PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 06:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint/boost

biga1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Guys,

Can you help with a problem I am having with the screen lock. It looks, then seems to spontaneously unlock and I get off button pushes and dialing... I see in the ROm there are alternatives. What is the most reliable way to lock the screen?
Try settings, system, lock config, and enabled. save. phone should lock when backlight turns off. power button to bring up lockscreen to unlock.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

frozenbutt is keeping up the good workfrozenbutt is keeping up the good work

Puck I just wanted to let ou know that you are not alone in your issue. I have had the same problem with all roms except Titanium. Flash the phone and run UC to setup my email accounts with a Makisu created xml file. All email accounts and I have 5 plus my exchange settings are setup perfect. Email flows in and calendar apts update both way. Anywhere from the next day to a few days later my exchange settings are gone and all my email accounts are toast. Sometimes the email icons still show up on the email tab but if I click on they they do nothing and if I goto inbox it just shows setup account. All my accounts are gone.

The latest rom I flashed "Energy 29020 Sense 2.5 Cookie 2.0 May 15" would not even let me run Makisu; I get an error message telling me "Please use a Mortscript version between 4.1.1.7 and 4.2 to run Makisu"

I guess that means that I will need a new method to restore my email settings????

I usually just put the xml file that Makisu created into the UC folder and let XDA handle it but when the accounts all disappear I run Makisu to recreate the accounts. Now I can't even do that.

This time I tried emptying the UC folder of everything except the Makisu xml file and provisioning with the tools XDA_UC. Unfortunately that doesn't work anymore either. So I tried to manually setup my email accounts and now I get a message that I cannot use that name as it is already in use. Seems that although the accounts are not there they are still there hidden somewhere.

Sigh...

I guess I am going back to Titanium. I have to assume that because it works fine in Titanium it is a sense or cookie issue.

Any recommendations on a replacement to Makisu for handling email account and exchange settings????
Old 06-07-2011, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Exit24 is keeping up the good workExit24 is keeping up the good work

I'm using 21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.GTX.Jun.01 ROM.

I've tried installing a few taskbars, but everyone seems to mess up the volume bar in the music tab. Does anyone know where I can find (so I can backup) the default Volume Control driver built into the ROM? I want to try and install a custom taskbar, and then restore the Volume Control driver NRGZ built in and see if that works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:43 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenbutt View Post
Puck I just wanted to let ou know that you are not alone in your issue. I have had the same problem with all roms except Titanium. Flash the phone and run UC to setup my email accounts with a Makisu created xml file. All email accounts and I have 5 plus my exchange settings are setup perfect. Email flows in and calendar apts update both way. Anywhere from the next day to a few days later my exchange settings are gone and all my email accounts are toast. Sometimes the email icons still show up on the email tab but if I click on they they do nothing and if I goto inbox it just shows setup account. All my accounts are gone.

The latest rom I flashed "Energy 29020 Sense 2.5 Cookie 2.0 May 15" would not even let me run Makisu; I get an error message telling me "Please use a Mortscript version between 4.1.1.7 and 4.2 to run Makisu"

I guess that means that I will need a new method to restore my email settings????

I usually just put the xml file that Makisu created into the UC folder and let XDA handle it but when the accounts all disappear I run Makisu to recreate the accounts. Now I can't even do that.

This time I tried emptying the UC folder of everything except the Makisu xml file and provisioning with the tools XDA_UC. Unfortunately that doesn't work anymore either. So I tried to manually setup my email accounts and now I get a message that I cannot use that name as it is already in use. Seems that although the accounts are not there they are still there hidden somewhere.

Sigh...

I guess I am going back to Titanium. I have to assume that because it works fine in Titanium it is a sense or cookie issue.

Any recommendations on a replacement to Makisu for handling email account and exchange settings????
If you have the xml files, you can somewhat easily build them into cabs.

Copy the file to _setup.xml
c: makecab.exe _setup.xml cabfilename.cab

copy cabfilename.cab over to your device and run to confirm that it works.

