PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
Well, you guys... *sniffle* I have finally fallen victim to the "Dark Side". My run with you has been relatively short, but I must say I will honestly miss hangin out over here! I've learned so much from you all... I was a PalmOne Girl (& yes, I did say girl, lol), and you truly made my Windows Mobile/HTC/TP2/EnergyROM experience worth the while! Thanks to all the cooks, especially NRGZ, and all you other super cool guys (& gals) who give your time & energy for this passion, despite the $pay$ I will definitely check in from time to time, as I don't plan on getting rid of my TP2 just yet, at least for 30 days... No sad goodbyes!!!
And another one bites the dust......sad to see another moving to the dark side.
Heres hoping you come back before the 30 days.......

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

kozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIPkozmo is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indevolatile View Post
So I was all good for a few days, then today I woke up and had an error 67, registration failure notification on my phone. I tried a reboot, then a hard reset, neither one with any luck.
I did some research here, and found a thread here that seemed to be what I was looking for, but the Update Profile button is nowhere to be found under Start > Settings > System. I did find an Autodata Config button under Start > Settings > Connections that looked promising, but it doesn't seem to do anything except hang for a bit when I click on it.

Hoping someone can give me some other ideas.
Once you provision it should show up in settings tab > other. If not, there is always the update profile/prl cab in the paperclip HERE .
Old 05-31-2011, 02:50 AM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
So I was all good for a few days, then today I woke up and had an error 67, registration failure notification on my phone. I tried a reboot, then a hard reset, neither one with any luck.
I did some research here, and found a thread here that seemed to be what I was looking for, but the Update Profile button is nowhere to be found under Start > Settings > System. I did find an Autodata Config button under Start > Settings > Connections that looked promising, but it doesn't seem to do anything except hang for a bit when I click on it.

IF using Sense, slide over to the Settings tab and select other.

In that list you should see Update Profile and Update PRL if you have them installed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > HTC TP2 > Android
Carrier: T-Mobile

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
And another one bites the dust......sad to see another moving to the dark side.
Heres hoping you come back before the 30 days.......
Yea, some wise person said true geeks almost always find their way back. T-Mo is already losing points fast... I paid for Overnight Delivery and it's gonna take them a week to get me my phone :/ I'm really starting to reconsider... Is Edge really that much worse than EVDO/3G? I may just take my TP2, if sms & web will work. Anybody out there using their TP2 on T-Mo's network with call, text, & web fully functioning?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul
Carrier: sprint

indevolatile is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano3113 View Post
IF using Sense, slide over to the Settings tab and select other.

In that list you should see Update Profile and Update PRL if you have them installed.
Nope, not there. I actually ended up reflashing the stock Sprint rom to get the profile updated, then reflashed Energy again. I also saved the cab file that Kozmo linked to save me some time in the future.

It seems like this is something that should be included by default in a rom designed for sprint devices, though. Maybe I missed something because I flashed from SD? (I always run a task 29 between flashes) There was an awful lot of stuff in the .exe file that I more or less blew off after extracting the .nbh.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Well, you guys... *sniffle* I have finally fallen victim to the "Dark Side". My run with you has been relatively short, but I must say I will honestly miss hangin out over here! I've learned so much from you all... I was a PalmOne Girl (& yes, I did say girl, lol), and you truly made my Windows Mobile/HTC/TP2/EnergyROM experience worth the while! Thanks to all the cooks, especially NRGZ, and all you other super cool guys (& gals) who give your time & energy for this passion, despite the $pay$ I will definitely check in from time to time, as I don't plan on getting rid of my TP2 just yet, at least for 30 days... No sad goodbyes!!!
Quote:
Yea, some wise person said true geeks almost always find their way back. T-Mo is already losing points fast... I paid for Overnight Delivery and it's gonna take them a week to get me my phone :/ I'm really starting to reconsider... Is Edge really that much worse than EVDO/3G? I may just take my TP2, if sms & web will work. Anybody out there using their TP2 on T-Mo's network with call, text, & web fully functioning?
Appreciate you helping out around here once you got up to speed with using your TP2 + Energy ROMs. NRGZ's ROMs made using the TP2 usable. I came over to winmo as I was a Palm user, like you were, for almost a decade lol - keep trying winmo for years until they brought out a decent device like the TP2.

