but if you want you can answer this for me or not

------------------------------------------------------------------
but now that i'm done with that
love the rom, love the work of it, love the speed of it, its finally time for me to change MY SIGNATURE (since teradog make signatures to be the end of the world) and update it, but i will save that for once i get threw everything and ready to play with stuff like that
Old 07-23-2011, 08:59 PM
N00b

oh i knew i had a question that wasn't in the wiki

what version of adobe flash player is installed on this rom?

and i know its not in the wiki cause i did a screen search for adobe and flash player with no results :P

or is adobe flash being skip?
since adobe said there not supporting windows mobile anymore really (which i don't know if that is still true or not anymore)

and since opera is on the phone for the web browser as well is that the replacement for adobe flash needs?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development