Best regards,
-boggsie
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckMercury View Post
Ok, I am throwing in the towel on figuring this issue out on my own. I have had this for a few months now but just keep managing it. Whenever I flash a new ROM these past months (21916 CHT2 Touch of Glass) and go through the UC, the email settings and data connection (VZW) are both fine initially. However, when I reboot the first time, the data connection is no longer set up (I have to manually enter or run carrier prov again) and my two (exchange and gmail) email settings are both borked. In both instances, they've lost the pwd and the download size/date ranges. In the case of Gmail it also ditches the incoming and outgoing server settings. This is using a provisioning XML that worked perfectly until some random point and still works perfectly until the first reboot.

I realize this may be due to any number of cabs I may or may not be installing, but I haven't been able to nail that down. I thought I'd throw my problem to the masses and see if it's something unfortunately obvious I've overlooked (and searches + wiki couldn't illuminate). I don't have CHT set to change any email account settings at any point, and the only settings being restored are by way of the settings import/export registry entires.

In any event I thought I'd ask and thanks to any suggestions.

EDIT: I have tried other flavors of 21916 CHT2 and all demonstrate this same quirk. I have not tried many 6.5.x builds as that introduces more variables than it would eliminate in such an issue. Those few I have tried, however, also demonstrate this.
I am on USCell and have had the data quit problem after first boot quite a lot, although it has never affected my email settings.

To cure the data issue here is what you do, go to:

start>settings>connections>connections>manage existing connections

When you get there just hit edit and run through each screen until you get to finish. You don't have to change anything. Don't ask me why this works but it does for me.

I change my connection name from sprint to USCC, and add my 10 digit phone number as a user-name and password because sometimes it seems to help with roaming, but its not necessary.

Hope this gets you a little closer to your solution.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Sigh...

I am not quite sure if your problem was the same as I had a while back, but heres what happened to me and how I solved it.

My email quit updating (I have 4 accounts that I install with a cab). When I went to my Sense mail tab they showed up there, but when I hit the inbox soft key they were not there. When I attempted to reinstall I was told the accounts already existed.

I eventually solved the problem by going to: start>Internet>messinging and low and behold there they were. I deleted them from here, ran my email cab again and all was fine.

Again I don't know if this is your or Puck's problem, but it might point you in the right direction.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:31 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

start, tools, PIM backup & restore is all i ever use, never had an issue...
Old 06-08-2011, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

The wiki has various changelog and release notes of the ROMs that folks probably do not notice. One of the items a bunch of us requested is that NRGZ recently updated MortScript to version 4.3b15 - the last and final version to be found which has not been touched in ages. Previous ROMs had MortScript 4.2. Many newer scripts were busted without a 4.3+ and many script writers had to package in a newer MOrtscript in to their .cab installers (like I had to) for running on Energy ROMs. The side effect of this is some really old scripts that do blind version checks are now broken.

Older versions Makisu did a dumb version check that Mortscript had to be version 4.2 or younger. I believe the most recent version now just checks for 4.1.1.7 or newer. If you used the .cab installer for Makisu it installs a localized version of Mortscript that bypasses all that. If you are using it in XDAUC, find a newer version of the script or just comment out the "Exit" call in his version check code.

As for XML generated by Makisu, I have my main personal unit with XML generated by it and a few I hand wrote that provision my email accounts just fine. But I use a combo of XDA_UC and S4X (which just does the same calls for XML provisioning as XDA_UC). That's with the June.01.2011.CHT185 release.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Can you describe the scenarios where it appears to spontaneously unlock?

I ask, because there is an automatic unlock feature associated with opening the keyboard. The device comes to know that the keyboard has been opened, by virtue of a small magnetic device. Thus, many times folks will see their phone unlocked when they slide it in and out of their holster.

You might try to disable this feature on a temporary basis to see if that, in fact, is what is the root cause of this unplanned unlocking.

HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD\
"SlideWakeup"=dword:0

Best regards,
-boggsie
This may be it. I can reproduce it manually. I have this very nice but tight leather holster from Orvis. Will turn off and see.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1burgonio View Post
Try settings, system, lock config, and enabled. save. phone should lock when backlight turns off. power button to bring up lockscreen to unlock.
Will try this too.... Thx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development