TMo's network really varies depending on where you live and how much you travel. Calls/Texts are usually OK. It's their data coverage where I usually travel to that's always in GPRS (2g like) - which is just slightly faster than when I'm on 1xRTT (2g) on Sprint. Best of luck moving on and hope you can drop by often.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
Old 06-01-2011, 07:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
Once you provision it should show up in settings tab > other. If not, there is always the update profile/prl cab in the paperclip HERE .
Quote:
Nope, not there. I actually ended up reflashing the stock Sprint rom to get the profile updated, then reflashed Energy again. I also saved the cab file that Kozmo linked to save me some time in the future.

It seems like this is something that should be included by default in a rom designed for sprint devices, though. Maybe I missed something because I flashed from SD? (I always run a task 29 between flashes) There was an awful lot of stuff in the .exe file that I more or less blew off after extracting the .nbh.
I'm guessing you did not folllow up on kozmo's recommendations? The NRG Wiki/FAQ (from post #6) also provides the same information on where and how to install the Profile update cab that user Teradog wrote up some time ago. Once that's done (and do a soft reset as a precaution), the tips from the other users of where to find the Profile updater in the settings can be found. You did not need to reflash to stock to run the updater. I used these same procedures to fix up Error 67 and new TP2 units to register Internet access on Sprint.

Folks, remember to point users to the Wiki/FAQ on post #6 if the answer is there. Teradog and other users have spent a fair amount of time putting repetitive information in there. If the answer is not there, then we need to make the effort to write it up You can help by submitting in the wiki itself, or PMing Teradog or myself with your section piece submission.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

June.01.2011 ROMs coming up

Quote:
Energy.RHODCDMA.29020.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.May.15.7 z 162.3Mb
Energy.RHODCDMA.29020.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGla ss.May.15.7z 165.7Mb
Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sencity. May.15.7z 161.3Mb
Energy.RHODCDMA.29020.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sencity. May.15.7z 162.2Mb
Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Touch.Of .Glass.May.15.7z 165.3Mb
Energy.RHODCDMA.29020.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Touch.Of .Glass.May.15.7z 166.2Mb
Energy.RHODCDMA.29020.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.GTX.May. 15.7z 164.8Mb
Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGla ss.Jun.01.7z 162.5Mb
Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.GTX.Jun. 01.7z 162.2Mb
Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jun.01.7 z 159.1Mb
Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sencity. Jun.01.7z 159.0Mb
New ROMs coming up. However, no CHT185 or Titanium yet, give those a few extra days to show up if NRGZ's automated scripts hopefully get to them.

No change logs posted yet that I could find. I'll update the wiki changelog/release notes section shortly. *EDIT* initial update to wiki for this new release.

Also, many thanks to the users stepping up to help around here. I know some of the veterans are still around and helping as well.

Last edited by powinmo; 06-01-2011 at 07:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: June.01.2011 ROMs coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
New ROMs coming up. However, no CHT185 or Titanium yet, give those a few extra days to show up if NRGZ's automated scripts hopefully get to them.

No change logs posted yet that I could find. I'll update the wiki changelog/release notes section shortly.
no new 29020 rom's posted yet. Heres hoping its timing with NRGZ's automated scripts....dl 21916 Sencity June 1st Rom now.

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul
Carrier: sprint

indevolatile is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
I'm guessing you did not folllow up on kozmo's recommendations? The NRG Wiki/FAQ (from post #6) also provides the same information on where and how to install the Profile update cab that user Teradog wrote up some time ago.
I did read the FAQ! We swears, precious! Ok, well, I searched it for anything that had to do with an error 67. It was this entry that left me a little lost, given that my problem didn't seem to have anything to do with texting or needing codes:

Quote:
Carrier Provisioning
  • Default = Sprint, you don't need to do anything. However, if you run into texting issues or need ## codes you must run it. Advised to do so in settings.

Maybe a list of error codes with links to the appropriate sections would be a good addition? Just trying to be helpful for anyone like me in the future who doesn't understand that error 67 means "insert cab A into slot B".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development