PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (stock)
Carrier: Sprint 0

platin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by unL33T View Post

when my phone is muted the alarms will still go off. MightyROM did not do this. Is this a setting I can change somewhere?

I am using "Energy.RHODCDMA.29020.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sen city .Jun.01"

Thanks.
I love this feature! No phone calls/text/email alerts in the middle of the night. But it's a feature with the phone, just that it's enabled by default here. It's under the alarm settings.

Start > Settings > Clock & Alarms > Alarms > Untick "Sound alarms even when device is set to silent or vibrate."
Old 06-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
did you have some sort of tracker installed on the phone?

sad to hear you device was lost. Love your quick fixes and cabs (using your sleep on/off cab for wifi router).

Hope you get another TP2 to keep your tinkering addiction alive...
Had to remote wipe it before I could track it down. Happy to help anyone via PM if my lack of tinkering has me visiting even less frequently.

I played with android for a few months, and am knee deep in WP7 right now. I just bought an iPhone as a replacement to the TP2. I am surprised how little I like it. Lots of great apps though. I may have to give it to my wife.
Remote wipe? what did you use for that?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I remember the ole days when my daily digest email for this thread would report 30-40 new message. Yesterday it was a new low. One. Things are slowing down around here. I can understand why. No new ROMs, some great stability, end of some features, and people are migrating to newer devices. The thread title is still the May 14th, and I was on the April 15th ROM until last week.

Update, since I flashed, things have been working just fine. few reboots, decent speed, I am happy. I have not checked DRM to see if that works. Hopefully it does. Bluetooth woes are a thing of the past. I have noticed battery not as good. Speed not as good as zero page pool. BUT my programs run everytime without problems and they do not randomly close. They stay open.

I will ride this train for a bit more, but I am thinking my next device might be on AT&T. they seem to treat their people better and have a better selection with less crippling of the phones...
Old 06-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@kyderr: you headed to AT&T for the WP7 devices? or you headed to the android world?

I am waiting for WP7 device till 'mango' is on the devices and the first devices truly support all the new 'mango' features (want the front camera on next device).

Am hoping Verizon will get off there 'bums' and get a wp7 with a physical keyboard and its on the LTE network.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

uggg.. I still have 240 days before I'm eligible for an "upgrade" with sprint. So I guess I'll still be hanging around here for a while. Still good to see Kiowa popping in now and then to say Hi too. At least I won't be lonely here.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Has anyone heard anything about a 29022 ROM???

The Last Gasp for WM???
Old 06-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
uggg.. I still have 240 days before I'm eligible for an "upgrade" with sprint. So I guess I'll still be hanging around here for a while. Still good to see Kiowa popping in now and then to say Hi too. At least I won't be lonely here.

David
yeah i know how you feel <although i just upgraded in december lol>, but that's the way it is with technology these days, never the best on the block long, the TP2 is a great phone and I don't think you are missing a whole lot, more speed mostly. Yeah I always have this thread open and read what's going on in it, can't forget the good times with the great people of this thread and where I learned a lot of phone geekness lol. You can pm me bro or call me, unless you deleted my number once I moved to the dark side lol. Feel free to call or pm if you get lonely
Old 06-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak
@kyderr: you headed to AT&T for the WP7 devices? or you headed to the android world?

I am waiting for WP7 device till 'mango' is on the devices and the first devices truly support all the new 'mango' features (want the front camera on next device).

Am hoping Verizon will get off there 'bums' and get a wp7 with a physical keyboard and its on the LTE network.
That's a tough call. I am happy with Windows now. I control the data, it does not go out into the ether. As I mentioned before. everything that people were afraid of Microsoft for 20 years ago, is everything google is and more. MS has turned out to protect your privacy more than anyone right now. At lease with activesync, The data is under my control.

That being said, I have a new baby, and I am real busy, so there is something good about having an O/S work out of the box. I would like to see a hardware keyboard wp7 on LTE too. I have used every soft keyboard out there, but I still like the hard keyboard better. I am out of contract now, but I haven't seen a decent phone on big V and I am tired of having to fight with them all the time. Article came out on Engadget that it looks likely that Verizon will throttle the data plans and 2gb will be the entry level at the price we pay now.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Lunch break with time to spare for once lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I remember the ole days when my daily digest email for this thread would report 30-40 new message. Yesterday it was a new low. One. Things are slowing down around here. I can understand why. No new ROMs, some great stability, end of some features, and people are migrating to newer devices. The thread title is still the May 14th, and I was on the April 15th ROM until last week.
I noticed the slow down as well... in addition to your thoughts, I think some of it:

a. goes to seeing more TP2 folks running Android on their units in some kind of fashion lol. I've been running it on my other active test TP2 unit mostly, but I still keep my main TP2 under Energy Winmo for now.

b. looking at the wiki hits, 23k+. Which I'm sure half of those are bot hits. Though, still that's saying a lot for the time that teradog and many of the users in this community have put in to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Yes good to see you, Kiowa and many other veterans still here

I try to drop by every so often when not on the dark side forums lol.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
Old 06-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

hbuetow is becoming a great contributor

RIP to my TP2. The screen died. This is my 3rd TP2 that died the same way. IMHO the resistive touch screen is much more delicate than the capacitive screens of androids devices. The defect always appears, apparently from wear just where I used my finger to scroll up and down. Anyways, US Cellular no longer does an advanced replacement of this phone. I went to a local store and purchased the Android HTC Merge. Thanks to NRG and the CHT and other ROM developers for their work that made the TP2 enjoyable. The new HTC android sense interface in some ways is less sophisticated than the fine tuning of the NRG Roms. There are less tabs and less availability of apps from the home screen. I like the scrolling up on the TP2 and the many program panels. However, things happen much faster on the HTC Merge. The TP2 onscreen keyboard when used with the stylus is much more error free and precise. Keyboard no where near the quality of that on the TP2. I miss my TP2 already. Time marches on. Thanks again to all of the contributing members of this board and to NRG.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development